• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Emperor vs King

Galbatorix vs sideous
Conditions
+ Speed is equalized

+ both are serious

+ they fight in Ur├╗'baen

+ win by any means

+ both are in character

+ Shruikan is far away

+ Disney Canon Emperor

Darth Sidious: 1 (Delta3000)

Galbatorix: 3 (Shiznasty, Master of Arda, MrKingOfNegativity)

Inconclusive: 0

Sid is one of the best if not the best swordsmen in Star Wars and Gal isn't much of a swordsman from what i remember and he's only a tier 9 physicaly so he couldn't fight back even if he wanted too; plus a lightsaber would cut through Gal's sword like it was hot butter.

12 words of death can only be used on non magical beings (i'm assumming the Force is being equalised to magic). Gal can only nullify magic that uses incantations/the elven language and Sid doesn't use incantations. Sid is a skilled telepath and mind manipulator so he should be able to defend himself from Galbatorix's mind attacks.

Sidious also has energy absorption and precog.

A lightsaber wont cut through a dragon riders sword (thats the point ;D), Sideous is not 7-A for physical powers and the twelve words also work on magical beings (but magicians normally protect themselves with spells).

But its more a less a stomp for Gal now. (6-C vs 7-A).

It will, it's made of steel which is shown to be usless against lightsabers and even if it could Gal still gets destroyed in a sword fight. That's because he's high 7-A physicaly with force amplification (street level without it but he always uses force amp much like Gal always uses wards) and with his force powers. Plausible but your going to have to prove it (Sidious also has force barriers which could prevent Galbatorix's magic from even getting to him).

If you thought this was going to be a stomp why did you even start this match? Plus it isn't a stomp if you use their high 7-A stats.

Maybe but i don't think so. Even if he did it wouldn't really help him much in a sword fight due to Sidious's precog.

Riders swords are made out of brightsteel and forged with a lot of magic. It will be able to compete with a ligthsaber (at least for some time). Galbatorix can amplify himself with magic to high levels. Before I startet the match he was 7-A. The twelve words of death kill, by creating a telepathic connection and them kill by specific means that only cost a minimum of energy. So normal force barriers wont work and this is not EU Sideous (his telepathic abilities will be greatly reduced and Galbatorix telepathic abilities will be far superior)

Furthermore, dont forget that Galbatorix can use magic in all ways he wants and can imagine (the possibilities are basically endless). He could liquify the air, use magnetism to pull Sideous sword away, increase gravity and so on.

And Sideous precog is usefull, but Galbatorix has a lot of wards.

According to the profiles they don't work on magical beings (The Force and magic are equalized) or on anyone who can shield themself which Sidious can do with force barrier.

Delta3000 said:
According to the profiles they don't work on magical beings (The Force and magic are equalized) or on anyone who can shield themself which Sidious can do with force barrier.

I should fix that. It works on every life form, but magicians normally protect themselfs with spells and mental shields against the twelve words, because they are very easy to use.

Disney Sidious's telepathy is weaker but apparantly he can still use it to mind rape and kill so Galbatorix doesn't have much of an advantage especially since Sidieous's precog will tell him what Galbatorix is going to do well before he does it.

Theoretically yes but he probably won't since Inheritance mages arn't the flashy types who would do that sort of thing (they favor low energy cost attacks like the 12 words).

Galbatorix telepathic powers are those of hundrets of mad dragons combined. Sideous has no chance. I am sure after he sees that the twelve words dont work, he will try something different. But lets talk how Sideous could kill Gal, because I dont see much options for him.

Sidieous mind maniped the entire jedi order (in both canon and legends) which has hundereds if not thousands of members, hiding his plan from their precog and making them think he was an ordinary human for at least a decade; It's Galbatorix and his mad dragons that don't stand a chance, they won't even know how dangerous Sidieous is till it is to late and Galbatorix is either sliced to pieces or disintergrated with force lightning.

Sidious was able to hide his presence by using the force (thats not a telepathic ability or feat), but still impressive. Precog wont help Sideous in this fight (It requires time to use visions) and force lightning will have no effect on galbatorix, because of wards. Sword will also have no effect, because of wards and Galatorix own sword skills.

You can see were this is going ;D Gal takes this more or less.

No precog is usable in combat, it's right there in the speed section of his profile; I should also point out that all force users have combat precog (it's how they are able to deflect blaster fire whilst blind folded when they are training and in actual battle). Galbatorixes wards and stamina will be weakened by Sidieous attacks and they are only able to tank high 7-A attacks, Sidieous can dish out attacks of that level so he could damage him even with the wards. Galbatorix is utterly outclassed in a sword fight due to lacking precog, no note worthy dueling feats and the fact Sidieous can stomp 2-3 master level duelists at the same time (only grand masters like Mace and Yoda can match him).

Speed is equalized and Galbatorix has proven to be a high level duelist (defeating Vrael and fighting Eragon while experiencing the empathy spell). But yes, Sideous is most likely superior to Gal in a sword fight. But that doesnt matter, since Gal has hax advantage, higher AP and Dura, his mind powers alone will bring Sideous to his limits (EU Sideous would stomp him) if not defeat him while simoultaniously attacking him and his magic can do basically everything he wants. This fight is in Gals favour, I hope you can see that.

Speed equal doesn't nutralize the advantage precog gives (only a power that can disable/decive precog, also having precog or significant speed advantage can do that). Sidious is vastly superiour to Gal in a sword fight (for referance in canon one of the jedi masters that Sid stomped, Kit Fisto, defeated Greiveous) and it does matter because if Gal fails to break Sids mind fast enough he will be cut to pieces even if his wards give him a bit more dura.

