• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Environmental Destruction?

I think that we should consider the mass and energy of the storm itself rather than the enviromental damage that a storm can do. Lastly depending on the results i will not take part of the downgrades of the profiles and verses.

Thank you Ant. And I have to agree with Dark649, the energy of the storm itself should be taken into account over the destruction caused.

@Dark649 Well, it seems like we are currently leaning towards case-by-case analysis.

Well, as long as the weather manipulation can be focused into destructive attacks, I think that the calculated sum total energy that they can use should scale. However, if all they can do is make it rain, that is obviously a different issue.

It's pretty much a case by case basis.

Character A can make a storm, and make full use of the storm to attack.

Character B can make a storm, but only ever uses it as a stockpile for his attacks, e.g. 1 lightning bolt at a time, or a gust of wind, etc.

The difference between them is that while they are both capable of let's say, 7-A storm creation, one can use it fully while one can't for some reason, which is a limiting factor to their AP.

It's hard to explain but the best I can think of is Emiya Shirou. (Spoilers abound for anyone not caught up with Fate)

Teen!Shirou in UBW series
was able to create Kanshou and Bakuya strong enough to hold off Kuzuki, who was strong enough to toss around Saber, but he leaked a lot of energy when creating it, shown by the amounts of arcing lightning and whatever effects were happening on creation.

Adult!Shirou in UBW series was able to create Kanshou and Bakuya the same as Teen!Shirou, but he doesn't leak as much energy during creation evident with the effects being barely any motes of light.

If both Teen!Shirou and Adult!Shirou used the same ability to summon the same weapon with the same amount of energy, but Teen!Shirou wastes a lot of the energy in the process, then Adult!Shirou will have more energy packed in the weapon, thus being stronger, evident in their eventual clash where Teen!Shirou's weapons were getting broken faster.

TL;DR, control is imo, another factor of AP. Not just capacity to release power.

Sorry for bumping this, but it seems like the consensus is a case by case basis. So what should be done with profiles that have this feat?

I am uncertain. As LordXcano said, it would be best if somebody wrote an explanation page for this issue.

Yeah. Considering we have 10k profiles (holy...), I don't think anyone would want to go through all of them just to find profiles with the feat. I guess if anyone happens to stumble upon any profiles with it, they could make a content revision thread for it.

Well, can someone write an explanation page using the information we discussed here?

I would also appreciate help with that. I could proofread it afterwards, and try to fix the grammar.

Back