• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right. I'll get looking into what pages are beings classified as Outsider.

First, Orcus, Malcanthet, Lolth, and Demogorgo all receive Abstract Existence. I'd believe that all of the gods also receive them, but that's a list I'd rather not type out.

Soneillon the Whispering Quee

Dendar

Kezef the Chaos Hound

Ithyak-Ortheel

Not sure about Atropus, since we don't get stats for the moon itself. We get told it comes from the Negative Energy plane but its scions are listed as Undead so probably best to leave it that way also I plan on adding the NPCs listed with stats in the Elder Evils book

Zargo

Acererak (Acererak is a Cambion, meaning he is part demon, who are Outsiders)

Bazim-Gorag the Firebringer

Balor

Empyrea

The Modrons (Note: Modrons are listed as Outsiders in 3rd edition and Constructs in 5th edition, it is my understanding that this is because they're technically both)

Arrowhawk

Hecatoncheires

Infernal

Phane

Dunno if Phaethon is or isn't, I'd assume yes since Abominations possess divine sparks but eh. Same for Atropal, technically it is part of a deity (an Outsider) but the type has been overwritten with Undead.

I'd also like to give the ability to Elementals. I consider them Outsiders as the other denizens of their planes (Arrowhawks, for example) are listed as Outsiders when the Elemental type doesn't take priority. The creatures otherwise fit the bill. They are listed below.

Imix

Ogrémoch

Olhydra

Yan-C-Bi

For Atropus I dunno. Its background has it be a proto-god and it's 4e origin has it be a Primordial.

Qawsedf234 said:
Are the Elemental Princes Outsiders?
If their Elemental archetype didn't overtake their Outsider one. They do come from realms in which other creatures from the plane are Outsiders.

The thing with them is that they're just really powerful Elementals, who are composed of tangible elements rather being living embodiments of an idea. I get giving some Elemental plane guys the trait since they're representation of the concept of that specific element, but the Elemental Princes are just composed of the thing.

That's fair. Like I said, I was unsure for them, since other denizens of the plane are Outsiders.

Yeah. Although in 4e I believe the only rankings are "Demigod, God, Greater God". But 4e Greater Gods still have 2-A feats so it doesn't matter to much.

The last pages that need doing as I am about to go to bed are Hecatoncheires, Phane, Infernal, Lolth (locked), and Atropal. Would've done them myself but lost power due to a storm and lost laptop power.

Bump.

We probably need a bit more input before hard changing Rad and Lumi to just Tier High 1B/1A. Although 3 mods might be enough, but I would like more.

I mean

One sec

I'm honestly fine with the Luminous Being changing to just 1-A (or changing his low end to High 1-B, whatever). No opinion on Rad. Will look at the other stuff when I have time.

We have one Spelljammer profile currently with the sentient star constellation. I'll see if I can find anything else.

officially classifying Mind Flayers as spelljammers since they own spelljammers

I wonder how fast Spelljammers should be. I think they have different speeds depending on if they're inside or outside of a Crystal Sphere. At the very least they should be FTL+.

For travelling between systems and such, yeah. I have them listed at somewhere on FTL on the current profile rewrite, need to read up on tech.

Okay so the average spelljammer ship can travel 4 billion miles in 40 days when in a Crystal Sphere. That's 1,862,666.6667 m/s, mach 5430.515, or MHS+. I'll try to find a Out of Crystal Sphere speed for them.

MHS+. Could be worse.

So as a general thing to go over

• Outsiders being Type 1 Abstract: Accepted
  • Far Realm and Mystara: The High 1-B stuff has been accepted (So Rad will have his last key changed to just High 1-B). The 1-A stuff however has not been really talked about. So as of now Lumi would be "At least High 1-B, likely 1-A" if we keep the rating.
  • 4e Scaling: Decided that non-contradictory displays of power are usable
  • Magic users getting reality warping: Accepted

Anyone who has spoken on that has generally agreed to 1-A Lumi- Azzy, Wok and this Skorge fellow.

Considering that magic is also reality warping, does this mean that anyone who has resistance to magic will also have resistance to Reality Warping?

In practice, yeah. It functionally remains the same though.

Sorta. If they're from the core multiverse yes, but if they aren't then no. Since in Mystara for example magic comes from tapping into higher dimensions rather than controlling the weave. But as Bambu and others said its functionally the same, just expanding on the system a bit.

well there are 2. the first is the at will power Dire radiance which has the user call down starlight from a star in the night sky to attack their enemy,

the other is Delban's Deadly Attention a level 3 power for the warlock where a far realm corrupted star that is in deep space sends an attack in retaliation for hitting the warlock.

Though I did find a few others That could range from FTL to MFLT. Though they are likely outliers at well since the reflex based ones are both level 5.

The 1-A feat is the Luminous Being transcending the Old Ones and the Far Realm being beyond the material multiverse.

Well the main feat we were talking about was 4e haivng level 1 spells that are 9-A which would upgrade level 1-4. But this is not consistent with the other editions.

for speed feats by level 5 they would be at least subsonic. But using a video game's depiction of 4e's call lightning they would be High Hypersonic at max. Until level 11 where the evasion feat would make them Massively Hypersonic

Back