• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dying Light Discussion Thread

Looks alright.

Don't these guys end up throwing up their stomach after to many spit attacks and need to swallow it back? Other than that it looks alright.

Looks alright.

Remember that Striking Strength goes above Lifting Strength for the profile format.
And the volatile draft? I almost forgot about that one

Alright, time for another profile

Summary

Volatiles are one of the most dangerous infected in Harran. Their exceptional speed, strength, and numbers makes the night a hostile environment for any survivors unlucky enough to be caught outside. They multiply in large nests in dark places, crawling out only when the sun is down. Their entire existence has modified the culture of the survivors, giving them a deathly fear of the night and forcing them to create UV-based traps and weapons.

Powers and Stats

Tier : At least 9-B

Name : Unknown

Origin : Dying Light

Classification : Zombie

Default : Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Acid Manipulation (Via spit attack), Enhanced Senses (Able to hear gunfire, explosions, and the screech of other volatiles from large distances), Acrobatics (Capable of climbing and jumping over simple obstacles), Natural Weaponry, Immortality (Type 7), and Resistance to Camouflage (Blue Volatiles are able to see through Kyle Crane's camouflage)

Attack Potency : Wall Level (Able to kill Kyle Crane in a few hits)

Speed : Peak Human (Able to keep up with Kyle Crane)

Lifting Strength : Athletic Human, possibly higher (Capable of pinning down Kyle Crane)

Stamina : Limitless (Can constantly attack and run without tiring)

Durability : Wall Level (Able to survive multiple gunshot wounds)

Range : Standard Melee, Several Meters with acid attack

Striking Strength : Wall Class

Standard Equipment : None notable

Intelligence : Animalistic

Weaknesses : They are extremely frightened by UV lights whether it be artificial or natural. Can be distracted by a constant source of noise as long as their enemy is not in their line of sight

Notable Attacks/Techniques:
  • Leap - The Volatile leaps at their target and pins them on the ground while biting them repeatedly
  • Spit Attack - When their target is out of range, they will begin spitting acid
You should change the Acrobatics justification to (Can keep up with runners across various terrain, who are shown to be experienced in parkour)

Other than that it seems fine.

I think I'll make it and change the acrobatics justification for Virals and Night Walkers tomorrow

For now, I have done these two

Question, all the zombies are listed as having limitless stamina, but iirc being undead isn't considered a justification for limitless stamina, right?

Question, all the zombies are listed as having limitless stamina, but iirc being undead isn't considered a justification for limitless stamina, right?
I mean, they do all demonstrate it by never showing physical exhaustion at any point in the game. This is compared to Kyle who can get exhausted after attacking or running a certain amount of time

And it is done

Last is the Toad's page and last few edits

And it is done

Also I added an optional equipment section for Kyle Crane's page so that I can be specific with his equipment

Crane and everyone who scales to him should have at least superhuman reactions and combat speed, he is easily able to dodge throwing knives and Shurikens at close range, which should yield this result. He also scales to Rais’s men who are able to swat them out of the air at close range.

Also, not sure if this was already discussed, but he should have subsonic to supersonic+ with firearms.

Crane and everyone who scales to him should have at least superhuman reactions and combat speed, he is easily able to dodge throwing knives and Shurikens at close range, which should yield this result. He also scales to Rais’s men who are able to swat them out of the air at close range.

Also, not sure if this was already discussed, but he should have subsonic to supersonic+ with firearms.
Technically it would subsonic due to him being able to throw and dodge throwing weapons though this shouldn't applied to enemies who don't dodge like Goons, Demolishers, Toads, and Biters

throwing knives have an average throwing speed of 11.623 m/s to 13.4112 m/s. Considering that they can do it at very close range, it should give them at least superhuman reaction and combat speed.

throwing knives have an average throwing speed of 11.623 m/s to 13.4112 m/s. Considering that they can do it at very close range, it should give them at least superhuman reaction and combat speed.
Alright, I'll deal with that. Also Volatiles and Virals are unique since they are able to dodge crossbow bolts which should keep them in Subsonic

I mean if that is the case shouldn’t we just have Crane and all the people who scaled to him be subsonic, iirc he can easily keep up with both of those infected in a fight.

Edit: unfortunately I can’t make edits to profiles yet, but could you add bows to the firearms list so it would look like ‘Subsonic to Supersonic+ with firearms and bows’

EditEdit: actually scratch that, changed it to Superhuman to Supersonic+ with firearms, bows and throwing knives/shurikens, and erase the attack speed that is with his reactions, We already have all of that at the bottom. Also put his reactions before the grappling hook speed, as it just looks better.

Last edited:
The Toad’s AP should be unknown, it’s never shown to physically attack anybody and it’s only attack we see it use ignores durability.

Is anyone working on Aiden now?
No not really. If you have any approved feats, I might be able to start working on profiles. But for now, I'm also waiting for the Dying Light wiki to catch up so that I can make sure I don't miss out on any haxes or attacks

No not really. If you have any approved feats, I might be able to start working on profiles. But for now, I'm also waiting for the Dying Light wiki to catch up so that I can make sure I don't miss out on any haxes or attacks
Not yet. As a baseline, Aiden seems capable of the same vague feats as Crane like throwing people around, crushing skulls, dodging volatiles.

I'm not even finished with the game myself, keep getting distracted by side-quests and also busy with other stuff.
I was just wondering if other people speedran it and started making calcs already.

I just finished the game.

Aiden near the end gets strong enough to no-sell and also one-shot volatiles, which I believe puts him even above the Night-Hunter who was just vaguely superior.
There's also some things to calc revolving around the Waltz fight I believe, he does a lot of environmental destruction stuff.

Back