• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero: Sorta Maybe Big Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, so yeah, I'm gonna be bringing in some old stuff that was never concluded and some new stuff that has been brought to light. These Revisions will either effect a lot of characters or only a few, so I'm just gonna over them all and see what happens.

Rebecca

1. Post-Xenolith Training
Rebecca's normal physicals fought and damaged, as well as took hits from Shiki's physicals. Shiki's physicals could take hits from Callum's Ether Gear, and Callum can fight and pressure Shiki's Ether Gear stats.

So Post-Xenolith Training Rebecca should backscale from Callum and Shiki, meaning she would be baseline High 6-C, which is 100 Gigatons. Now this would essentially scale to every single member of the Crew and also the Oceans due to Rebecca consistently being portrayed as the weakest member of the Crew at this time and also how Lyra can fight and hurt Rebecca, who gets defeated by Kleene, another member portrayed as comparable to other members of the crew. In general, since everyone was pretty comparable to Base Shiki before their training, they should still be somewhat comparable to him after the training.

2. Post-Timeskip
After the Timeskip, Base Rebecca would be far stronger, but to what degree is unknown, so we'll just leave her as "At least" whatever tier she was in her Post-Xenolith Training Key. With her Overdrive, she was able to somewhat fight and hurt Clown with just her kicks, however I admit this on it's own isn't the most solid, so at best, I think we should make Overdrive Rebecca be "Possibly 5-B" over of scaling to Clown.

Happy

Scales above Rebecca's physicals, so he would be 100 Gigatons and High 6-C

2. Post-Timeskip
Scales above Overdrive Rebecca's physicals and can damage Clown, albeit it's via hitting his weak point, so he would also get the "Possibly 5-B"

Weisz

Scales to Rebecca's physicals, so he would be 100 Gigatons and High 6-C

2. Post-Timeskip
Base Weisz can take hits from Killer, but is overall weaker, so he would backscale to Baseline 5-B. Arsenal Suit Weisz can break through Killer's Protection Matrix with his bullets, so he scales to Killer. Overdrive Weisz fights and matches Killer, so he scales to Killer as well.

Homura

Scales to Rebecca's physicals, so she would be 100 Gigatons and High 6-C

2. Post-Timeskip
Base Homura can parry and take hits from Brigandine, who is the strongest of the Dark Stars, so she would be 5-B.

Conclusion
  • Post-Xenolith Training Rebecca, Weisz, Homura, Laguna, and Kleene as well as Lyra, Sea Devil Nessah, Milani, and Ijuna would be High 6-C (100 Gigatons)
  • Post-Timeskip Overdrive Rebecca and Happy Blasters would be possibly 5-B (Possibly 59.44 Zettatons)
  • Post-Timeskip Base Weisz would be 5-B (59.44 Zettatons)
  • Post-Timeskip Arsenal Suit Weisz and Overdrive Weisz would be 5-B (416.84 Zettatons)
  • Post-Timeskip Base Homura would be 5-B (416.84 Zettatons)
This may flop, but hey, had to do it

Base Shiki essentially scaling to Shiki's Ether Gear sure seems weird to me based off this scaling chain.

Also, I'm not fond of a scaling chain for all those other characters just based off the logic of "Rebecca should be the weakest character." There'd need to be scaling feats / statements proving that they should also be scaling to High 6-C.

The only thing I'm iffy about is base Homura scaling fully to Brigandine. Yes, she takes multiple attacks, but she's also very clearly on the losing end. She's very much 5-B though, and everything else looks good

Base Shiki essentially scaling to Shiki's Ether Gear sure seems weird to me based off this scaling chain.
It's pretty clear cut all things considered. Given the evidence Mitch provided, there's no reason to assume their physicals are vastly below their Ether Gear.
Also, I'm not fond of a scaling chain for all those other characters just based off the logic of "Rebecca should be the weakest character." There'd need to be scaling feats / statements proving that they should also be scaling to High 6-C.
It's not a matter of "she should be the weakest," that's how the narrative itself portrays her. Combat-wise, she's not as much of a fighter compared to the rest of the crew. Compounding this is the fact that in chapter 132, Xenolith notes that Rebecca's Ether Gear is especially weak and that she'll require more intensive training than the others, indicating that she needed to train more just to reach the same level they did. She's also the last to get her Ether Gear and one of the last to get an Overdrive, compounding this inferior combat ability even more.

Fair, but that's a statement for her pre-training self, not her post-training self which everyone is supposedly scaling off of.
It's a support for the fact that narratively she's always weaker than everyone else. She was said to require extensive training, presumably to even reach the same level as everyone else (a logical conclusion from that statement, given how it's framed).

It's a support for the fact that narratively she's always weaker than everyone else. She was said to require extensive training, presumably to even reach the same level as everyone else (a logical conclusion from that statement, given how it's framed).
Sure, I'm not denying the narrative for pre-training Rebecca there. I'm saying I'd prefer something on the actual profiles besides "Narratively X character is stronger than Rebecca".

Rebecca is at most comparable to everyone else, if not weaker, because Xenolith stated she needed extensive training to (based on the context) reach the same level as the others. That's the justification profile-wise.

