• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Esdeath-Sama
Mr-Friendship-Power
Surprised this hasn't been made yet but anyway

Speed equalized

Natsu Post second Time Skip

Esdeath does not have the ability to use Ice Storm Commander In-Chief

Esdeath - 5 (Cropfist, Delta3000, Adam of darkness, Raito Utopia, Leyi12396)

Natsu Dragneel - 2 (ScarletFirefly, Panemorfos)

Inconclusive - 0

Unless Esdeath opens up with Mahapadma and kills him, she's gonna get melted. She can't withstand extreme heat.

Esdeath, more skill (H2H and with weapons), exp, intelligence/stratagy, range (distance and power variety), her ice would at least partly shield her from Natsu's flames and she fights to kill and is really good at it; Natsu however doesn't.

ScarletFirefly said:
Unless Esdeath opens up with Mahapadma and kills him, she's gonna get melted. She can't withstand extreme heat.
She has been shown to not even be affected by the flame orb thrown at her. And neither was her Ice.

http://www.*************/manga/akame_ga_kiru/c076/15.html http://www.*************/manga/akame_ga_kiru/c076/16.html

Nope, don't remember this part lol. Who are these guys and how powerful are they? Also the ball of fire is moving forward therefore it's not applying heat during extended amount of time. Natsu could melt an entire arena just by standing and releasing magic. She'll be forced to fight in an extreme heat for a long time. Also he could melt magic enhanced steel just by touching it, and that was chapter 2 of the manga.

The ball of fire is not moving. It is encompassing all of Esdeath and the ice. There's no movement from the fire once it activates. And what I'm saying is that it has resistance to heat and she does too. That ball of fire was enough to vaporize everything but the skeletal structure of it's first owner.

Also, it won't be a long time because, they are both on the same strength level but Esdeath is far far smarter than him.

Which melts faster? Steel? Or bone? Just generally curious. Then again I don't think Natsu would go down so easily considering his DC is higher than Esdeath. And he did fight that time stopper girl or something iirc? Forgot.

If Natsu could play his cards right he should do fine. Besides, isn't the time stop a one time use or did it get buffed? On the other hand Natsu might not be as smart as genius but... then again all shonen characters are like that most of the time right? And he could be clever enough sometimes, not that it'll change the tides.

I won't be surprised if Esdeath wins but right now I don't see the range disadvantage and other advantages on Esdeath. Natsu has my vote

His DC isn't higher, and his range is only several hundred meters while Esdeath is several kilometers.

The biggest thing here is that Esdeath has resistance to heat and fire, not even being fazed by being engulfed in a ball of fire that can disintegrate everything but bone. And the Ice was fine as well. Esdeath will not be as affected as most people will think.

Esdeath is a genius tactician and holds a Major advantage over Natsu in that regard.

Esdeath has a lot more experience. She's been killing since she was a young child.

She has one time stop that could end it. And she can create ice soldiers to distract him.

Before I start, sorry in advance for the long post lol.

Drellix said:
The biggest thing here is that Esdeath has resistance to heat and fire, not even being fazed by being engulfed in a ball of fire that can disintegrate everything but bone.
To disintegrate bone you'd first have to calcine it(decompose it thermally). This is usually done in temperatures of 550-1150┬░C. This gives you bone ash. Subjecting bone ash to higher temperatures(~1600┬░C) will make it melt.

Natsu has melted magically enhanced steel (normal steel melts ~1400┬░C). This was chapter 2 of the manga. Natsu is completely in another league since then. Later he has vaporized sand just by casually touching it (~2,200┬░C). Meaning that the version being used here can casually generate temperatures between 1400-2200┬░C. This will go even higher when he's serious.

Drellix said:
Esdeath is a genius tactician and holds a Major advantage over Natsu in that regard. Esdeath has a lot more experience. She's been killing since she was a young child.
Not entirely true. Esdeath has been fighting for her survival since she was young, fighting the cold and hunting different beasts. This is completely different than actual combat with other people. Also while she probably is somewhat smarter, Natsu is not to be underestimated. He has come up with several plans on the fly and has lead large scale attacks on his enemies. He was also a S-Rank Mage candidate back in the day IIRC.

Drellix said:
She has one time stop that could end it. And she can create ice soldiers to distract him.
This is a pretty good advantage for Esdeath as I mentioned earlier, it it lands correctly, Natsu is dead. But if she misses the chance, she'll get drained a lot so that could turn pretty bad quickly. Also don't the ice soldiers require extensive amounts of prep time? And how would she exactly move them around in the field if she's fighting herself? Get distracted by giving them orders and that will lead to quite a lot of damage. It's too risky to use them while battling herself.

