• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Kyoko Sakura vs Twilight Sparkle (Quarter Finals)

Quarter-Final-1:
(Match 9)
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
(Cartoon) vs (Anime) match ! Here we go folks

Results:
Kyoko Sakura (Puella Magi Verse):
Twilight Sparkle (MLP): 1 (Finepoint, Lightbuster, DD)
Inconclusive:
uWbZPgH.png
vs
TXA6Owa.png

Last edited:
Do we have any idea which key Twilight Sparkle is in? Her behaviour may change based on that, although, I'm unsure if it'll relevant, & IDK either combatant's behaviour as well as might be ideal.
Anyone got the details on that, Kyoko Sakura's, especially?

Taking reference from the previous match, I believe Juan will launch some attack first before goes for transmutation.

Assuming It's just some regular projectile attack, that isn't going to to anything to Kyoko who fought creatures who can also do that. Kyoko can went ahead and gang up on her with her clones, or restrain her with chains made of magic and finish her. Transmutation itself is going to be useless when many PMMM Witches like This one are capable of doing that as well and Magical Girls are unaffected by it.

What about flight and telekinesis? This one also has it and Kyoko can fight her just fine by creating a floating platform made out of magic.

I dunno what else Juan can do, maybe someone can add something else into the argument.

Last edited:
Taking reference from the previous match, I believe Juan will launch some attack first before goes for transmutation.

Assuming It's just some regular projectile attack, that isn't going to to anything to Kyoko who fought creatures who can also do that. Kyoko can went ahead and gang up on her with her clones, or restrain her with chains made of magic and finish her. Transmutation itself is going to be useless when many PMMM Witches like This one are capable.of doing that as well and Magical Girls are unaffected by it.

What about flight and telekinesis? This one also has it and Kyoko can fight her just fine by creating a floating platform made out of magic.

I dunno what else Juan can do, maybe someone can add something else into the argument.
You seem to understand the abilities of Kyoko's opponent well enough, but why in the world are you calling Twilight Sparkle "Juan"?
The only Juan I know of is a Water-Type Pokemon League Champion in the Hoenn Region, & I'd assume that has nothing to do with this match.

Last edited:
You seem to understand the abilities of Kyoko's opponent well enough, but why in the world are you calling Twilight Sparkle "Juan"?
The only Juan I know of is a Water Type Pokemon League Champion in the Hoenn Region, & I'd assume that has nothing to do with this match.
Boomer detected :v

Assuming It's just some regular projectile attack, that isn't going to to anything to Kyoko who fought creatures who can also do that.
Don't really see the logic of "I fought people with these powers, therefore I'm immune". Can you elaborate? I'm not really saying you're claiming this, but to me specifically, that's just how it reads.
Kyoko can went ahead and gang up on her with her clones, or restrain her with chains made of magic and finish her.
Twilight should easily be able to restrain them all given telekinesis can focus on single or mass amounts of objects. Teleportation also makes the chains useless. Twilight also has seems to have superior lifting strength, so she can just snap free of them anyways.
Transmutation itself is going to be useless when many PMMM Witches like This one are capable of doing that as well and Magical Girls are unaffected by it.
That witch never even used it on her, and I'm not seeing anything about passive reality warping. No, I'm not saying you said this, but what I am saying is unless Elly's reality-warping was passively affecting people inside the barrier, there's no reason for Sayaka to have resistance to it or transfiguration based on how the fight went down.

Elly got blindsided, sent out some mooks, and got one-shot. That's the fight from what I've seen. Not to mention the fact that it only lists a possible transfiguration, without even bothering to elaborate where it could come from, as well as the fact that it's most likely an application of her reality-warping, where Twilight manipulates matter outright to transform it.
Twilight in either Unicorn or base form massively outranges. At minimum, she can use it over an entire town, to aiding in pulling the moon closer as a Unicorn, and then scaling up to stellar range as an Alicorn. Comparatively, Kyoko can at best go up to a kilometer according to her profile. If Twilight were to play the range game, Kyoko's doomed, and given she starts at 4 km via sba, she'll be doing that already.

