• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durge vs Infinite..... Yes this is happening.

So yeah...... Probably the strangest match you'll come across....

- High 6-A forms

- BFR isn't allowed for good reasons.

- Takes place in NYC(New York City)

- No preparations

- Speed is Equalized(Both scale to FTL anyway)

Durge : 2

Infinite : 0

Inconclusive: 0

Durge
Durge

Battle Music
Infinite-antagonist-sonic-forces-7.5
Infinite

I'm gonna have to go with Infinite here. Durge, based upon his profile, only seems to have physical attacks, insane regen, and that's it. Infinite tends to play keep away when facing his opponents, which is actually rather key here, for Durge will have difficulty reaching him, especially as Infinite isn't the type to simply get near an opponent who's stronger or a better fighter than him. Durge doesn't have any counter to Infinite's reality warping, which essentially renders his physical attacks null, leaving Infinite free to BFR him.

Going with Infinite here.

Infinite's BFR is easily escapeable, it will only give Durge time to regenerate.

I wouldn't say easily. In sonic forces it took two characters with high speed in order to escape it. As speed is equalized here, Durge will not simply be able to 'double burst' his way out of it. Especially as, unlike sonic, whose speed is vastly superior to Durge's anyhow, Durge has no one to help him get out. After spending a week in there, Infinite will be granted the win.

There's also the point of his reality warping, as Durge appears to have no true hax of his own other than his Regenerationn. At the very least, Infinite's reality warping would make it inconclusive potentially, as Infinite might not have the means to put Durge down permanently, but Durge won't even be able to land a hit on Infinite.

However, I will stand by my point of BFR being Infinite's primary and most viable option for taking this.

Either one could have escaped alone, speed equalized means that he is as fast as Infinite. Even without that Surge is FTL so it would take him how much? twice as long as Sonic? Infinite's BFR is just useless.

>At the very least, Infinite's reality warping would make it inconclusive potentially, as Infinite might not have the means to put Durge down permanently, but Durge won't even be able to land a hit on Infinite.

This is a big overration of his capabilities.

Not really. During that very same stage showcasing Infinite's BFR, the avatar was caught in Infinite's reality warping, and could only see Infinite when Infinite chose to see him. For it to be able to fool Sonic, a character with rather extreme speed, and far faster than Durge, to the point where he could defeat him multiple times, should speak for itself. Durge won't even be able to identify where Infinite is, let alone up from down. It's not an overestimation but, rather, a restating for fact. He changed the reality of the entire level with ease, and would do the same to Durge. If Durge can't even tell up from down, then it would be practically impossible for him to score a hit on Infinite.

His BFR isn't as useless as it appears. Immense speed on the level of sonic is required to escape. Higher, actually, as it required the double boost technique. Sonice is FTL, Durge, based upon his profile, is relativistic with FTL reactions, which is not what's needed here.FTL travel speed is what is needed, which he lacks. Speed equalized means that speed is equated to the character with the lowest speed, which is Durge in this case. So now, he would not be able to escape the BFR, for he simply doesn't have the speed to do so.

If Sonic and the avatar were each able to escape on their own, then there would have been no need for the double boost technique to augment their speed. Using it would have been a pointless waste of energy.

>Speed equalized means that speed is equated to the character with the lowest speed

In all my experience on this page this has never been the case.

The double boost is still just FTL, nothing special really.

My response to all the "Durge would not be able to" is "Other characters were able to", assume that his abilities are more dangerous than what they have shown to be is wrong.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that Durge does not have the speed to get out of it. While the double boost is a higher magnitude of FTL, Durge isn't FTL, or even LS. He doesn't have the speed to escape.

What would your definition of speed equalized be? Just curious.

As far as, the "other characters were able to" they weren't. Sonic was defeated when he fought Infinite (twice I believe), and the only reason he stood a chance, was becaue the avatar greatly weakened him. All of the other characters were having difficulty dealing with all the other clones he had created of Sonic's past enemies, let alone Infinite himself. The only one who actually put up a fight against an un-weakened Infinite, was the avatar because he also possessed a piece of the ruby, something Durge doesn't possess.

Also, I said reality warping above. I meant Illusion creation. My mistake.

>What would your definition of speed equalized be? Just curious.

Read my comments.

Going for Durge since Infinite would heavily struggle to bypass High-Mid regen and has extensive experience against opponents capable of using illusions. Since BFR is restricted this just makes defending Infinite more impossible.

Dziga said:
Going for Durge since Infinite would heavily struggle to bypass High-Mid regen and has extensive experience against opponents capable of using illusions. Since BFR is restricted this just makes defending Infinite more impossible.
If it's getting to stomp territory. BFR will be allowed. But ONLY if it moves towards stomp territory.

I mean, if BFR isn't allowed, then there's nothing Infinite can do to bypass Durge's regen. That little sun thing he did never showed itself to be capable of vaporizing anything. I'm not sure the type of illusions Durge has faced, and whether or not they're on par, or superior to Infinte, but every bit of experience helps. Even though Infinite has a decent diversity of powers, he still has no way to bypass that regen, other than BFR.

With BFR restricted, I'll change my vote to Durge.

@Eficiente

I am simply asking for clarity. No need for rudeness. If you would not like to provide an explicit answer then that is fine.

I wouldn't say it's a stomp with BFR restricted, but battle would be much more close if it's allowed. Thought if it leads to pointless toxicity like the discussion above, I wouldn't recommend allowing it.

Shadood said:
infinite, he drops a sun on him+ he doesnt have the phantom ruby to negate infinite's real illusions
How tf can he drop a Sun on someone if he's only Class 10 in lifting strength?

Infinite does not throw it phisically nor with telekinesis, that mini-sun is an illusion, which was going to affect the perception of everyone except Eggman, and the other illusions.

"I wouldn't say easily. In sonic forces it took two characters with high speed in order to escape it."

They literally just escaped by running really fast. It's not that impressive.

Also, Infinite's reality warping is really just glorified illusions-that-aren't-even-illusions-because-they-cause-actual-damage. He can't blink Durge out of existence or anything.

My apologies. I thought that escaping his BFR required a certain amount of speed (hence them double bursting to escape it rather than running on their own). Since Durge lacked such speed I didn't believe he would be able to escape it.

Durge. Infinite is the biggest jobber in media; I think Fred Spooker is less of a jobber and he died to a chair.

I might have to go inconclusive because even though infinite can't pass surges Regenerationn he want be able to hurt infinite do to infinite having a higher durability.

I'm not seeing how either party wins this considering durge can't hurt infinite and infinite can't bypass durge Regenerationn.

Because infinite is 500 petatons while durge is 24 petatons but infinite can't kill durge either because of his Regenerationn.

Back