Also I understand you'd want more than a narrative explanation, but on some level, we need to take the narrative of the story into account.

EASY agree to everything in the OP, and even if it's a bit iffy I think that scaling Weisz and Homura to Rebecca's 100 gigatons is...fine, I guess.

If this is scaling their physicals to their ether attacks then I disagree considering that it gives them an amp while not using it is weaker + they always fight using either. Also Shiki taking dmg from Callum is a durability feat

If this is scaling their physicals to their ether attacks then I disagree considering that it gives them an amp while not using it is weaker + they always fight using either. Also Shiki taking dmg from Callum is a durability feat
It means Shiki's physicals are not too far off from his Ether Gear. There's nothing that suggests a wide gap between physicals and Ether Gear

It means Shiki's physicals are not too far off from his Ether Gear. There's nothing that suggests a wide gap between physicals and Ether Gear
And there’s nothing that suggests there’s a small gap between those two. Tell me, what’s the point of using ether if they can just fight without it since “nothing suggests there is a wide gap

We already saw this in his fight with Kurenai. He punched hard enough to damage his fist on the Kurenai Dragoon since it had anti-ether coating or some shit to negate the power of his Ether Gear.
Iirc he damaged his hand pretty badly and the mere fact that there had to be anti-coating either shows that she needed to be defeated with ether meaning that there is quite the gap for physicals and ether power

EDIT: unless Shiki actually defeated her with no ether

You have for prove that they are though not assuming they aren’t
We literally gave proof for that, now it's on you to prove otherwise. You haven't proven otherwise so far.
Iirc he damaged his hand pretty badly and the mere fact that there had to be anti-coating either shows that she needed to be defeated with ether meaning that there is quite the gap for physicals and ether power

EDIT: unless Shiki actually defeated her with no ether
"Shows that she needed to be defeated with Ether" If anything, that's quite the opposite. An Anti-Ether Coating means she needed to be defeated without Ether, otherwise the bot would negate it with that coating.

Blackjean you're the only one who disagree with this so can you stop now, both Clover and the others proved their reasons

Shows that she needed to be defeated with Ether" If anything, that's quite the opposite. An Anti-Ether Coating means she needed to be defeated without Ether, otherwise the bot would negate it with that coating.
Yes that the thing. It shows that ether is what can defeat her so making that coating is what can protect her which then proves that there can be a gap between those 2

so if I was 100% right but everyone else still said no then the system failed us
except than this time you're not in the right,

okay lets stop before we will begin to insult each other, that's the last thing i want to happen, i don't want to make enemies here,

so sorry about before

except than this time you're not in the right,

okay lets stop before we will begin to insult each other, that's the last thing i want to happen, i don't want to make enemies here,

so sorry about before
???
I honestly didn’t think u was trying if that sort lol so it’s fine really

Rebecca's physicals can notably damage and take attacks from No Ether Gear Base Shiki

No Ether Gear Base Shiki can take hits from Callum's Ether Gear

Ether Gear Base Shiki and Callum Ether Gear can stale mate each other

Like it just makes sense for Rebecca with her Ether Gear to backscale from Ether Gear Base Shiki. And we know Rebecca is narratively everyone is above Rebecca's physicals. Lyra was gonna hurt Rebecca with her Cards, Lyra can take her own Card attacks, Kleene can fight and damage Lyra, Kleene and Lyra aren't notably stronger than other Oceans member, Callum is an Oceans Member and can fight Ether Gear Base Shiki. Everyone's Base Forms were comparable before Xenolith's Training and they all basically received the same kind and amount of training.

It feels consistent for them to backscale at least in my mind. I know this is sort of a "It just makes sense" scaling, but this is just how I interpret the scaling we have.

How does everyone feel about the 5-B stuff?

Rebecca's physicals can notably damage and take attacks from No Ether Gear Base Shiki

Like it just makes sense for Rebecca with her Ether Gear to backscale from Ether Gear Base Shiki. And we know Rebecca is narratively everyone is above Rebecca's physicals. Lyra was gonna hurt Rebecca with her Cards, Lyra can take her own Card attacks, Kleene can fight and damage Lyra, Kleene and Lyra aren't notably stronger than other Oceans member, Callum is an Oceans Member and can fight Ether Gear Base Shiki. Everyone's Base Forms were comparable before Xenolith's Training and they all basically received the same kind and amount of training.

It feels consistent for them to backscale at least in my mind. I know this is sort of a "It just makes sense" scaling, but this is just how I interpret the scaling we have.
Agree with all of this, great job as per usual
I agree with all of it except Rebecca and Happy, as they left no lasting damage on Clown and he quickly recovered from all their "attacks".

"Possibly 5-B" would be the only way I'd accept 5-B.

Rest is good tho, Homura and Weisz FTW

agree with all of this,

but why Weisz and Homura would only be 100 gigatons? instead of scaling to Shiki or at least Jinn?

I agree with all of it except Rebecca and Happy, as they left no lasting damage on Clown and he quickly recovered from all their "attacks".

"Possibly 5-B" would be the only way I'd accept 5-B.

Rest is good tho, Homura and Weisz FTW
Mitch said Rebecca and Happy would be possibly 5-B

All looks good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back