• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Existence Erasure for Ragna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ragna's Astral Heat disintegrates his opponent's physical form into nothing and completely annihilate their souls, which sounds like existence erasure to me. Does anyone believe we should add this?

Unfortunately, ThePerpetual, who was our primary Staff Member on Blazblue matters has retired for months now, so I have no idea how to evaluate this.

To quote from Ragna's Astral Heat:

Astral Heat: Black Onslaught: After a short charge-up period, performs a reverse-grip upward swing. If it connects, Ragna goes berserk, unleashing a massive combo of brutal scythe swings before transforming the Blood-Scythe into a black hole-like void of darkness that rips an opponent apart; to conclude the attack, Ragna reclaims his sword and performs one final stab that causes the target's physical form to disintegrate into nothing and completely annihilates their soul, leaving only a trail of black seithr feathers floating in the air.

I believe we consider being able to destroy the soul and body with an attack (e.g. Die Ewigkeit users) separate from being able to outright erase something's existence

I think existence erasure is more like erasing the person from Time future and present like Beerus's Hakai

TFSCell said:
I think existence erasure is more like erasing the person from Time future and present like Beerus's Hakai
I thought the definition of existence erasure is reducing the target to nothing.

According to the BlazBlue wiki, Ragna simply drains the target's soul and disintegrates their body, which is mostly Soul Manipulation (not sure if I wrote what's currently on Ragna's page or not).

From what I can remember from blazblue's ending ragna did erase his own existence from his timeline and the memory of his existence from the rest of the blazblue cast when he created the new timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back