• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earth-Quaking, But Literally

Yeah I agree with that replacement.

Even though some can't travel through the core, they wouldn't just travel around the circumference of the Earth, they just wouldn't end up on the other side in any meaningful amounts.

bump.

does DT approve every single calc on that page? the man's activity here is sporadic cuz he's busy a lot, relying on him for literally anything to go anywhere is not a good thing

this is a simple change of "the math is correct but one of the assumptions is wrong - here's a version with a corrected assumption"

This was brought up last time by ByAsura

Which DT tackled
The earthquake formulas take curvature into account, which is why we use half the circumference, which is why he said the calc is fine as it is.

This was brought up last time by ByAsura

Which DT tackled
The earthquake formulas take curvature into account, which is why we use half the circumference, which is why he said the calc is fine as it is.
in that case
all i'd like is a note on the earthquake calcs page stating explicitly that the distance formulas take curvature into account so this doesn't happen a third time at some point in the future

in that case
all i'd like is a note on the earthquake calcs page stating explicitly that the distance formulas take curvature into account so this doesn't happen a third time at some point in the future
I'd be fine with that then, although I'm not a cgm so don't consider my vote

I’m also fine with adding a note to the Earthquake calcs page that the formula takes curvature into account.

Sure, yeah, add the note. I can do so now. How's this?

"Take heed that the formula here takes the Earth's curvature into account, hence, the distance used is half the circumference of the Earth, and not its radius"

This good?

I'd wanna put a note on the Earthquake Calcs page, not the References for Common Feats page, since I could imagine people getting confused and measuring direct distance if the series makes it easy for them to get that (like a shot from space).

Something like "Note that the radius here is the distance from the source along the circumference of the planet. Straight lines cutting through a planet's mantle should not be used."

Something like "Note that the radius here is the distance from the source along the circumference of the planet. Straight lines cutting through a planet's mantle should not be used."
belated as all hell but something like this should work.

Back