• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is actually tricky. I'd say years of street fighting and his buzzsaw hat gives Speedwagon an edge, but invisibility and his rather obvious fear of dangerous foes could set him back. In which Nightmare could take an advantage of that weaknesses and beat him while he's struggling to keep a hold of himself. Plus NM has that invisibility but Speedwagon may be skilled enough to notice the eyes as a weakness. Plus Speedwagon has seen a lot and I'm not sure if Nightmare could take full advantage of it and the rock and roll reference is much more skilled.

Leaning towards Speedwagon but right now going Incon

Is it daytime or nighttime by SBA?

Because if it's daytime, Speedwagon likely takes this via being a plenty good thug and being able to play around sneak attacks/thug tactics.

Nightmare has invisibility, but I believe Speedwagon has higher AP(? I don't have a calc so I'm not sure if it's been calced) and higher skill.

In nighttime, it's closer, but I believe Speedwagon's greater skill and hat will give him the edge up. With the Hat, he has a massive range advantage and can attack from multiple angles at once. Plus, the blades on the hat would be able to tear into whatever Nightmare is made of far better than other forms of attack.

I believe SBA states it's whatever the most advantageous for both fighters, so...likely night time, maybe twilight hours

Alright, night time. I'm leaning towards Speedwagon anyways, since the Helicopter Hat orbitting Speedwagon would make approaching him quite difficult, and Nightmare has no ranged attacks at all.

Forgive me, Lord Speedwagon...

Nightmare takes this. Speedwagon would be terrified the entire time (Just try to tell me Nightmare is less intimidating then Dio). Nightmare's bones probably would be able to endure the hat (They seem to be made of metal). Some people argued in another thread that Nightmare is biological, but I disagree. Nightmare, even in UCM, clearly has mechanical parts. So he dosn't give a hoot about pain, either. He's basically Johnathan Joestar when he fought Speedwagon but better.

The Smashor said:
Forgive me, Lord Speedwagon...
Nightmare takes this. Speedwagon would be terrified the entire time (Just try to tell me Nightmare is less intimidating then Dio). Nightmare's bones probably would be able to endure the hat (They seem to be made of metal). Some people argued in another thread that Nightmare is biological, but I disagree. Nightmare, even in UCM, clearly has mechanical parts. So he dosn't give a hoot about pain, either. He's basically Johnathan Joestar when he fought Speedwagon but better.
Nightmare is not as scary as DIO. DIO is an entire tier above Speedwagon and would literally one-shot him. Nightmare can't.

As well, the hat is bladed, so the metal v metal battle will be not especially favor Nightmare.

As well, Jonathan Joestar has monstrously higher AP than Speedwagon and Nightmare.

Eh, I still don't think it's enough to be scary to completely beat Speedwagon. Speedwagon was scared of Jsck the Ripper more because of the horses eating each other more than Jack himself. He was scarred of Dio because he was a vampire and while I don't doubt he'd be scared of Nightmare, he was scared of Dio's powers more than appearance.

Plus Speedwagon is gonna aim for the eyes since it's the only thing he can see of Nightmare. He won't see the whole terrifying body of Nightmare anyway and he has complete control over his hat. So he'll hit the eyes and... win?

Yeah switching to Speedwagon

I agree with Arsenal here, his intellect will also come in handy within the fight itself. He can use his Buzz saw hat to combat Nightmare and his invisibility too (which is something that it always relies on, along with stealth which in this case won't do it good against Speedwagon)

Switching to good ol Speedwagon for reasons stated above.

Back