• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Example addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this needs much discussion.

Basically, add a few profiles that the wiki considers to follow its formatting standards to a T in the different standard format pages as examples so that members can refer to them when creating a profile.

For eg: To the Standard format for character profiles, add a few profiles of varying tiers that as per the wiki standards, is of high quality. So that one can refer to them when creating a character profile.

The same can be applied for Verse pages, Item profiles, Team profiles etc.

Last edited:
Feels like, if the page ever undergoes a revision, it will be annoying to remember to update it. Otherwise, this is good in concept.

We would need to decide which ones though, and also write some kind of draft for a new page.

I can imagine this would be fine in practice, probably wouldn't be super difficult to maintain.

Would probably be a good idea to have such pages admin locked, of course.

Is a good idea. A similar thing I was thinking to be added to power/abilities pages since the example for a lot of them lack a good explaination on their own. Ex: Quatum Manipulation, links I/O Characters and on their profiles there is nothing but just the power linked. Users may want to see examples of the powers but when opening these pages there is nothing to show....but this likely needs its own thread.

Is anybody here willing to write a draft for how we should apply this suggestion in practice?

Is a good idea. A similar thing I was thinking to be added to power/abilities pages since the example for a lot of them lack a good explaination on their own. Ex: Quatum Manipulation, links I/O Characters and on their profiles there is nothing but just the power linked. Users may want to see examples of the powers but when opening these pages there is nothing to show....but this likely needs its own thread.
Are we going to put this into force as well? Or is a separate thread required?

I am not sure what @Zaratthustra means that we should do in their quote post above.
I think he means that the powers and abilities that have the example linked with them possess insufficient information. Taking the I/O example he cites, it just states that they possess them with nothing more. I think he wants to switch out those profiles with characters whose quantum manipulation is clearly explained ie. possess a good application of it.

Okay. Some guidelines in that regard would be very useful, if we do not have them already, yes.

Is anybody here willing to write a draft for how we should apply this suggestion in practice?
My understanding is that the page pertaining to this staff discussion is the one titled “Standard Format for Character Profiles" found at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Character_Profiles.

As for the draft, I have included a section for “examples” at the bottom, but I currently do not have any examples to provide. If you ping @Deceived3596, they may be able to assist me in this regard.

I think that our pages are far too inconsistent for this suggestion to work. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back