• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DXD Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I didn't know that a fictional lighting can be considered as a real lighting as long as it has shown some lighting characteristics

Proofs lighting(not just Akeno and Barakiel's) in Dxd-verse = real lighting

1)It conducts through a conducting material, it also affects muscle and could even cause paralysis.

"Barakiel-san's entire body was clad in lightning! It was an unimaginable aura! —I hadn't seen this kind of power even in the battle against Loki! I-Is it because of his daughter that his wrath and jealously towards me has arisen!? Clad in lightning, Barakiel-san charged directly towards me! Even if I was able to/dodge his fist, the shock of the lightning would be transmitted to me through my armour. My entire body would be paralysed by it! It'd be bad if I was hit by a direct attack! After all, light is a deadly poison for Devils! Barakiel-san's power of light combined with lightning — it would be dangerous if I was hit by that lightning! I began to retort as I countered his attacks." From volume 22 life 5.

"SPARKLE! SPARKLE! And another sword. In his other hand, he has a holy-demonic sword covered with electricity… A holy-sword of lightning! So he's planning to use that to electrify me inside my armour!" From volume 7 life 2

• note that Issei was in CC and BB form and that both CC and BB armor was made by some sort of metal. Proof:
"I heard the sound of metals colliding. Kiba made the pommel of his sword strike like a bowling ball, and he smacked my helmet from the side." From volume 7 life 2

2) In LN Akeno needs a cloud in order to manipulate lighting (she can create a cloud tho)

"Akeno-san puts her hands towards the sky. FLASH! ''Next instant, the sky sparkles, and a lightning bolt strikes dow the monster." From volume 1 life 2

"When Akeno-san creates a dark cloud to the sky using her demonic powers, she strikes down a high density holy-lightning towards her opponent!" From volume 10 life 4.

Feats of the character reacting to the lighting:

Issei in BB from reacting to Barakiel's lighting

"Just while I was thinking about that, a sudden flash of light appeared in my field of view! I quickly evaded, and although I had avoided my opponent's attack…. But that just now was — lightning! I looked towards the person who had attacked me — it was Barakiel-san!" From volume 22 life 5

So basically anyone who is as fast or faster then BB Issei scale to this. For further informatio

Okay. I think that this seems reasonable, but would prefer more community input.

Speaking of Dulio, he was stated that he could manipulate the weather of entire country, so is it possible to get a calculation of it?

Well, wouldn't the size of the country be taken into consideration? Iirc, in that same paragraph he was also stated to be capable of producing enough bubbles to cover Japan, so Japan should probably be used.

If that can't be calculated, then probably Lavinia encasing a small country in ice.

Probably BoS Akeno would have it for attack speed only. But Yubelluna fought against her and should have reacted to her lightning, so it might apply to her overall speed.

What specific changes do you wish to apply? I also think that it seems to be real lightning, but we still need some kind of calculation that approximates the speed from the distance to the avoided discharges.

Anyone in Dxd verse who is as fast or faster than BB Issei should be put at MHS+ because of his feat of dodging Barakiel's lighting in a relatively close range.As for the calculation, unfortunately, the scan doesn't really give us much to work on.

Lightning has an average speed of roughly Mach 1283. MHS+ is Mach 1000 to 8810.

Dodging it even from a few meters away is just MHS.

I just did the calculation for Issei when he dodge Barakiel's lightning using 1 and 10 meter value, an the result is also MHS.

Well that puts anyone around BB Issei to satan level character to MHS, god level to MHS possibly MHS+ and super devil and heavenly dragon to MHS+. Is it good enough?

Well one of Sairaorg's Knights reacted to Kiba's thunder from the sky in melee range and it was mentioned that he used his lance as a lightning rod and immediately got rid of it. But I dunno if thunder moves at the same speed as lightning or if it was lightning or thunder Kiba flashed from the sky.

@GoodDaySir

Maybe "At least MHS" would work?

@Burning Full Fingers

Thunder is the sound produced by lightning. Lightning rods do not work on it.

Well, somebody has to write proper explanation/justification texts for the profile statistics as well.

Would the upgrade apply to BoS Akeno, Yubelluna and the rest? If so, it would be MHS for her normally, and MHS+ attack speed. If not, it would apply to Post Volume 4 BB Issei and the rest comparable or superior to him, and only BoS Akeno's attack speed will be upgraded.

If it applies to Akeno, how about it being somewhat like this:

Yubelluna: Massively Hypersonic (Reacted to Akeno's lightning which is mainly cloud to ground or from the sky itself and has displayed properties of real lightning like electrifying and paralyzing the opponent [like what happened to the stray devil they eliminated in Volume 1])

Akeno: Massively Hypersonic (Kept up with Yubelluna who reacted to her lightning) with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed (She regularly uses lightning bolts from clouds or the sky which has displayed properties of real lightning like electrifying the opponent)

Rias: Massively Hypersonic (At least comparable to Akeno)

And so on for the scaling.

If it's for Baraqiel:

Issei: Massively Hypersonic (Reacted to and dodged Baraqiel's lightning from close range)

Baraqiel: Massively Hypersonic (Kept up with Issei who could react to and dodge his lightning which possesses similar properties to lightning like conducting through metal and electrifying or paralysing the opponent. His mastery over lightning should be far superior to his daughter Akeno's who has used lightning bolts from clouds and the sky since the beginning of the series) with Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed (His mastery over lightning is far superior to Akeno's)

That should probably be fine, except that you forgot the word "attack" for Akeno.

Well if it's beginning of series I honestly don't know, the best speed feat for BoS(Volume 1) coming from Kiba who is able to dodge bullets later on in volume 2 Issei is able to keep up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back