• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ending the inevitable: Dante vs Kessler

Okay.

Isn't Kessler borderline High 7-A? I assume he is. This Dante is far above 265 megatons, so I think Kessler is around 3x stronger than him. Dante, however, is a tad bit faster in combat speed.

From my memory, mindhax is quite strong stuff in Kessler's arsenal. How willing is he to use it though?

Huh. The calc puts him in a Mach 1100 range and Dante is far faster than his DMC3 self, who casually dodged lightning at point-blank range. But if that's true, then so be it.

If he is willing to use it, then Kessler probably wins. I don't see anything that would push Dante to use Time Stop, so yeah I think he looses.

Shoot the clones that mindhax

They can't mindhax you if they don't get close enough.

They're much less durable, Cole, who was fighting evenly with Kessler, one shotted them.

Oh right

Oh, then he can shoot them, I guess.

I'll think about this more, but I'm currently busy with upgrading the reboot cast, and I have a feeling this may end up inconclusive.

If Kessler's other stuff is not lethal, then AP and Speed disadvantages may push Dante to use his Time Stop, which will likely give him a win. He also has pretty good survivability, with things like Teleportation & Royal Guard.

RebubleUselet said:
What is the other dangerous stuff Kessler has aside from mindhaxing clones?
TK, Bio drain tho not in character

Those aren't his only mindhax methods though.

No, I'm just not in the mood to write out everything in one post.

If that's what Kessler will do, then he could probably win. But then again, Dante could TS before he does so. Guess I'll stay inconclusive.

Oh snap 7A level DMC

Anyway, Kessler appears to have the AP advantage, as he's ridiculously high into the 7A range, but I think they're about even in speed given that both are casual lighting timers.

Kessler has shown that he'll use his hax fairly quickly in battle, so his mindhax clones will come out pretty soon. However, I'm pretty sure Dante can handle these fairly easily given the amount of ranged attacks he has, but if he so much as grazes one, it's GG

Kessler is also pretty quick to use his magnetism/telekinesis if his opponent is too far away or he wants to move them into a different position, so he could potentially rag doll Dante into one of the clones, or could just paralyze him long enough to get up close and memory inject him.

However, Dante's teleportation and Royale Guard make him a tricky opponent to hit, and he's arguably the better fighter in terms of CQC, and his regen is certainly gonna be annoying to deal with.

Kessler has the means of keeping Dante at bay with his numerous ranged attacks and TK, shockwaves can help with reflecting attacks, his ability to surround himself with lightning will kinda help with CQC, and his aura will help with some of the damage.

Kessler's clones and summons are gonna definitely keep Dante on his toes, added with Kessler's aggressive attack style, will ensure that Dante's gonna struggle to keep up, but his teleportation is a bitch to deal with, and Quicksilver makes it a GG for him, but it really depends on if he pulls it out before Kessler hits him with a TK + mind hax clone combo.

Need some time to think on this

He only has Quicsilver in DMC1, yeah?

Either way, Kessler has no means to combat getting time slowed/stopped

And before someone brings up time travel, that's a last resort move for Kessler at best, he won't use it right off the bat in character

If he is getting pushed back he would Dante only holds back against people who are weaker than him if he is fighting someone on his level he holds nothing back

Back