• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Escanor revision thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
with physical or magical attacks?

being resistant to magic doesn't say much about your resistance to physical attacks, also being resistant doesn't mean you're immune to it either, so his output could have just been higher than the amount they could resist, so i doubt thay would grant him magic resistance negation, sorry
Nitpicking Merlin and the sins all used their magic and it had no effect(Merlin has infintie magic) also sunshine is magic not physical. The thing is that the NE keeps on increasing their resistance even Melascula was astonished on how his magic was working on them.

Also added this
this is already different, Escanor succeeded because of the huge power gap.

-In the scan it is stated that the resistence and stats of skeletons are increased by Meliodas negative energy. Resistance like their stats are "formed" by the energy they possess. It is suficent to give Escanor a sufficiently greater energy output than the energy "stolen" from Meliodas.

-Melascula is,t surprised from the fact that Escanor has destroyed with magic something that is resistant to it. But that she beat the skeletons with Meliodas' energy.

-I am not sure he would succeed in similar feats with characters equal to or stronger than him. Further evidence would be more reassuring. I am not saying he does not have this ability, I just find this feat unsuitable for this hax

Merlin and the sins all used their magic and it had no effect(Merlin has infintie magic)
well, magic resistance does that, their magic output is inferior to the ammount the skeletons can resist, his isn't,

further evidence is their resistance is increasing, so they aren't immune, so the argument is still the same

he may have it, but this feat is unsuitable to give him any form of magic resistance negation

Nitpicking Merlin and the sins all used their magic and it had no effect(Merlin has infintie magic) also sunshine is magic not physical. The thing is that the NE keeps on increasing their resistance even Melascula was astonished on how his magic was working on them.
doesn't actually have infinite magic energy ,merlin can get tired and exhaust its magical power. In the case you are referring to the infinity technique Merlin's infinity can make spells active until she herself decides to disable them, as if they were active "indefinitely or to infinity." Merlin in the scan says that she cannot apply a certain type of spell because skeletons are not eligible for it, not because they are immune to it

well, magic resistance does that, their magic output is inferior to the ammount the skeletons can resist, his isn't,

further evidence is their resistance is increasing, so they aren't immune, so the argument is still the same

he may have it, but this feat is unsuitable to give him any form of magic resistance negation
agree

Well Melascula was certain that he wouldn’t be able to use magic on them. And also it’s on the page so being able to bypass it counts for magic resistance negation as a likely. Let’s get byashura thoughts on this.

and she was wrong, she understimated his magic output and was shocked by it

i don't know about this, but getting mods to answer it is the correct choice since i don't know much about the verse
That’s just head canon no one said using more magic would work on them if that’s the case wouldn’t Merlin just use enchant infinity? If Merlin of all people says that magic wouldn’t work on them it holds a lot of weight.

That’s just head canon no one said using more magic would work on them
their resistance was increasing which implies they weren't immune, this isn't head canon, this is what was stated in the panels you provided

if that’s the case wouldn’t Merlin just use enchant infinity
i'm not familiar with the verse, can you give more info on this technique?

If Merlin of all people says that magic wouldn’t work on them it holds a lot of weight.
that can simply mean she knows their magic output can't bypass their magic resistance

their resistance was increasing which implies they weren't immune, this isn't head canon, this is what was stated in the panels you provided

i'm not familiar with the verse, can you give more info on this technique?

that can simply mean she knows their magic output can't bypass their magic resistance
Yeah but bypassing resistance still counts for resistance negation they don’t have to be immune. Enchant infinity add infinite magic to an attack

Well Melascula was certain that he wouldn’t be able to use magic on them. And also it’s on the page so being able to bypass it counts for magic resistance negation as a likely. Let’s get byashura thoughts on this.
Melascula have Power null. It does not mean that the skeletons also possess it, it is an assumption and an error of association.
The skeletons feed on Meliodas' energy, Melascula has only used the skeletons through magic but it does not mean that they are immune to any magic just because of Melascula's power null.

on his profile he does not possess the ability to transfer his power.so certainly the skeletons do not have her powers, as stated, they have statistics amplified by the energy of Meliodas, she was shocked because she did not think that anyone was at a higher level than Meliodas in that form

Yeah but bypassing resistance still counts for resistance negation they don’t have to be immune. Enchant infinity add infinite magic to an attack

That’s just head canon no one said using more magic would work on them if that’s the case wouldn’t Merlin just use enchant infinity? If Merlin of all people says that magic wouldn’t work on them it holds a lot of weight.

Already explained⬇️

doesn't actually have infinite magic energy ,merlin can get tired and exhaust its magical power. In the case you are referring to the infinity technique Merlin's infinity can make spells active until she herself decides to disable them, as if they were active "indefinitely or to infinity." Merlin in the scan says that she cannot apply a certain type of spell because skeletons are not eligible for it, not because they are immune to it

Melascula have Power null. It does not mean that the skeletons also possess it, it is an assumption and an error of association.
The skeletons feed on Meliodas' energy, Melascula has only used the skeletons through magic but it does not mean that they are immune to any magic just because of Melascula's power null.

on his profile he does not possess the ability to transfer his power.so certainly the skeletons do not have her powers, as stated, they have statistics amplified by the energy of Meliodas, she was shocked because she did not think that anyone was at a higher level than Meliodas in that form
I am talking about Meliodas profile Magic (Scale from Melascula's Skeletons, who can resist magic with the negative energy of Meliodas granted by Melascula[28][31]) also bypassing resistance still counts towards resistance negation.

