• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how far into 4-B Superman is though? If he's average 4-B, then wouldn't a casual backhand from Cythonna imply at least double strength, which would be at the edge of 4-B and start of 4-A?

Nah. 4-B has a range of like 880 billion from top to bottom. You could kill Superman with a tongue jab and still only be 4-B.

As for Ares I wouldn't instantly scale anyone to 4-A because they fought him. Gods generally have varying power levels in DC/Marvel.

If Superman doesn't make the cut for average 4-B, shouldn't he then be marked Low 4-B? Due to the wide range of 4-B, the average is exactly half the upper limit.

I do not remember it ever being used, but I suppose that I may have forgotten.

I don't know if it has or not, I was going off the wording stated.

Low
Currently used to denote low end of a particular tier, it will here-on no longer be utilized in that manner. "Low" will be utilized only if the instance matches with the revised Attack Potency chart.

The here-on implies it has been applied at some point but no longer is.

Is https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_real_cal_howard/Superman,_the_Prince_of_Pushing the best AP calculated feat for this version of Supes? This would imply he's at the very low end of 4-B. If Supes is upgraded, would others who scale to him also be upgraded?

ChemistKyle89 said:
If Superman doesn't make the cut for average 4-B, shouldn't he then be marked Low 4-B? Due to the wide range of 4-B, the average is exactly half the upper limit.
Superman is 4-B. He's rated at like 597 foe to a couple kilofoe. Its just that one shotting him isn't isn't to warrent a 4-A rating.

Superman also scales to Flash's IMP of 616 kiloFOE. So yeah, even a 7.5x AP advantage over him is not even close to high-end 4-B.

Ares is weird cause he can flutuate between Wonder Woman level to Multiversal Higher-Dimensional God. Like with New Gods, the Greek Gods aren't very wise to use for scaling.

Superman has withstood a barrage of attacks from Flash-level speedsters before I guess, but I don't know if he's actually ever been hit by a IMP.

As for 616 kilofoe thing, I thought Gwyn's 1.08 kilofoe end was accepted, not Matt's end.

Nah, Matt later made an argument for 616 kiloFOE and that got accepted IIRC

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ares is weird cause he can flutuate between Wonder Woman level to Multiversal Higher-Dimensional God. Like with New Gods, the Greek Gods aren't very wise to use for scaling.
This is correct, yes.

Anyway, what is left to do here?

The Shattered God feat seems like an outlier, yes. I don't remember the Green Lantern one.

FanofRPGs said:
Wouldn't Supes only scale to Flash's IMP when Supes himself is doing the IMP?
Flash used the IMP on a white Martian who stated he had the density of Superman and said Martian lived. Also there is probably some scaling of the IMP to Reverse Flash and that to GL that would let it scale to Superman.

FanofRPGs said:
Green Lanterns ever being tagged are when they are within close proximity and not using their full travel speed. Green Lanterns are known for using wormholes and other specialized techniques to bypass high distances in shorter amounts of time.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwL1Ek8kV_xc5AX-PDMYfIxziIQow6VK029aeRs5qTU/edit?usp=sharing

There is only three feats that pass the quadrillions range:

-The Darkseid and Highfather Feat, but they were upscaled by the Boom Tubes so it's not as impressive

-The GL feat

-The WW feat

The Wonder Woman Feat should be automatically disqualified because it's higher than any Flash and GL feat by miles. There are a lot of feats i nthe millions/billions range as seen by my spreadheet, and I am missing many.

Also before the feats in The Human Race are mentioned, The Flash was amped at the time.

So what should we do about the Shattered God?

Depends. Purely going off numbers it's a big outlier.

Wally has an unamped speed feat about 3 sextillion c. WW's feat, lowballed as much as possible, gives her reactions over 17 times faster.

On the other hand, WW can approach the Speed Force barrier which is unquantifiably faster than the speed Wally was going when he performed that feat. It happens at a greater speed than breaking the time barrier by pure speed alone, so it's straight up immeasurable.

You can either give Diana the serious Wally scaling or (and I think I prefer this option) you can remove the Shattered God feat and instead scale her to Lanterns.

What exactly "light speed" is as a concept in DC Comics, is frankly a can of worms that should probably stay shut. Just know that as of the Speed Force being officially defined by Johns, you need to break the light barrier, the time barrier, then finally the Speed Force barrier to get in to the Speed Force.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
You can either give Diana the serious Wally scaling or (and I think I prefer this option) you can remove the Shattered God feat and instead scale her to Lanterns.
The latter option seems more reliable. She might need a footnote explanation about why we do not scale her to blocking pieces of the Shattered God though.

There's never been a sanctioned race between the two or a friendly race like with Superman/Flash or Superman/Supergirl (mostly since while they are fast, speed has never really been a focus for GLs). The most you'll find is them flying together for inter-stellar travel.

The latter option seems more reliable. She might need a footnote explanation about why we do not scale her to blocking pieces of the Shattered God though.

Is somebody willing to apply this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back