• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs Irene Belserion

1 - good good then!

2 - I mean that is the same PIS nakama power up that allowed Erza to ascend into that meteor destroyer. And she did get that dragon slayer enchantment soooo she basically increased her effectivity against her.

3 - Partly missed that, but thought you were saying it's not likely to be used.

And yes, she did choose Wendy too because she looked young and she was gonna live longer.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
And she did get that dragon slayer enchantment soooo she basically increased her effectivity against her.

And yes, she did choose Wendy too because she looked young and she was gonna live longer.
Nah, Wendy enchanted anti-dragon magic into her sword, not Erza herself . Though again, may be PIS like you said

... You know what? I never took Wendy's age into consideration

And pls read my edited post as well :p

Graf Thorsdottir said:
You know what? I'm actually still confused about her mind-swap.

It seems I misunderstood her words. Biological relation is never a requirement.

But there's still the issue of compatibility. She mind-swapped with another dragon slayer with enchantment magic just like her. She THOUGHT she could swap with baby Erza who didn't have those magics, and so obviously failed (although also not helped that Erza was a newborn). So it's perhaps a bit too speculative that she'd want (and even be able) to swap with an ice user.
Actually, she didn't even tried

Graf Thorsdottir said:
You know what? I'm actually still confused about her mind-swap.

It seems I misunderstood her words. Biological relation is never a requirement.

But there's still the issue of compatibility. She mind-swapped with another dragon slayer with enchantment magic just like her. She THOUGHT she could swap with baby Erza who didn't have those magics, and so obviously failed (although also not helped that Erza was a newborn). So it's perhaps a bit too speculative that she'd want (and even be able) to swap with an ice user.
Actually she chose not to, because she loved Erza too much to do that to her

She has no qualms doing it to a stranger tho as with Wendy

She most likely can "mind-swap" with anyone really. It's just that Wendy had both Dragon Slaying AND enchantment - magics that Irene is well versed in. If Irene would swap with someone else, she would have to learn the magic of the target from scratch.

Honestly though, Base Irene > Erza. Maybe not by THAT much, but still pretty solidly. Erza had to bullshit to the max, and even then she only slightly injured Irene.

On topic, I vote for Irene for COB reasonings. Irene's explosions will help quite a lot, and despite her not using transmutation and mind-swap(?) in character, there is always a chance of her using it as a last resort. Esdeaths Time Stop is quite useful, but I'm afraid it's not enough to defeat Irene.

Most of the points have been shown by COB and Graf though. This battle is definetly not an easy one, so I vote Irene extreme diff.

This thread turned into me, Triforce and COB literally going back and forth regarding mind-swap :p

Captain Torch said:
1. If Irene would swap with someone else, she would have to learn the magic of the target from scratch.
2. Esdeaths Time Stop is quite useful, but I'm afraid it's not enough to defeat Irene.
1. Which is a major part of my point. Irene is not a primary ice user, so there's the possibility of her not willing to use it against someone with powers mechanism she has no knowledge about. Even in Wendy form, the only reason she could still spam explosions was because that Explosion spell is a part of Enchantment magic which Wendy has.

2. More than enough, actually. That attack is a last resort thing Esdeath ever uses if she needs to land a definite killing blow. Someone without decent regen like Irene can certainly die from it.

I don't think the focus is on mind swap though. More on practical use.

1) Rechecked the battle. Massive explosion magic is still something she can use. From how it looks Irene could still use some abilities of hers. Worst comes to worst, she can just quickly harm herself, which is literally what she did the moment she realize things are going badly, and returned herself to her former body. And if anything it looks pretty specific for Wendy to find a way to pull herself back. I'm also not sure at all on the integrity of Wendy knowing Explosion magic considering she never used it. But regardless of that, she can still seriously harm Esdeath. If she had enough strength to take off chunks of her side, she'll be willing to fatally injure herself.

2) Won't lie, it can be. At the same time it's the same case for transmutation and possession. If she swaps while she's dying, that means Esdeath is the one that's gonna be dying in her body. So technically 'Esdeath's body' wins but that means Irene won.

Bonus - If she casts berserker enchantment on someone, that could take away reasoning and thought. That might make Esdeath more predictable. And Irene has flight apparently? Does Esdeath have pseudo flight? Might be difficult for her to use everything to her advantage though.

I'm almost leaning to a tie on this tbh.

Irene can levitate, although I don't recall her using it in combat. The only time is when she came to Acno. Edit: Esdeath can float the way Irene did by attaching ice to her self then telikinetically control said ice

And yeah, with us going back and forth like this I'm almost leaning on a tie as well. Since we both said each of them wins with extremely high diff

Flight and tele if llegit would be an adv on combat

But yeah same Totally not sayig cause I'm doing hw or anything like that : p Though sincerely it is very close and both are great lovers anyway- I mean uh, fighters

Well I mean with the FT revision we are gonna take down her loss against Dimaria and her tie against Natsu (but also her win against Invel), and Gar keeps saying there would be a Nier revision that'd remove her loss against A2. So there's that

And there we go.

Grace Period is over and it's an inconclusive, albeit barely.

I'd like to say all of you debated incredibly well especially Graf and Core. And this match is well deserving of an inconclusive for both of your efforts.

Back