• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edelgard Vs Claude

you said dimitri vs edelgard was an incon. so im asking if she can hurt IO how was it an incon.

What does her hurting the IO have to do with anything? Besides, I'm not even the one who decided it's an incon, just telling you the result.

i just thought her hurting IO would prove she hits harder and since dimitri never fought something as strong as IO she would win

Just because they've never displayed a stronger feat doesn't necessarily mean that they are weaker. In terms of brute strength, Dimitri probably has a pretty big advantage as shown plenty of times in cutscenes, and story. I mean the dude accidentally breaks a pair of scissors on accident, and constantly has to repair/replace his weapons because they break constantly.

i would agree but dimitri needed help from byleth fighting someone much weaker then the IO. and edelgard kinda just kills him in her own route

I mean Dimitri was also fighting the Imperial army, and TWSITD. It wasn't just a 1v1 between him and Edelgard. Also, Dimitri won against her in AM during Gronder Field so you could say the same there.

i believe its safe to say that byleth went on to fight seiros and edelgard went on to fight dimitri. and i mean..we see no one there when el killed him. we can also say edelgard was fighting the crestroid church soldiers and dimitris troops.

and with the AM battle of gronder claudes army was there too. it was a free for all if i remember correctly. or it was dimitris and claudes troops working together. and edelgard actually killed dimitri

All of this probably happened because of plot. One lord beats the other in some shape or form at least once, just depends who's side Byleth is on. It doesn't change the fact that Dimitri has been shown to be physically the strongest of the three lords in brute strength.

Once again, I don't want to derail this thread into Edelgard vs DImitri so i will stop here.

There's too much debate on who's canonically stronger, Dimitri or Edelgard but I will say Dimitri is a lot more upfront about his strength where as Edelgard wants to hide her true strength. But most routes do potray them as being fairly equal. Claude on the other hand is clearly the weakest of the three Lords physically. And it's fitting to the story given their fighting styles; Edelgard and Dimitri are both front line one person armies where as Claude prefers to hide in terrain and snipe from a distance. Though it is his brains that more than make up for his lack of bulk compared to the other two. Plus, with or without Byleth's involvement, the plot was that Edelgard and Dimitri are the two with sibling rivals who are constantly training to take each other out where as Claude's kind of trying to avoid the heat of the real epic battle and is mostly interested in seeking knowledge/truth rather than vengeance or world revolution respectively.

For the record, my whole vote is based on Claude being mountless.

Mounted Claude is another complete story.

Well in that case edelgard wouldn't have a shield here, which makes blocking attacks almost out of the question.

Anyways,they are in their canon classes so claude would have his wyvern and Edelgard has her shield.

You know, making a character whose entire shtick is being a "Master Tactician" blood-lusted kind of defeats the purpose...

Anyway, Edelgard matches many of Claude's hax. Her Seal Attack and Seal Magic match his Seal Defense, while his Silence and Hexlock Shield all no-sell Edelgard's canonically more potent magic. Edel's Grounder's effective damage is negated by Aurora Shield. Edelgard's Sword of Seiros matches Claude's Sword of Belgata (and outright surpasses it if she deals damage to him in the exchange), and Pavise no-sells Claude's close-range sword attacks if he's suicidal enough to get in close. They're also pretty even in healing options.

Again, just like with Nemesis, if Claude rushes Edelgard in close-combat, he gets rekt since that's her bread-and-butter and she likely breaks him like a Kit-Kat bar. Both Claude and Edelgard are bloodlusted, but that doesn't make them idiotic. It really just means that, if they can abuse their winning move, they will do so without suffering from PIS (otherwise Claude gg's by telling Edelgard there's a rat in her armor). And Claude's best moves are not close-ranged, but long-ranged.

Edelgard has Counterattack, but it makes it so she can only attack after Claude does, so he will always have the battle-momentum if she tries to abuse that. She has her Tomahawk, sure, but throwing a Tomahawk basically removes her chances of using Aymr's Raging Storm for her to try to migitate their distance (and Claude's Curved Shot, Fallen Star, and Wind God also outrage that). And if she really started to get close, he can go for Encloser to immobilize her momentarily.

