• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World Meta Thread 17

I mean

Really good resistance is resistance to really good soul manipulation, but it comes down to exact values, which neither of us have. I think it's better to just retcon it.

I don't think you can scale non-combat applicable soul hax that only seems to work on souls under your jurisdiction onto normal soul hax though.

I think that Superman's Soul resistence might scale to the soul manipulation of MM, so millions to billion of souls worth of resistence

So basically, you're saying you can adapt to it because I've used it before, but it's fair because you can't adapt to stuff that's been used before. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Yobobojojo said:
So basically, you're saying you can adapt to it because I've used it before, but it's fair because you can't adapt to stuff that's been used before. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
Your attacks are part of this battle so I can adapt to them.

But then the reasoning is no longer "its part of the battle" but "you've used it before," which leads to my first post.

the times you used it before are part of the battles aren't they? I said that I can't adapt to things from previous battle without them being used in this one. I don't see what part of what I did doesn't follow this.

The problem is where that argument ends and begins. By this logic, as long as you've encountered it before, so long as a foe is using it, it can be adapted to. Furthermore, it seems that these supposed restrictions have no source or origin from what I can see.

No because I have to have adapted to it too. I can't suddenly adapt so electricity manipulation because I've never adapted to it before and you're not using it. As for the restriction that's because the Makuta have never shown their adaptations to be permanent.

Except this has nothing to do with permanence, but rather reusage, like you're doing now. You also just proved my point, as you essentially just said that's o long as you've adapted to it once before, you can do it against a foe even if they have not used that ability yet, which was my whole problem here.

Like I said that just because this is still the same battle that has probably been going on for just minutes because of our speeds. I also can't adapt to everything. For example I probably can't adapt to sleep manipulation or BFR.

Back