LordAizenSama said:
Isnt everyone forgetting natsu moved during a time stop before?
And if you can resist the cold, you can resist esdeaths timestop. Being very hot helps.
I didn't. But I'm unsure if it applies for this version of Natsu also, he's only done it recently.

Oh, is it not the latest and strongest forms? my bad.

Though natsu can still likely resist it via intense heat.

Hmm natsu turn into end after he saw lucy can't move(he think she death) went dimaria use time stop( and that was base natsu)

If this is normal Natsu, meaning not Igneel power up or E.N.D. then this can go either way, but i will give Natsu the majority, like 6-7/10. Esdeath is ruthless and has a range advantage as well the variety of abilities. Natsu on the other hand, has higher damage output, is more durable and has faced pretty much anything she can throw at him, seeing as she is a mixture of Gray and Erza. I am not considering Mahapadma, because it is unknown whether it works on Natsu or not. I deem them as equals in skill, when it comes to h2h combat and Esdeath's rapier won't play that big of a role, since it's gonns melt the moment it comes close to Natsu. Ultimately, i believe Natsu will end the fight with a Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist.

If this is E.N.D. Natsu or Igneel power up Natsu, then he wins 10/10, since all of his abilities are boosted.

ScarletFirefly said:
Also don't the ice soldiers require extensive amounts of prep time? And how would she exactly move them around in the field if she's fighting herself? Get distracted by giving them orders and that will lead to quite a lot of damage. It's too risky to use them while battling herself.
No. Creating them in large quantities, yes. But when the Rebellion first launched their attack on the capital, she casually created 5 of them and she can put them on autopilot.

LordAizenSama said:
Isnt everyone forgetting natsu moved during a time stop before?
And if you can resist the cold, you can resist esdeaths timestop. Being very hot helps.
That's the newest version of Natsu, and it's not the same as Dimaria's. Esdeath actaully freezes time and space. Whereas Dimaria simply messes with the concept of time and stops it.

Which version of Natsu are we using? END is almost featless (resistance to time stop is an END exclusive ability and we didn't see it in action; so for all we know Nastu blindsided Dimaria before she even used it but she thought she had) and Igneel power up is 7-A.

Delta3000 said:
Which version of Natsu are we using? END is almost featless (resistance to time stop is an END exclusive ability and we didn't see it in action; so for all we know Nastu blindsided Dimaria before she even used it but she thought she had) and Igneel power up is 7-A.
It's in the OP

Delta3000 said:
"At least 7-A"*

But it would be High 7-A tho.

Cool then he doesn't have time stop res and Esdeath wins easily with mahpadma. Natsu should have a tab for END.

@ AidenBrooks999

Probably, depends how much of Igneel's power he got.

1) END could be Possibly 7-A, but I would make a thread for that later

2) A fraction, when Igneel was dying, so...

I'm leaning towards Natsu for what ScarletFirefly said. He should be used to fighting against ice since that's what his main rival uses (I'm not implying that he's resistant or immune to ice in any way) and what LordAizenSama said about Natsu being very hot which may allow him to survive Mahapadma makes some sense. However, if it's proven that his body heat wouldn't help him against the time stop, I'll change my vote to Esdeath.

Well Invel casually freezed Natsu , same was done by Silver before timeskip number 2. However first one was done by someone who was hyped to be strongest ice user and second had devil slayer powers (super effective against Natsu). As for Esdeath and her Mahapadma the time beeing frozen cannot refer to any particular temperature but it may be connected with absolute zero as all things exposed to that temperature stops moving.

I recall there is also Natsu going against Ultear that was disguised as Zalty as She use Arc of Time magic. Not to mention she also use her final magic to reverse time itself and that make her turn into a old woman.

So I don't know much about Esdeath, but I guess she has the edge. Unless she relies heavily on her time stop, Natsu should win this.

R031
Her Mahapadma is indeed an extension of her ice powers. If you can resist the cold, you can resist the time stop.

Mahapadma freezes both time and space and this post second time skip natsu not END natsu so he doesn't have time stop res.

Arc of time doesn't affect sentient living things with the exception of their magic (2nd and 3rd origin release) and rewinding time for the whole planet (lost ages); though this could just be Ultear being crap at arc of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back