• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Cole vs Akuma- So, you traded your humanity for power? Neat.

Cole stood atop a skyscraper overlooking the city that was now his empire, smirking devilishly. With Kessler, Alden and Sasha out of the picture, there was no one left to challenge his rule. Sure, Moya was still lurking about plotting his demise, and the looming threat of the Beast was a thing, but he'd deal with that when the time came. After all, he was the strongest person around, what'd he have to worry about?

ZOOM

The sound of an oncoming projectile roused the villain from his internal boasting. It was only through weeks of experience and his passive radar that he was able to dodge the purple fireball that obliterated the rooftop he was previously standing on. Landing on the street, Cole turned towards the direction the fireball came from, only to find a man with tanned skin, blood red hair and a black gi standing there, his cupped hands facing towards the direction he just came from. Looks like he found his attacker.

"Hey, what's the bid idea buddy!?" the Conduit barked at the mysterious man, "You got a death wish or something? Cause they're easier ways to get yourself killed, most of which don't involve bothering me."

The stranger took the threat in stride and finally responded back. "I've heard tales, from all over the world," the man spoke in a demonic voice, "that there exists a man with the ability to control the elements themselves. A man of such great and terrible power, that he rules over all he sees with an iron fist. A man who's attained so much power, that most have come to call him a demon. Is that man you?"

"Looks like my reputation precedes me" Cole remarked arrogantly, "that still doesn't explain why you tried to fry my ass."

Now having confirmed that man was his target, the man got in a fighting stance, "My name is Akuma, and I seek to test your strength again mine, Cole MacGrath, Demon of Empire City!" the man now known as Akuma shouted, a dark purple aura covering his form, "Let us see which one of us demons is the superior combatant!"

Chuckling at Akuma's challenge, Cole got into his own fighting stance, black and red lighting dancing along his form, "I don't know what your deal is old timer, but I have a feeling a little bit of shock therapy will fix you right up."

FIGHT!

The Demon of Empire City
vs The Raging Demon

Post 2nd Ray Sphere Cole vs Base Akuma

SPEED EQUALIZED

Akuma starts in base but can access any of his other forms.

WHO WINS AND WHY?

Sony's Mascot:
1 (The Wright Way)

Capcom's Mascot:

Both go out for a drink and try to forget about Street Fighter x Tekken:

I'm not voting yet, but love the intro, and will say that Akuma's major disadvantage here is that he's going to have to deal with Cole's anti projectile shield/shockwave, and that anytime he gets close he'll have to go through a literal barrage or wall of lightning. Or homing lightning.

Alright, so let's establish a few things.

This seems to share the same dynamic as a lot if Cole's other fights, where he gets owned at close quarters but dominates at a ranged distance.

AP isn't very big, it's Akuma's 1.28 Gigatons vs Cole's above 2.08 Gigatons.

Both can amp their AP, Cole by absorbing electricity and Akuma by transforming.

The Raging Demon technique will annihilate Cole if he gets hit by it, but Akuma would have to get through a wall of projectiles in order to get close enough to land it.

How does Intangibility work?

Basically Akuma uses a technique that lets him dash forwards while intangible, allowing him to completely bypass any oncoming projectiles. It's usually used to set up a grab so he can use his Raging Demon.

Ah, that can most definitely be an issue, but if it's only for short distances than Cole can probably dodge.

You know those really annoying fighting game moments where one character is able to just sit in a corner and projectile spam until you die and there's nothing you can do? That's this fight.

Cole gets my vote.

Does Akuma have any good anti electrocution feats?

But yeah Cole has a lot of abilities that can distract like anti gravity shockwave, and the heavy electrocution shockwave, or the palpatine lightning

Cole likely has an issue with keeping his energy up but I think he can leech off if necessary

He doesn't have any good lightning resistance feats that I can think of, but I'm pretty sure he had a bunch of decent heat resistance feats.

On a side note, evil Cole doesn't really have gravity manipulation, since that's a good Cole only move.

Does Akuma spam it? The beam version can be dodged also, although I'm assuming you're talking about the "rising vertical" version.

I mean whatever the raging demon one is.

He lead with it twice when he did a sneak attack on Gill and M Bison and used it in his fights with Gouken and Gen

NNNOOO MY BOI AKUMA!!!!!......

If ya couldn't tell, I'm not to confident in his ability to win here BUT that is only due to coles immense wall of text he calls abilites.

I will say however I HIGHLY doubt cole has a chance to do much in close quarters outside of maybe running away and akuma doesn't technically have any true "electricity" so cole would have to charge up from something else.

problem is cole wants to get away and pretend he's a touhou character with the amount of projectile spam/nullification he has.

Akuma may have Exp, skill and transformations (that might be able to give him the AP advantage but speed is equal so I guess that'll stay the same) but I don't think he'll be able to stay in as long as he needs to take the fight.

not technically, Cole is still large mountain + while akuma sits at large mountain in base, likely higher in other forms

Sure we could debate all day about how strong he gets in each form but we honestly don't know the details on that.

I say both still have a fair chance, Cole got some dank snipe game but akuma has mad fisticuffs. Although my vote still may have to go to cole because of the location of this fight. Cole could projectile spam all he wants and just charge back up from almost anywhere around him when he needs to. If it weren't for that it'd be much closer and I may even say it goes to akuma

is he?

the changes aren't on his page just yet and that seems like a massive change for something so prviously established

Back