It seems you dont understand how his wards work. As long as he has enough energy, every sword cut Sideous makes, will just miss Gals body and be deflected by his wards. Galbatorix pays just the energy equal to the sword blow and so on. With the amount of energy Gal has, he could just stand there watching Sideous fail over and over again to cut him for days if not weeks or months. At the same time he could break Sideous mind and/or use a more complex spell.

Sideous will very fast realize that he cant do anything with a sword and will quickly switch to force powers. And they will also do nothing. Anything he throws at Gal will be neutralized by his wards or Gal uses a one word spell that stops the attack in mid air. Lightning will be neutralized by his wards or redirected by Galbatorix on Sideous. Did I forgot anything ? Disney Canon Sideous isnt really that impressive.

Gal on the other hand has so much ways to kill Sideous. And he will break his mind, its just a matter of time.

I do understand how wards work but unlike you i understand the implications. Gal and his elundari do not have infinite energy (dispite what his profile says) and every hit his ward takes will deplete some of the elundari (since they are all individually holding 8-B levels of energy and are irracoverablely dead once compleatly depleated) making the next ward weaker and in about a minuite (given they are fighting at super/hypersonic speeds) Galbatorix's wards will be to weak to withstand a hit and Galbatorix is killed.

Yes, Sid can use tutamintis which lets him deflect and return Gal's spells plus absorb and nutralize Gal's spells and gain their energy him self mid battle; while Gal might also be able to absorb energy (dispite never having displayed the ability as far as i know) he would have to at least partially subdue sidious first (given other showing of the ability).

Breaking Sid's mind will not be easy, Sid could even turn the tables on Gal given his prodigious deception and manipulation skills and his tactic of letting opponets think they are winning and then crushing them for the mental shock value.

I just checked and Gal can only physically amp himself to wall level so he couldn't cross blades with Sid without getting disarmed in one hit.

Delta3000 said:
I do understand how wards work but unlike you i understand the implications. Gal and his elundari do not have infinite energy (dispite what his profile says) and every hit his ward takes will deplete some of the elundari (since they are all individually holding 8-B levels of energy and are irracoverablely dead once compleatly depleated) making the next ward weaker and in about a minuite (given they are fighting at super/hypersonic speeds) Galbatorix's wards will be to weak to withstand a hit and Galbatorix is killed.
Yes, Sid can use tutamintis which lets him deflect and return Gal's spells plus absorb and nutralize Gal's spells and gain their energy him self mid battle; while Gal might also be able to absorb energy (dispite never having displayed the ability as far as i know) he would have to at least partially subdue sidious first (given other showing of the ability).

Breaking Sid's mind will not be easy, Sid could even turn the tables on Gal given his prodigious deception and manipulation skills and his tactic of letting opponets think they are winning and then crushing them for the mental shock value.

I just checked and Gal can only physically amp himself to wall level so he couldn't cross blades with Sid without getting disarmed in one hit.

The low end of one eldunari is 8-B, but likely far, far higher (The 8-B comes from Arya and even small dragons have several times the strength elves have). After an Eldunari spent his energy, it simply recharges instead of being dead. The wards dont become weaker, if an Eldunari passes out as long as there is enough energy, its either on or out, there is no transition. Sideous could use tutanamis to absorb energy attacks of Gal, but nothing else. Complex spells cant be absorbed, even if spells are based on life energy, tutanamis focuses only on direct energy attacks. I furthermore never said that it would be easy to break Sideous mind, but as long as you dont give me a telepathic feat Gal is mentally superior. He has hundrets of mad dragons, who all have telepathic powers compared to a high level magician and one of those can break several if not hundreds of minds. Furthermore it is possible for Gal to amplify his strength to even higher levels as long as there is enough energy.

As much as I hate to say it, the king would likely win. You have to consider things like experience, training, power, and wit - all of which the Emperor has in droves. However, the King is stupidly strong with his magic, and that can easily override the advantages the Emperor has over the King. But, Sidious is by far the most powerful (if not, among the most powerful) force-sensitives and lightsaber masters in Star Wars canon. Combined with a sharp cunning (he manipulated his sworn enemies by posing as their leader - before killing off the government and Jedi Order and taking over) and you have a very dangerous opponent that could very well defeat the King by a battle of wits rather than a clash of blades. Sidious' Force powers are also notable, and his (arguably) most powerful weapon is the force lightning he can summon from his fingertips. Sidious' own patented brand of lightning was strong enough to make its victims bones show through the skin and muscle and fat, and is practically undodgeable at close range - with lightning being shockingly fast, not to mention the lightning spreading outwards into smaller forks as well. Galen Marek was a particularly notable case of force lightning - his lightning could kill someone on contact, and he was still inferior to Sidious.

Now we have lightsabers. If what you said is true, and Sidious' dual lightsabers do not cut through the King's sword, then Sidious will have a bit of trouble. However, lightsabers are made of plasma, which is actually really damn hot. A simple sword will only cut through flesh, and Sidious can probably still fight with that cut. A lightsaber, however, will kill someone with a single hit. If you get stabbed with a lightsaber, your organs will sublimate, incinerate, and be burned - which means that if you're still alive after the first blow, you're going to die in slow agony.

Now, again, why do I say the King has a better chance of winning?

Nothing protects you from magical incineration where you stand.

Yeah, Sidious is a lot higher in the combat department, but if Galbatorix gets off even one Word of Death, he has no answer for it. Gal's powers are also far more versatile than those of Disney Sidious. (The same probably couldn't be said if he went against the other versions of Palpatine, though...)

There's also the fact that Force Barrier would only protect Sidious against half of Galbatorix's magic at best, whereas Gal's wards would shield him from just about any non-mental attack that Sidious could throw at him.

Gonna give it to the King 7/10.

Back