• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Existence Erasure for Keyblades

Sera EX said:
I've explained why on threads prior. This is just the same upgrade re-skinned for the third if not fourth time and it's getting tiresome. Very tiresome.
It might be good if I could have some links to these prior threads.

Nehz XZX said:
The scene in KHII were Goofy went unconscious due to a rock hitting his head kind of contradicts that since the others seemed to think that he died. KHIII also contradicts it since Riku felt the need to tell Sora that everyone still retained their heart after many of them got knocked out due to Terra-Xehanort.
There could be way more contradictions than this and it would still do nothing. A useless power like this doesn't need to be perfectly consistent as it's there basically because of a whim, hence you usually don't see elaborations of how that's a one of the many powers/stuff about the characters that die or are defeated and they just blow up or something. There are exceptions, of course.

I mean, in "worlds", no one is aware of what a "heart" is, and they clearly are aware of what death is, and not of the "fading from existence" fashion, for example, Hiro keeps saying "Tadashi would have done this", implying that that part of Big Hero 6 happened beforehand, supporting that in KH death doesn't mean "you just fade".

@Eficiente

Please read the updated OP. Not only is Existence Erasure as a natural consequence of death not consistent but there is also evidence for normal people having no knowledge of cases of people fading from existence because of death.

In case nobody has noticed that yet, I have added four video links that show that Existence Erasure isn't a natural consequence of death in Kingdom Hearts in the OP along with explanations as to why they contradict death being the same as fading from existence in Kingdom Hearts.

It seems like Sera and Eficiente have rejected this suggestion. We should probably close this thread then.

Antvasima said:
It seems like Sera and Eficiente have rejected this suggestion. We should probably close this thread then.
They have barely even referred to the recent updates I have made to the OP. Closing this thread now would be way too soon because of that. Sera didn't even write why this should be rejected aside from the fact that it has apparently been brought up in the past and I'd still like to get the links to these past threads as well as the reasonings for the rejections.

Okay. I suppose that we can wait then, but if Sera and other staff have rejected this repeatedly before, it is likely that they do not have the energy for an extensive repeat performance.

Whom could I ask for links to the past threads that dealt with this issue?

Sorry, I don't have time to go looking for threads, I'm pretty preoccupied with far more important things.

I've contacted three people from the Knowledgeable Members List.

Sera EX said:
Sorry, I don't have time to go looking for threads, I'm pretty preoccupied with far more important things.
You don't have to apologize. It's alright. It should be possible to get the relevant information from other sources. You don't have to occupy yourself with this if you are already dealing with other issues.

@Matthew Schroeder

Currently explanations are something that I want far more than simple agreements or disagreements.

Nehz XZX said:
@Matthew Schroeder

Currently explanations are something that I want far more than simple agreements or disagreements.
@DarkDragonMedeus

Are you ignoring me? I've already posted why fading from existence isn't a natural death in Kingdom Hearts. Which part of the evidence is apparently so flawed that you don't even see the need to address it?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree with Eficiente, Sera, and Matt.
Could you guys just stop with this? At this point I don't even want agreements or disagreements. I want explanations!

First of all, I'm not familiar with the verse, so I can't really give explanations. However, it's just there have been far too many threads regarding Kingdom Hearts that the staff who are familiar have gotten exhausted with. Sera doesn't really have time to explain it, but I think Eficiente was explaining it best.

Anyway, I looked through the OP, and still found nothing to support existence erasure. I see multiple examples of their bodies disintegrating or their people's bodies getting shattered after frozen in ice. But I see no statements about them being erased from the pages of history or their minds and souls being destroyed.

@DardDragonMedeus

Ice isn't involved with any of the examples. I also don't know where you have that with the pages of history from. Nobody stated that. I'm still waiting for someone to provide me with the links of the past threads.

Kairi's death; or maybe she was turned into Crystal and shattered. And I meant, "Being erased from the pages of history" is our main definition for full existence erasure.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Kairi's death; or maybe she was turned into Crystal and shattered. And I meant, "Being erased from the pages of history" is our main definition for full existence erasure.
Ice and crystals aren't involved with that at all as far as I know. That was Xehanort literally shattering Kairi's heart to pieces. "Being erased from history" isn't on the page for Existence Erasure and I was certainly not arguing for that kind of Existence Erasure.

@DarkDragonMedeus

"Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind. Powerful enough uses of this ability can even erase the mind and soul, if not more fundamental aspects of one's existence, such as concepts."

