• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elmer Fudd vs Yosemite Sam

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so here's the deal. Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are the two most prominent antagonists of Bugs Bunny cartoons. From what I can tell from their profiles, Elmer Fudd is the weaker of the two in terms of their ability pool despite being capable of using a drawing board, yet Elmer while gullible still has some amount of intellect. Yosemite Sam, on the other hand, has a greater arsenal and ability pool, making him more dangerous than Elmer as he was intended to be, but he's about as stupid as Lindsay from Total Drama. Come on, who the hell would be so stupid as to dig for treasure in their own ship? In any case, this battle will be full-on SBA with the exception that this battle takes place entirely within the cartoon both combatants are in (meaning the drawing board is restricted). With that aside, here are their profiles:

Elmer Fudd's Profile

Yosemite Sam's Profile

Who takes this?

ElmerYosemite Sam by chaosengine77

Elmer Fudd: 6 (Da Lunge Fish, 00potato, Frieza force soldier 101, ElixirBlue, Naitodesu, Grandlewon)
Yosemite Sam: 1 (ThisThingisReallyBroken)
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Didn't I restrict the drawing board?
Oh, then it's interesting. Elmer literally has no way to harm Sam's ghost form and arguably has no way to kill Sam's normal form. But Elmer has hypnosis, which would definitely work on Sam.

I think, Sam wins. The only way Elmer could win is by attacking first with the hypnosis, Sam wins in every other scenario.

Last edited:
Oh, then it's interesting. Elmer literally has no way to harm Sam's ghost form and arguably has no way to kill Sam's normal form. But Elmer has hypnosis, which would definitely work on Sam.

I think, Sam wins. The only way Elmer could win is by attacking first with the hypnosis, Sam wins in every other scenario.
Seems to be a fair point. Good to know that a Yosemite Sam win from restricting the drawing board is fairer than Elmer winning with the drawing board (which would've left Sam without a win-con).

I vote Elmer. Sam only really attacks with guns and is pretty dumb. Guns are no problem for Elmer with his regen, so after some time he wins with hypnosis.

I vote Elmer. Sam only really attacks with guns and is pretty dumb. Guns are no problem for Elmer with his regen, so after some time he wins with hypnosis.
Being fair, Sam's regen is higher than Elmer's (Mid-High as opposed to Low-High at best).

Sam’s regen would actually hurt him here.
Since fudd will struggle to kill him. He would likely use hypnosis before Sam goes ghost.

Yosemite Sam is pretty aggressive and just always goes into a shoot-out, imo Elmer will probably wisen up at some point and use hypnosis since he can't kill Yosemite Sam conventionally.

I'll go Elmer for now.

Okay, 5-2 in Elmer's favor. Still surprised that the two who had went for Sam hadn't changed their minds yet.

Sth interesting to note: In the older comics, Bugs says Elmer can't outsmart Sam(he wasn't kidding about his conscience bothering him). Things likely have changed after that. In the HBO Max shorts; when Sam tries choke Bugs, he is unbothered and when Elmer tries it Bugs actually looks worried.
In regen nobody has an atvantage, most toons can return from ashes anyways. In Elmer regen feat, he was already dust, Bugs just dispersed his upper body(if you're still sceptic he got his feet blown away in the comic version too and regen from a pile of dust in Wabbit & HBO Max shorts)

Interesting

Why has this match not been added to the profiles?
f1c8712adfdf0bc3365b213a32daa117.jpg

Back