• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Ernie question

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Is our profile on the character based on his showings in the original Chaos! Comics world? Or is it based on his incarnation from Dynamite Entertainment's recent reboot of the Chaos!verse?

Reason I ask is, I see a number of powers and such which seem to be taken from the original version of the character, but his durability is based on a feat from the reboot. Despite having a lot of the same characteristics, I'm almost positive that Dynamite!Ernie is a different character from the original, complete with a different origin story.

I think I made a mistake on the Evil Ernie page by accidentally taking a feat from the Dynamite Ernie version.

Yeah, I just recently reread his Origin Of Evil story, and the nuke feat comes from that. It's probably his most impressive feat so far. (Although Dynamite!Ernie hasn't been running for very long, so that isn't saying too much)

I'm sure Classic!Ernie has plenty of good durability feats to use, but I haven't read the old comics in years. We also don't have any of the other old-school Chaos! characters on the wiki yet, so I don't even know where to start as far as what he would scale to.

Ernie wouldn't scale to Lady Death anyway. I don't remember him being portayed as anywhere near her level. (I don't think...)

But yeah, this seems like a problem. We're missing a lot of vital info here, especially in regards to scaling and whatnot.

I don't remember. I know he had at least one comic where he directly fought Purgatori (who was her rival IIRC), but that's the extent of what I can recall.

I'm not sure. Unless he was directly there (or directly scales to someone who was), I don't know if he does or not.

I may have to see about rereading these comics once I'm done with my Mask and Devilman revisions...

I do remember him fighting Cremator, now that you mention it.

Is there anyone important (besides Lady Death, obviously) who Purgatori scales to as well? Because from what I remember, he fought her as well. May have won too, but I can't recall clearly enough.

Crap...

I can probably go hunt down the old comics once I'm done dealing with the revisions I currently am, but that's probably not going to be for a while...

Do you have the time to read through them as well?

Maybe we should re-tool the current profile to reflect current-day Dynamite Comics Ernie for right now. I have several good feats of his saved that might work for that, and it means we won't have to change much for the moment. We might be able to make profiles for a couple of the other current-day Chaos! characters based on the 2014 event storyline, too.

I'll probably reread the old Chaos! issues sometime later, but this seems like the best course of action for right now.

So far, most of them are Wall level by way of mutilating human/humanoid bodies in various ways. But as far as the ones that really stand out go:

• He regenerated from that nuke at the end of Origin of Evil. (Note that I actually don't consider this a durability feat, since the nuke still damaged him as much as it did the woman who was standing next to him. Who was killed by it.)
  • Towards the beginning of the same comic, he called down a blast from the sky that parts several clouds and vaporized a bunch of guys who were on top of him.
  • He incinerated a woman's head with an energy blast from his hands.
  • He completely incinerated a man.
  • Touching the green energy-thing inside of his open torso caused a man's arm to explode.
  • He revived literally every dead person within the prison and was able to control all of them at once.
  • In the Chaos! event comic, he obliterated a house with the same sort of sky-blast he summoned in Origin of Evil.
  • He punched through the bottom of a van, then casually kicked off one of its back-doors hard enough to hit someone with it.
  • He was able to take control of one of Purgatori's ghouls, despite said ghoul already being under her thrall.
  • After Purgatori put on a device which amped her mind control, he was the only character who was completely unaffected by it. When he was amping himself with it, the device allowed him to affect people all the way in St. Louis, Missouri from a location in New Jersey, and it was all but stated that he was going to bring about the entire world's mass-suicide. (Which was his goal)
  • He called one last sky-blast down and managed to completely vaporize both Purgatori and himself, nulling his own healing factor in the process. (Which, again, was something even a nuke couldn't do) Purgatori also survived geting hit with an exploding plane in this event comic, so that's something.
  • In Suicide King, he withstood being blasted with liquid nitrogen. This was done without Smiley.
  • He was unfazed by getting tackled through a wall.
  • He withstood a gas station exploding while he was inside of it.
Mostly Small Building level stuff at max, but some of it seems a whole lot higher. I have the scans for all of these, too. Might upload them to my Imgur soon.

I vaguely remember at least one feat of Classic!Ernie surviving an oil tanker exploding in his face.

Found it. And nope. Just burned off his skin and hair. (The lower half of his torso is already nothing but skeleton, as per his character design)

Seems like it. And I think I remember Classic Ernie punching down a fairly sizable steel door once, which would also make him 9-A going by another character's similar feat. I should probably look for the scan of that, though.

Also, Current Ernie doesn't have any real speed feats of his own yet, but I just found a scan of Classic Ernie dodging a tank shell. (I cropped out everything else in the page, since there was a lot of other shit going on too)

Ernie tank shell feat

Alright, so I found them. Admittedly though, I did remember things a little wrong. He didn't punch the door down; he punched through it.

Ernie punches through a steel door 1
Ernie punches through a steel door 2
That said, I also found a scan of him ripping another steel door off its hinges.

Ernie rips a steel door off its hinges

I found a couple of other good feats in Evil Ernie: Straight To Hell.

Here's one where he releases an energy wave that incinerates/vaporizes a few demons.
Ernie releases an energy wave (Straight To Hell)
He tore his way through a massive three-headed dog in a later issue.

Ernie rips his way out of Cerebus 2 (Straight To Hell)
And in his fight with Chastity Marks, he ripped a tree out of the ground and tossed it like it was nothing.

Ernie throws a tree (Straight To Hell)
Last one is Wall level, but the first is definitely Small Building level territory, and the first might be up there as well.

Durability should probably say "Withstood an oil tanker explosion at point-blank range." just for the sake of specifying. He also flew a helicopter into a building and survived, so that could probably serve as further justification.

Speed should be Supersonic or so, since he explicitly dodged/outpaced a tank shell at close range early on in the series. (Going by this, those are well into Supersonic territory) I also just read the issue, and the speedsters he blitzed are non-canon; they were part of a dream.

Range should be far higher with his telepathy. He was controlling half of the entire U.S. worth of undead by the point where I'm at in the story, and it's being implied that he's capable of doing even more than that. At the very least, his TP was able to cover the entirety of Washington D.C., since that's very explicitly shown early on. (Second installment of the original series, actually)

Looks good now, although Durability should probably be located below the Lifting/Striking Strength sections. (Standard profile format)

I'll probably add more feats to the profile myself as I find them, but that should be good for us to start off with for now.

Alright, looks good. Think we can use this now.

...Do we need another mod's permission to fix up his page, or can we just go ahead and do it? It's not locked or anything.

Hmmm...Is there anyone else who might know enough to confirm everything we have, or are we the only ones here with knowledge on the character/verse?

Back