I am talking about Meliodas profile Magic (Scale from Melascula's Skeletons, who can resist magic with the negative energy of Meliodas granted by Melascula[28][31]) also bypassing resistance still counts towards resistance negation.
As I said it is always an error of association, just because they take energy from an induvidual does not mean that they have his powers, the burden of proof is yours. Their resistance to magic is limited by the amount of energy they possess. (already explained)

For the fact of having beaten them I have already explained, simply more output. You should expect Escanor to be able to do the same with characters who are as strong as he is or stronger.

Last edited:
nvm

In the case you are referring to the infinity technique Merlin's infinity can make spells active until she herself decides to disable them
thanks for the explnation sync, i appreciate it

altough i highly doubt escanor can really get resi neg with this, but i will leave it to the mods

nvm

thanks for the explnation sync, i appreciate it

altough i highly doubt escanor can really get resi neg with this, but i will leave it to the mods
  • Enchant: Infinity「符呪エンチャント・「無限」インフィニティ, Enchanto - Infiniti」: Merlin channels an unlimited amount of magical power over a spell, making it to grow and empowering exponentially.[8]

I'll comment on this thread in more depth later, but as the person who originally removed the Resistance Negation from Escanor's profile. I still don't agree the feat he does against the Vampire King is resistance negation, but rather Escanor's Sunshine having more potency compared to Izraf's resistances.

I'll comment on this thread in more depth later, but as the person who originally removed the Resistance Negation from Escanor's profile. I still don't agree the feat he does against the Vampire King is resistance negation, but rather Escanor's Sunshine having more potency compared to Izraf's resistances.
It would be almost impossible then to give him any type of this hax. Escanor is one of the strongest God tiers in the verse. Moreover, the one on fire has not proven to be as contradictory .

Sunshine's flames simply allow him to hurt even those who are resistant to fire As if they were "higher flames" being a grace. the demon king should have similar resistance and is able to damage him. This works on characters as strong as him or stronger.

He also used his amour that’s meant to deal with the hellblaze which also bypasses fire resistance.

As you said yourself, we just consider this to be something that's far more potent than fire/Purgatory fire, not resistance negation.
Diane, Merlin and co could still harm and destroy them with physical/magical attacks, just not easily. This doesn't suggest resistance negation, just that Escanor was far stronger than their durability, which is supported by the fact that he was easily the strongest Sin besides Meliodas in this moment.

I
As you said yourself, we just consider this to be something that's far more potent than fire/Purgatory fire, not resistance negation.

Diane, Merlin and co could still harm and destroy them with physical/magical attacks, just not easily. This doesn't suggest resistance negation, just that Escanor was far stronger than their durability, which is supported by the fact that he was easily the strongest Sin besides Meliodas in this moment.
That was before their is more evidence that it bypasses resistances. Also that was prior to their greater power up as some skeletons survived kings sunflower. Maybe likely magic resistance negation works since Melascula was certain that their magic shouldn’t be able to work on them.

No, literally all of it was after they powered up, and there's not a single skeleton on-panel that survived getting hit by King's Sunflower. The skeletons were all dead 5 panels after Diane crushed them.

Melascula wasn't confident that magic wouldn't work on them, she was surprised that Escanor could kill them in droves, which suggests they're strong and durable.
But still bypassing magic resistance is magic resistance negation.

Further explained here
No, literally all of it was after they powered up, and there's not a single skeleton on-panel that survived getting hit by King's Sunflower. The skeletons were all dead 5 panels after Diane crushed them.

Melascula wasn't confident that magic wouldn't work on them, she was surprised that Escanor could kill them in droves, which suggests they're strong and durable.
By the looks of it the sins could get magic resistance negation too as a likely.

She doesn't explain anything, she just says 'they're no longer ordinary weaklings', even after a normal attack burns right through their heads.

The only magic that didn't work was Gowther's nerve control, but that's because they literally don't have nerves. It's not magic resistance. That'd be like giving humans resistance to size manipulation because a plant growing spell doesn't work on them.

Yes, everything can resist magic to some extent in NNT.

But you can break through it anyway with strong enough magic. Their resilience does have thresholds.

Yes, everything can resist magic to some extent in NNT.

But you can break through it anyway with strong enough magic. Their resilience does have thresholds.
Your straw-manning my argument I am only talking about the skeletons magic resistance at this point maybe likely magic resistance negation can work. The times the sins attacks work were huge amounts of magic or maybe they can bypass magic resistance.(also Chandler and cusack resist the elements)

I'm not straw manning your argument. My point is that magic resistance has limits.

Yes, their attacks utilised immense amounts of magic. That's literally what I'm saying.

Elemental magic.

I'm not straw manning your argument. My point is that magic resistance has limits.

Yes, their attacks utilised immense amounts of magic. That's literally what I'm saying.

Elemental magic.
That’s fine but still bypasses magic resistance still counts towards magic resistance negation. A likely rating can work for Escanor the sins come later. Also at this point we just need to agree to disagree. Thoughts on resistance negation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back