• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devilish Clowns: Allen Walker vs Makima

What exactly are Makima's wincons when she's going against someone who seemingly resists all of her abilities, has massively higher AP, and Sword of Exorcism could possibly destroy the demonic aspect about her existence without killing, effectively bypassing her regenerative ability, and incapacitating her through mental destruction.

What exactly are Makima's wincons when she's going against someone who seemingly resists all of her abilities.
BFR to Hell, Halloween's mind hax and rapid age manipulation as far as I'm aware. There's also her mind hax but I still don't know how that's interpreted here.
has massively higher AP, and Sword of Exorcism could possibly destroy the demonic aspect about her existence without killing, effectively bypassing her regenerative ability, and incapacitating her through mental destruction.
SoW is probably a hard counter to her ressusction. Although I suppose it depends on the whole "everything with hostile intent towards Makima will be transferred onto a Japanese citizens" thing since its based on perspective of intent.

BFR to Hell, Halloween's mind hax and rapid age manipulation as far as I'm aware. There's also her mind hax but I still don't know how that's interpreted here.
How exactly do these abilities work? If they're equalizable with Dark Matter, then Allen could just nullify all of this stuff with his Innocence and higher potency of Power Nullification compared to anything in Chainsaw Man (that I know of, at least)

SoW is probably a hard counter to her ressusction. Although I suppose it depends on the whole "everything with hostile intent towards Makima will be transferred onto a Japanese citizens" thing since its based on perspective of intent.
Even assuming SoE wouldn't just negate the Damage Transferal outright by attacking her fundamental existence rather than doing physical damage. I'm not entirely sure if Allen would have "hostile intent" against Makima (at least at the start of the fight). Contextually, SoE exists because of Allen's desire to save Akuma, he doesn't really feel hostile intent against them, he only pities their existence. I just see him having pity for Makina, and having the desire to exorcise her soul tbh.

How exactly do these abilities work? If they're equalizable with Dark Matter, then Allen could just nullify all of this stuff with his Innocence and higher potency of Power Nullification compared to anything in Chainsaw Man (that I know of, at least)
Fair enough. Conceptual attacks should probably overwrite her contract since it's not targeting Makima on a normal level but rather on a Conceptual level that only effects evil so the contract shouldn't come into play here. Makima most likely wouldn't be able to use the contract to reflect attacks onto the japanese citizens since they only effect evil, and not innocent people so that wouldn't be transferable.
Even assuming SoE wouldn't just negate the Damage Transferal outright by attacking her fundamental existence rather than doing physical damage, I'm not entirely sure if Allen would have "hostile intent" against Makima (at least at the start of the fight). Contextually, SoE exists because of Allen's desire to save Akuma, he doesn't really feel hostile intent against them, he only pities their existence. This extends to Noah as well, which is why it came out against Tyki Mikk, and the Noah are humans.
Very fair argument.

To play Devil's Advocate what counters does Allen have against Conquest or Makima's chain durability negation? There's also Halloween although I very much disagree with that being something Makima has access to.

To play Devil's Advocate what counters does Allen have against Conquest or Makima's chain durability negation? There's also Halloween although I very much disagree with that being something Makima has access to.
I'm guessing Conquest is her Mind Control ability? If so, I'd just argue that Allen could nullify the Mind Manipulation via his Innocence, like the rest of her demonic-based abilities.

Same thing with the chains. Innocence can destroy and deconstruct Dark Matter constructs, it should also destroy those chains as well. Especially given the massive AP differences at play.

I have no idea what Halloween is, so I can't comment on that right now.

I'm guessing Conquest is her Mind Control ability? If so, I'd just argue that Allen could nullify the Mind Manipulation via his Innocence, like the rest of her demonic-based abilities.
I share the same train of thought there.
Same thing with the chains. Innocence can destroy and deconstruct Dark Matter constructs, it should also destroy those chains as well. Especially given the massive AP differences at play.
Dark Matter constructs are also fair.
I have no idea what Halloween is, so I can't comment on that right now.
Halloween is essentially dumbing the knowledge of the universe. So it's not infinite since CSM's cosmology isn't infinite in scope but it's nigh infinite although Makima has never summoned the Halloween devil / fiend.

Chainsaw Man doesn't have an energy system so all the abilities kind of go by "it just works".

Devils share a name with Akuma, but they aren't an inherently dark or evil kind of being, and certainly have no dark energy.

Back