• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor revision thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overcoming a resistance through raw strength/power isn't resistance negation.

Overcoming a resistance through raw strength/power isn't resistance negation.
Look at Merelona page. Also sunshine can burns things affected by natural fire and surpasses hellblaze which also bypasses fire resistance. The skeletons are their own thing either it’s a likely rating or not applicable either works for me.

I can't see said page.

Which is considered raw power, even currently.

Skeletons being their own thing doesn't mean that magic suddenly works differently when it comes to them.

On second thought, I'll change my vote from outright disagree to neutral.

I suppose it is entirely possible.

Don't the vampires have a weakness to sunlight?
I don't recall if Royal Vampires are specifically killed by sunlight, but they're heavily weakened and irritated by it, at least. It's hard to tell because Gelda typically uses a shadow sphere (which wasn't drawn after its first couple appearances) to go outside.

There might be something in the databook.
Yeah but sunshine still bypasses resistances and can burn those unaffected by hellblaze.
Speedster, make new points. Don't just repeat the same line of dialogue each time.

I don't recall if Royal Vampires are specifically killed by sunlight, but they're heavily weakened and irritated by it, at least. It's hard to tell because Gelda typically uses a shadow sphere (which wasn't drawn after its first couple appearances) to go outside.

There might be something in the databook.

Speedster, make new points. Don't just repeat the same line of dialogue each time.
I thought you agreed with resistance negation for sunshine? It's time for makai

We know normal fire would be unable to harm Izraf.

Though he says that Hellblaze could harm him

He then proceeded to use a darkness cloak that’s supposed to null Hellblaze (Due to it’s nature Hellblaze is absorbed by darkness)

This could suggest that Izraf is worried by the nature of the fire not it’s temperature.

We know the darkness related nature of Hellblaze could burn a forest immune to normal fires (Said forest is very linked to holy magic)

His potency is just higher than their resistances it would just mean that he is stronger than them and that his fire is hotter than what they can take.

For this as well, I'll have to reject the OP. There isn't enough proof of Escanoar negating resistance instead of just having greater potency with his sunshine, and the same goes for destroying those skeletons.

Without more overt statements, the assumption I'm most comfortable with is just that these characters are showing greater potency then resistance can cover.

What I am arguing is that sunshine scales above hellblaze which can burn things immune to natural fire. The fairy king forest is immune to regular fire and hellblaze was able to work on it. Also izraf is immune to regular fire. Yet sunshine still works on him. Next Izraf uses an armour that is impervious to the hellblaze. And sunshine still worked on him bypassing both resistance. Negating a resistance is still resistance negation it doesn’t have to be immunity. For the skeletons that’s fair enough however the sins don’t have more magic power than 2nd demon mark Meliodas. And also the skeletons that Escanor burns are those imbued with a lot of negative energy meaning their resistances to magic are high and base Escanor still destroys them.

What I am arguing is that sunshine scales above hellblaze which can burn things immune to natural fire. The fairy king forest is immune to regular fire and hellblaze was able to work on it.
Which simply means it's hotter/more powerful than regular fire, this doesn't mean it negates the resistance directly.

Also izraf is immune to regular fire. Yet sunshine still works on him.
Same as above

Next Izraf uses an armour that is impervious to the hellblaze. And sunshine still worked on him bypassing both resistance.
Unless it's directly stated to negate the resistance, this simply means it's more potent to the point where the resistance cannot stop it.

Negating a resistance is still resistance negation it doesn’t have to be immunity.
No, bypassing a resistance through a higher level of whatever the resistance is blocking is not still resistance negation as you aren't actually negating the resistance in that way, your simply overcoming it's threshold with a greater ability.

This is why we don't give resistance negation for characters who mind hax someone with resistance to it as it just means it's more potent. There is no negating the resistance, it's overcoming the resistance through potency. You need a statement that states it negates the resistance in the proper manner.

For the skeletons that’s fair enough however the sins don’t have more magic power than 2nd demon mark Meliodas. And also the skeletons that Escanor burns are those imbued with a lot of negative energy meaning their resistances to magic are high and base Escanor still destroys them.
Because he was still stronger? It can easily mean his power overcome their resistance threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back