• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dumbest fight of all time (0-7-0) GRACE

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
The Fly is bloodlusted
Speed is equal
Battle takes place on a windowsill
SBA for everything else

Personalized Venus Fly Trap Care: Water, Light, Nutrients | Greg App
Insect Fly Cartoon Images – Browse 109,712 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video  | Adobe Stock

Flytrap:

Fly: (Giannysmag, King_Dom470, Stillwinston, JustANormalLemon, HonestlyBored24, Peppersalt43, koopa3144)

Incon:

Last edited:
Does the fly have prior knowledge of the flytraps ability, cause if yes it could avoid the mouth and the flytrap can't really do anything

Fly can't do anything to harm the flytrap but the flytrap kills it the moment it steps in it's mouth

Voting flytrap
Well it definitely could harm it since its a plant the fly could just try and slowly nibble away at its stem where the fly trap couldn’t really do anything either plus the fly is bloodlusted so it would totally do that.

Counted tho

Well it definitely could harm it since its a plant the fly could just try and slowly nibble away at its stem where the fly trap couldn’t really do anything either plus the fly is bloodlusted so it would totally do that.

Counted tho
Can the fly nibble that fast tho, it's mouth is so small it would probably die of old age before it deals any real damage

I mean I highly doubt it would take 7 whole days to nibble a relatively skinny stem down
After doing some calculations i will change my vote to the fly

A fly eats about 1.7x their body weight in a day, in 7 days that would be 208 miligrams a day, in 30 days (the oldest age for flies) that would be 892 miligrams. The average flytrap weighs 12.5 grams. This means the fly could eat about 1/50 to 1/15 of the flytraps body wieght before dying of old age. It is probably fair to say that poking a hole through the stem of a flytrap requirews eating less than 1/15th it's body weight

After doing some calculations i will change my vote to the fly

A fly eats about 1.7x their body weight in a day, in 7 days that would be 208 miligrams a day, in 30 days (the oldest age for flies) that would be 892 miligrams. The average flytrap weighs 12.5 grams. This means the fly could eat about 1/50 to 1/15 of the flytraps body wieght before dying of old age. It is probably fair to say that poking a hole through the stem of a flytrap requirews eating less than 1/15th it's body weight
Vote counted.

Also voting fly

I mean would prior knowledge even change anything? Its still animalistic even if it can think of how to escape. That said I guess fly fra
Prior knowledge could let it know to stay away from its jaws. But either way its bloodlusted so it's probably not gonna mess around with its jaws anyway

Vote counted

Doesnt Fly stomp? If its bloodlusted it wont care about the food inside the traps mouth so he will just attack it from the outside

If the speed is equal, wouldn't that mean the speed of the fly is immobile?
No, what is equalized is combat speed so the fly subsonic combat speed is going to be equalized to the plant leaves closing speed
its leaves close at Normal Human speeds (Can shut itself in less than a second, faster than insects like Bees can react)
And everything will be reduced by the same multiplier, still a really slow fly lol

Doesnt Fly stomp? If its bloodlusted it wont care about the food inside the traps mouth so he will just attack it from the outside
Bloodlust doesn't necessarily mean it can just ignore the urge to eat sum. Also it's a Venus Fly trap so it should have at least 4 traps. So the fly could mess up and fly too close to one of its traps

Back