• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ethan vs Anikitos - FC/OC 8-B Tournament

Round 3, semifinals

Anikitos vs Etha

Speed is = (both themselves, moves and objects, to not let Anikitos neither Ethan speedblitz)

Anikitos has all arsenal

Rest is SBA

Fight

EDIT:
I forgot to restrict Anikitos soulless eyes lol. my bad.

EDIT2: Actually no. Anikitos has soulless eyes, but with the same restrictions of those in this key of him. Go on.

Ok, I'm not sure if Speed = means that Lightning Dash/Super Signal Movement speed is also equal. But let's assume that it is. Here I go.

Ethan due to AP advantage and having a wider powerset

Anikitos has Regen and Fear Manipulation, which could be tricky for Ethan to deal with, but Ethan outclasses him everywhere else

Ethan literally has control over ALL of the elements as well as Chi, he can Fly, and his Super Signal could allow him to dodge nearly anything that Anikitos could throw at him

Anikitos has a lot of tools up his disposal that lead him to victory throughout this tourney. 2 of them are Smoke Grenades and Invisibility Cloak, Stealth Hax. However, Invisible enemies are nothing new to a XenoRealm Warrior. 6th Sense is a basic ability almost all characters have in the ORWverse. It's pretty much a radar perfect for detecting enemies one can't see over a large radius (even more when Energy is applied). Therefore, Anikitos' trump card, stealth, is quite useless. This also includes his OHKO lasers, Ethan can detect them from anywhere and basically dodge with the help of Super Signal, which he would immediately activate as soon as he detects just one laser

Now all Ethan has to do is hang back and blast his enemy until their brain is completely destroyed

@Izrel Also Ethan can't fly. He can only Air Dash, a form of pseudo flight, he can only do so much before coming back down, he can't "fly" very high either, though its enough to get on buildings.

My points aren't done tho. Because of 6th Sense, Ethan can detect Anikitos' real damage dealers, the laser gun and the explosive grenades.

For the gun, when he sees Anikitos aim to fire, Ethan has more than enough to time move away, especially if Super Signal was helping, and even if it wasn't Ethan has both Air and Fire to help propel himself out of the way.

As for the grenades, Ethan would tap into his human instincts. There is a somewhat spherical object flying toward him without any special properties, therefore, it's a grenade. Ethan's first instinct is to RUN OUTTA THERE because he don't wanna get blown to bits

And theres Anikitos' two best weapons countered

Headshots definitely aren't something exaxtly easy to do in the middle of combat where someone would have the common sense to dodge.

Dunno bout this fight though.

DMUA said:
Headshots definitely aren't something exaxtly easy to do in the middle of combat where someone would have the common sense to dodge.

Dunno bout this fight though.
even so, Ethan's Inferno Beam covers the whole body, so he doesn't need to aim for the head. And if he decides to, Ethan could just move in closer. Anikitos just doesn't have enough tools to defeat Ethan, just laser and bomb. Plus, Anikitos also needs to hit a super vital spot to insta win, and Ethan has many ways to block or dodge the laser

I should also mention a power that most don't really think of with Ethan. Lightning Jump. It's a Super Signal move only (it's been in his profile for awhile), but it's practically a teleport, so in case Anikitos does get Ethan with his Eyes, Ethan could Lightning Jump to safety from Anikitos' laser. Even then, Anikitos' Eyes aren't reliable because he don't even know about them

I feel like restricting movement enhancement here is kinda rigging it, or, no, just kinda tilting it in Anikitos' favor, especially with unrestricting insta win hax

I personally think that Soulless Eyes is too broken for this tourney, if he lands it, which is easy, it's game over, this can be said for every person in the tourney, especially when Ethan's speed options are completely useless

The only thing that can Ethan can possibly do is use Lightning Jump away as soon as he gets caught in the eyes because his human instincts would help him do something even when his mind is scared as F

If Lightning Dash and Super Signal were in, it turns the tables dramatically

I believe that ethan has a huge advantage with all his minipulation skills, and the fact that he could use air minipulation to somewhat fly could really be a problem for anikitos. So my vote is on ethan.

As a clarification.

Soulless eyes isn't like lol you look at my eyes goodbye bruh

Since in this key he really doesn't know it, if Ethan or him glances by any means he would just disable him for some secs via feeling fear and thats it. I don't really think that can tilt in Anikitos favour or give him time to grab his gun while disabled.

I mean, im pretty sure Ethan after getting disabled will try to avoid direct eye contact. If you feel a near-death fear emotion after looking into someones eyes and getting paralyzed instantly, im sure if you survive it you will try to avoid it, its really basic instinct.

Speed is = because laser gun 50% SoL and i guess that's applies for all. If Lightning dash thing isn't spammed like hell to a speedblitz i guess it can be used? like in short bursts on other characters. Im not knowledgeable on his abilities

Unlike his other keys, who spam the soulless eyes and lock opponents in place with it and throwing other moves, he does not do that in this key.

Ethan won't need to even have to see to fight either, he has 6th sense. So he knows all the details of what's going on in the battle without the need to see.

To clarify, the 6th Sense can detail everything in his radius, to the point where it is as good (if not better due to 360 degrees) as his sight, so he can see his enemy's moves pretty well

Im voting for Ethan. I believe he has better hax and some abilities that lets Anikitos stealth on the floors like if he didn't have them. Also better AP, since i haven't applied Anikitos dura upgrade yet and lets just assume he is baseline.

Even if he glanced by accident and sees Ethan grounded, i don't think it would give enough time for him to grab his gun and oneshot him.

alright, so the votes are:

Ethan: 3 (66Gaming, Izreldan, Me (Uninown))

Anikitos: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Did i miss anyone? My internet is going nuts and the reloads take ages, sorry.

I think you can vote your own character i believe. That would be thankful to make this swifter.

Back