• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Composite Adventurer blog needs some update to the Immortal keys and some AP link updates.

Also I got the class generic epic destinies forgot to add that to the list. But one thing I forgot about When it come to the races being used. it is just the base core races with no sub races, right?

Core races to limit possible cheese. That or we use that one race from Darksun that's basically all of the core races in one.

CA isn't happening, remember? The sub races if we were still using it could essentially be like... maybe a possibly for any abilities they might give? Dunno, but I spose ur doesn't matter anymore

CA isn't but composite character class still is, where such things would apply.

Basically it doesn't work mechanic/scaling wise. Like a level 1 Wizard scales to 9-B while a level 10 would be High 8-C. A 1Wi/1Fi/1Bi/1So/1Ra/1Wa/1Cl/1Dr/1Bard/1Th, despite only having 1 character level in those classes, would be equal to a level 10 Wizard scaling wise.

So it just goes against the mechanics. Composite Class does not though, and Multi-Classing should probably be mentioned.

like the closest thing to what we were doing with CA. is 4e's hybrid system, and multiclass feats. since if you are level 11 you are counted as level 11 in all 3 of the picked classes.

But over all it does not let the player be every class at once.

Yeah that's a form of EE. Honestly 4e reminds me a bit of classic comics where the in-universe WoG would hype something up despite the art in no way backing said hype. Like when Pre-Crisis Superman got hit with the magnetic force of 100 galaxies but all ot did waa send him back like 30 feet.

yeah like lore wise it seems that it is meant to do a lot more then game play effect is. though the on going damage could mean that the EE is slower to fully take effect. like the behonder's death ray takes 3 failed saves to fully kill a player in 4e mechanics.

Interesting. Yeah, that's really stupid standard 4e stuff retroactive EE, so pretty potent even as far as EE goes.

In other words, 4e makes me very sad.

By standard psion stuff you of course mean mindhax, matterhax, deathhax, etc

Nope. This is now just for discussion when discussing needs doing.

No problem. If you ever have questions and I'm not on Discord, this is the next best place to ask.

Good to know. Thank you. Although, given that this is on the Content Revision board & not the General Discussion, nor the Questions and Answers board, I'm surprised it's the case that this thread is "just for discussing when discussing needs doing" & for asking questions about D&D, lol.

DnD is somewhat unique regarding CRTs. Essentially the verse is known enough for CRTs to be done but with a tight enough body of experts that each thread can have discussion and generally come to an agreeable position quickly. Rarely is there controversy and even less so now that a lot of us are on Discord.

So we tend to leave CRTs open as general "This needs answering or changing" threads until another actually needs made (Big updates and what have you). For a lot of stuff it is important in verse but due to the vastness of the verse, it is small on the wiki for the verse as a whole, hemce the use of generally open CRTs.

Mmhmm. No problem.

Back