Meanwhile, Claude has Failnaught's Fallen Star, which he will likely abuse from the get-go since, honestly, its dodge hax is pretty broken. Even if it runs out of uses, he also has other high-damage skills. Using Fallen Star, Wind God, and Curved Shot ensure Edelgard never gets to use her best, and close-ranged, moves all while doing considerable damage to Edel. His wyvern makes him have MUCH better mobility, speed, and accuracy (Edel does have accuracy hax skills to mitigate her low accuracy axe skills but even then Claude is much faster and has skills to dodge as well). Silence and Hexlock Shield cripple Edel's attempts to capitalize on Claude's paper-thin Resistance with her magical girl power.

EDIT: If we consider that Claude cannot use magic for whatever reason, then if he gets hit by a Resistance-negating Luna (which can bypass Hexlock Shield) or a powerful Hades attack (which does not, but it's pretty powerful nonetheless), then he's likely getting nuked. It's a valid win-con for Edel. And yet, it only has 1-2 range while some of Claude's best attacks can go up to 5. Gameplay mechanics aside, it's a clear indication that he can outrange her best magical attacks and she'd have to rely on getting close/work with Counterattack. And that's not considering Fallen Star's dodge hax, which would be troublesome for Edel to deal with.

Simply put, Claude's options to take down Edelgard are simply better by virtue of his aces all being long-ranged whereas Edelgard's best options are either close-ranged (since she is SilencedÔäó) or not ranged enough. It is just hard to believe using Counterattack the entire fight will do anything but delay the inevitable. She does have win-cons, but in most instances Claude's win-cons are simply more reliable.

tl;dr voting Claude

So what im getting from this thread is that no one knows how the god tiers scale to each other... great.

Thats a bold assumption.

Sothis is the Goddess of Fodlan.

Byleth fused with Sothis, and can fight the IO, Hegemon Edelgard, and Nemesis

Seiros killed Nemesis when he was alive.

IO has fought Edelgard, Byleth, and tanked the JoL.

Saint Indech/Macuil can fight Sothis-Fused Byleth and should be comparable to IO.

Nemesis can overpower both Claude and Sothis-Fused Byleth. Also killed all the Nabateans except for the saints, and the apostles.

Claude can seriously injure Nemesis, and contend with the other lords.

Dimitri fought Hegemon Edelgard, and contend with the other lords.

Edelgard can go Hegemon Husk, help kill the IO, and contend with the other lords.

Death Knight has fought Sothis-Fused Byleth on multiple occasions.

Thales can summon JoL, and harm Sothis-Fused Byleth.

maybe she can dodge/deflect the arrows until he runs out? she should have the strength and reaction time to do so

Claude is much faster and has higher dexterity, so his arrows likely won't miss. As was said already, the arrows penetrated straight throught Nemesis with no issue. Plus, Fallen Star still activates even if it does no damage. Also, I doubt a mundane shield would last long against a Hero's Relic spamming its special ability. Finally, since Edelgard won't be able to get into melee range, she won't be able to use Raging Storm at all. Claude's flight allows him to almost completely control the flow of the battle. Edelgard won't be able to attack him unless it's a counterattack he expects.

off topic. im prolly gonna make a thread about this but is byleth cutting through the dimension really spatial manipulation? i mean..he MC escapes from there by using force, and even the gameplay shows you how you became stronger since the sword of the creator awakens it's full power and becomes STRONGER

Yes, cutting through dimensions or slicing to make portals is spatial dimension; it's a really cut and dry thing around here for that to be spatial manipulation.

Yes, it he does get stronger, but raw AP alone isn't something like cutting through dimensions; that's a hax ability.

The closest thing to AP we see in that cutscene is them "lightning up an entire world" which would be a 4-B feat. But that is a heavy outlier.

It's simply not possible to cut a portal through space through strength alone.

I think its

Claude: 6 (dragonmasterxyz, Rtxthegamer, Schnee One, Chamesthehero, PuasLuisZX, FDrybob)

Edelgard: 1? (PaChi2)

Incon: 1 (DarkDragonMedeus)

Back