• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edelgard Vs Claude

I mean if normal Edelgard and Dimitri resulted in an incon, then I say that Hegemon Edelgard wins. Edelgard arguably has all advantages against Dimitri. (AP, Mobility, Hax, Durability, etc.)

did dimitri beat hegemon el by himself? i heard a theory of this going around because in the cutcene it shows dimitri in front of her and byleth far away

No Might said:
did dimitri beat hegemon el by himself? i heard a theory of this going around because in the cutcene it shows dimitri in front of her and byleth far away
byleth definitely helped dimitri.

Pretty sure the two together took down Hegemon Edelgard. The positioning doesn't really matter when you consider the fact that the two had their weapons drawn.

If Dimitri by himself did it, then it's definitely via PIS

Yeah, it's heavily implied Dimitri has help from Byleth.

maybe i should restrict demon... how comparable is edelgard to byleth

or dimitri to byleth

Both of them are almost as strong as Byleth, although inferior overall.

interesting. some of my friends say byleth could have just walked up the stairs in that scene but i dont know about that

The cutscene shows Byleth and Dimitri fighting side by side, so 2 v 1 is the most logical likelihood of how the fight went.

I frankly doubt Dimitri can solo an entire room + a Monster Edelgard by himself. gameplay wise though sure why not

I mean we can see Dimitri fighting base Edelgard (gronder field, tailean plains) which means they are both comparable to each other. If Edelgard gains a massive power boost then it goes without saying that Edelgard is stronger than Dimitri.

I doubt Byleth would just let Dimitri face Edelgard by himself, and in the cutscene both had their weapons drawn. Byleth didn't just show up midway through the cutscene.

Except for the fact that Edelgard literally has every advantage other than speed (when Dimitri is injured) and range (due to counterattack).

Edelgard has plenty of hax compared to Dimitri, has better mobility, an AP advantage, and is much more Durable than Dimitri. Her losing Amyr doesn't mean too much if she is stronger regardless.

Also, Dimitri only got Areadbhar a few months back. Just because he has been using a lance for years doesn't necessarily mean that he automatically can use Areadbhar to its fullest power. This is shown in one of Felix's questions where he questions whether or not he should stick with a familiar sword or switch to a better, but unfamiliar one.

Since both are bloodlusted, what stops Edelgard from spamming Wilted Flower?

There's no exact number, but its a pretty decent amount considering the fact that she can fight both Sothis-Fused Byleth and Dimitri at once.

A little less than both byleth and dimitri combined. Considering byleth is the stronger link, she should be well above dimitri

kinda weird how there isnt more confirmation of dimitri needing byleths help. i will admit the cutcsene does make it look like he did it on his own

Seeing how there is a quote for her when she fights Byleth, its safe to assume she also fights Byleth alongside Dimitri.

Also, keep in mind that back when Edelgard was simply the Flame Emperor, she feared Byleth but not Dimitri. And she also has a better Crest in canon.

does anything even prove the crest of flames is the strongest crest aside from it beig rare?

Also, using gameplay stuff is kind of fallacious as even underdog characters like Ignatz could technically solo all chapter maps if your RNG was broken or something. Plus, I can counter that by saying it's possible for Edelgard to beat both Seiros and Dimitri single handedly in the Crimson Flower Route. And was canonically the one who slays Dimitri anyway.

Uh, no, its not a headcanon. As I have already said, we can clearly see in the cutscene just Dimitri and Byleth close behind defeat Hegemon Edelgard. We don't see Byleth come rushing in after Dimitri beats Edelgard leading to the safe assumption that Byleth also helped. Base Edelgard canonically also beat Dimitri, so what's your point?

Yea, exactly what Medeus said here.

Uh, then what was the point of your argument??

Hegemon Edelgard not moving is purely game mechanics.

No Might said:
does anything even prove the crest of flames is the strongest crest aside from it beig rare?
It is Sothis' crest, and there is no reason that other crests should be superior when Sothis is the one that created them.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, using gameplay stuff is kind of fallacious as even underdog characters like Ignatz could technically solo all chapter maps if your RNG was broken or something. Plus, I can counter that by saying it's possible for Edelgard to beat both Seiros and Dimitri single handedly in the Crimson Flower Route. And was canonically the one who slays Dimitri anyway.
her beating serios singlehandedly is a reach. nothing really proves that. hell when you beat her she says she lost to the theif

PaChi seemed pretty upset about the debate, or at least didn't want to get involved.

Not really. If Edelgard and Byleth together can take on the immaculate one, (who is far stronger than Seiros) it's not too much of a stretch to say that Edelgard can best Seiros.

Byleth is probably superior to Seiros too, and since Edelgard is comparable, they should scale to Seiros.

anyways, let's move on because this is irrelevant to the thread.

alright. so this fight really rides on wether we should believe dimitri beat demon edel by himself.

another thing that can go into thought is what the crest of flames actually does for her story wise?

also if we think if dimitri can fight CF IO like edelgard did. can he scale that high?

Even if he did, it's honestly just PIS. As i have said, Edelgard holds literally every single advantage except for maybe speed (since Dimitri has vantage) and range (since both have counterattack). Even then, Dimitri would have to defeat Edelgard several times since she is a monster.

I mean it makes her very strong, thats for sure.

not quite sure what you mean by that.

Edelgard can also learn Vantage, so speed is technically pretty equal. And they both have Range counter as bosses, so range is also equal. And yeah, Byleth definitely supported Dimitri throughout the fight in canon.

Yeah, all Vs thread additions are halted till after the Forum move.

Either way, this essentially the last thread where Dimitri vs Edelgard resulted in an incon. This is just Hegemon Edelgard vs Dimitri, which is somewhat of a mismatch imo.

Back