This is the actual definition from the page. Erasing someone from history is one of the more potent versions of the ability but it isn't a requirement so it has nothing to do with this thread. If the body of someone vanishes without traces and without any constituent parts left behind, then it should qualify for Existence Erasure.

I've also linked evidence for it not being natural death so Eficiente's reasoning isn't suitable for rejecting what is in the OP unless the evidence I have provided isn't sufficient for some reason. If it is, I'd like someone to explain to me why.

I'd also like to point out that the heart is in Kingdom Hearts one of three components that make up one's being. The other two are the soul/"mind" and the body. You can read that up on the verse page for Kingdom Hearts. Therefore, if only the heart remains for whatever reasons, then that means that these two things have been lost via whatever caused this in the first place.

I'm still waiting for the links of the past threads that dealt with this issue and the reasonings that led to it being rejected.

I've added Chirithy's confirmation of Kairi having faded from existence to the OP.

Since the staff are tired of this subject and have rejected the suggestion, perhaps we should close this thread?

Antvasima said:
Since the staff are tired of this subject and have rejected the suggestion, perhaps we should close this thread?
I've still got barely any feedback to the recent additions I have made to the OP and I have also made another addition to the OP to which I have no feedback at all yet. There is also the fact that I still don't have the links to the past threads as well as the reasonings for the rejections.

I have contacted all the Knowledgeable Members that were listed under Kingdom Hearts that I hadn't contacted yet about the issue with the links to the past Kingdom Hearts threads that dealt with Existence Erasure for Keyblades.

Antvasima said:
Well, I strongly doubt that anything will happen here.
That just means that it will take a while. It doesn't invalidate the fact that many of the things in the OP have been left unaddressed for the most part and that I still haven't got these links and reasonings. Therefore this is still going on regardless of whether or not much is happening.

They have been addressed exhaustively in the past, and no staff members are interested in repeating themselves about this over and over. Our standard praxis should be to close threads under such circumstances.

Antvasima said:
They have been addressed exhaustively in the past, and no staff members are interested in repeating themselves about this over and over. Our standard praxis should be to close threads under such circumstances.
There are still a few things that have been left unaddressed in this thread and I am still waiting for the links and reasonings.

Well, I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Antvasima said:
Well, I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.
Okay.

Okay, I've got some answers regarding my request about the past threads that have dealt with Existence Erasure for Keyblades from TheSpeedster96: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4099879.

According to what I have been told this topic hasn't actually been extensively discussed in the past. Apparently the topic came up in past threads for concepts in Kingdom Hearts in regards to having one's heart taken causing this but what I'm proposing in the OP has nothing to do with concepts. Therefore this shouldn't be the same upgrade as what was suggested in those thread.

Could someone please explain to me why those past threads apparently invalidate what is in the OP despite the fact that the Existence Erasure for Keyblades has apparently never been the main topic of a past thread? Please correct me if I'm understanding here something wrong.

I can see this as something they do only when killing someone, and it's not EE, it's Transmutation, the bodies turn into energy and shatter away. Again, the power is not always being used, it just happens when they kill a target. As for the hearts being left, as far as I can tell that doesn't seen to be their doing and it just happens, because those are like souls or whatever.

>"Chirithy confirms that Kairi got erased out of existence:

https://youtu.be/co8TBDdadfQ?t=1256 "

This is poetic, if that needed to be said. Stuff like that, the OP having to be fixed and some other things I will not nitpick were improvable here, and because of them users commenting the equivalent of "I still disagree with this but didn't read the updated version of the arguments" is to be expected.

@Eficiente

Well, the hearts are left because everything else is gone and that is in turn what the Keyblades are doing. I'd also like to point out that the heart and the soul are explicitly separate which is explained on the verse page for Kingdom Hearts.

Regarding the OP, I'd rather have you actually nitpick there since I want to make it as good as I can. It's not fair to simply say that it isn't good for some reason without telling me how to improve or at least what I should improve.

I've updated the OP with clarifications about the heart being not identical with the soul.

I've updated the OP with scenes that show people fading away as a result of losing their heart for the sake of comparison. Due to how Nobodies work we can be quite certain that these scenes are cases of Existence Erasure. Visually they also seem to turn into some kind of energy like in the scenes that I have linked as evidence for Keyblades having Existence Erasure but since we know that they are fading from existence there we can safely conclude that this is simply how the series portrays Existence Erasure.

Back