Since it was asked, to my recollection, Twilight was in alicorn form for her fights in this tournament, so I'm going to assume the same thing here.

Last edited:
Citation, please? Because:
My citation is the fact that the threads involving her involved her alicorn form as a picture, sandman being the example. Pepper never really specified which form is being used, so I'm defaulting to the one I saw first. Doesn't really change anything I said.

My citation is the fact that the threads involving her involved her alicorn form as a picture, sandman being the example. Pepper never really specified which form is being used, so I'm defaulting to the one I saw first. Doesn't really change anything I said.
Okay. Hopefully it can be clarified.

Alright has the match up progressed ?
It's 1st Key for Twilight Sparkle?
Or Alicorn Twilight, going by the logic here, @DemonicDude , @Peppersalt43 ?

As for the matchup debate itself, that seems to be... Well, I THINK(?) it's making progress with this debate here:
Don't really see the logic of "I fought people with these powers, therefore I'm immune". Can you elaborate? I'm not really saying you're claiming this, but to me specifically, that's just how it reads.

Twilight should easily be able to restrain them all given telekinesis can focus on single or mass amounts of objects. Teleportation also makes the chains useless. Twilight also has seems to have superior lifting strength, so she can just snap free of them anyways.

That witch never even used it on her, and I'm not seeing anything about passive reality warping. No, I'm not saying you said this, but what I am saying is unless Elly's reality-warping was passively affecting people inside the barrier, there's no reason for Sayaka to have resistance to it or transfiguration based on how the fight went down.

Elly got blindsided, sent out some mooks, and got one-shot. That's the fight from what I've seen. Not to mention the fact that it only lists a possible transfiguration, without even bothering to elaborate where it could come from, as well as the fact that it's most likely an application of her reality-warping, where Twilight manipulates matter outright to transform it.

Twilight in either Unicorn or base form massively outranges. At minimum, she can use it over an entire town, to aiding in pulling the moon closer as a Unicorn, and then scaling up to stellar range as an Alicorn. Comparatively, Kyoko can at best go up to a kilometer according to her profile. If Twilight were to play the range game, Kyoko's doomed, and given she starts at 4 km via sba, she'll be doing that already.

Since it was asked, to my recollection, Twilight was in alicorn form for her fights in this tournament, so I'm going to assume the same thing here.

Base Twilight has little-to-no fighting experience, and is in fact very anxious. I don't see her pulling out wincons right away or wanting to fight head-on at all, because she would be at a severe disadvantage.
However, she is still an Extraordinary Genius, and would figure out what works and what doesn't very quickly.

Given she can still teleport in this key, and is more than smart enough not to get caught off-guard, and is in general very cautious, I simply don't see Kyoko pinning her down with an effective wincon before Twilight figures out what she has to do. She can outrange and abuse her telekinesis or eventually transmutation or something.

Last edited:
Base Twilight has little-to-no fighting experience, and is in fact very anxious. I don't see her pulling out wincons right away
A lack of fighting experience won't stop her from using transmutation (And I still use it as an argument because it's not listed as a resistance). It's fully in-character to use and the only thing stopping her was not knowing the right spells by her own word of mouth.

A lack of fighting experience won't stop her from using transmutation (And I still use it as an argument because it's not listed as a resistance). It's fully in-character to use and the only thing stopping her was not knowing the right spells by her own word of mouth.
Sorry if a stupid question, but: What indicates Twilight will use Transmutation rather than Telekinesis or Magic Blast in this case?

The fact that the scene I showed shows it's an in-character response for her? It's not an immediate response or anything, but it or another incap spell will get used relatively quickly if brute-magic force doesn't work.

It should also be considered that the version of Twilight being used here a lot more skilled and experienced than the time she encountered the hydra.

Back