• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dumb Underdog fights Smart Underdog (7-0-0) *Grace*

Vasco vs Nagyunn
Rules:
  • Speed equalised.
  • Nagyunn has Astronomic, not his Knight Sword.
  • Post-Timeskip Vasco
  • 48 hours prep time. Both had knowledge about their oponent.
  • Both are in character but willing to kill.
  • Nagyunn AP: Wall Level at most.
  • Vasco AP: 96,127.257 Kilojoules

Nagyunn’s Advantages:
  • MASSIVE intelligence advantage.
  • Weapon Mastery and Pressure Point strikes.
  • Superior Fear Inducement.
  • Illusion Creation.
  • Can block all of Vasco’s attacks with Astronomic’s Physics Manipulation, despite the gap in AP. Vasco can’t use Astronomic even if he manages to snatch it.

Vasco’s Advantages:
  • MASSIVE AP advantage.
  • Better Martial Arts.
  • Better Pain Tolerance.
  • Resistance to Analytical Prediction.
  • Supernatural Willpower

Nagyunn (7): @Second22, @DeltaStriker22, @mastrad1234, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @Ciruno_Fortes_(COB), @akasakelucilfer, @Doggo
Vasco (0):
Inconclusive (0):

Last edited:
I'm inconclusive for now.
Vasco has enough AP to one shot.
But there is nothing stopping Nagyunn from putting Vasco under an illusion and slicing his head off.

Adjusting speed has greatly benefited Nagyunn in terms of speed because he can anticipate attacks that he cannot see coming, unlike Vasco who is not very smart. Therefore, he may be deceived by Nagyunn's illusions or intelligence before being defeated by Astronomic. He will lose in the early stages of the fight. However, if Nagyunn is unable to win the fight from the beginning, it will cost him in terms of stamina. But once the speed is adjusted, I don't think he will lose much stamina like before. This can be compensated for.

Vote Nagyunn

Last edited:
Adjusting speed has greatly benefited Nagyunn in terms of speed because he can anticipate attacks that he cannot see coming, unlike Vasco who is not very smart. Therefore, he may be deceived by Nagyunn's illusions or intelligence before being defeated by Astronomic. If Vasco is unaware of Nagyunn's abilities, he will lose in the early stages of the fight. However, if Nagyunn is unable to win the fight from the beginning, it will cost him in terms of stamina. But once the speed is adjusted, I don't think he will lose much stamina like before. This can be compensated for.

Vote Nagyunn
I don't think Nagyunn would be able to anticipate Vasco's attacks due to his Resistance to Analytical Prediction but I'll still count the vote. I'm leaning towards Nagyunn too due to the hax.

Last edited:
I don't think Nagyunn would be able to anticipate Vasco's attacks due to his Resistance to Analytical Prediction but I'll still count the vote. I'm leaning towards Nagyunn too due to the hax.
That is a technical adjustment. Vasco cannot immediately resist Analytical Prediction, both in analyzing Nagyunn's attacks that have many more feats and differ from Jin Jang's. Nagyunn analyzes the movements of the fighters in real-time, while Jin Jang analyzes the fighting style of Vasco that he has observed for a while. Therefore, he knows where Vasco will attack from the beginning, unlike Nagyunn who can analyze it immediately when Vasco performs a move.

That is a technical adjustment. Vasco cannot immediately resist Analytical Prediction, both in analyzing Nagyunn's attacks that have many more feats and differ from Jin Jang's. Nagyunn analyzes the movements of the fighters in real-time, while Jin Jang analyzes the fighting style of Vasco that he has observed for a while. Therefore, he knows where Vasco will attack from the beginning, unlike Nagyunn who can analyze it immediately when Vasco performs a move.
Makes sense. Changing my vote to Nagyunn.

AP argument makes sense, the fear thing actually might be irrelevant since both seem based on social influencing (I only came to know that Vasco's fear is actually social influence)

But I'll be honest uhhh, if Nagyunn can block any physical attack, this fight might be unfair. How does it work?

AP argument makes sense, the fear thing actually might be irrelevant since both seem based on social influencing (I only came to know that Vasco's fear is actually social influence)
The Fear Inducement of Nagyunn is not just Social Influencing because what happens is clearly beyond natural. The Fear Inducement is at the level of a knight, as shown in the story, with an aura that causes physical movement and difficulty breathing. There is also a gust of wind around the person who perceives the killing intent, making them feel as if they are being pressed down by something very intense, even to the point of vomiting. Nagyunn's aura is described as being at the knight level.
But I'll be honest uhhh, if Nagyunn can block any physical attack, this fight might be unfair. How does it work?
Nagyunn can only block attacks through his own weapons. If Vasco can avoid Nagyunn's weapon and attack him, he can win. However, it is difficult to attack someone who can read movements in advance and create false visual illusions that deceive the enemy's vision.

The Fear Inducement of Nagyunn is not just Social Influencing because what happens is clearly beyond natural. The Fear Inducement is at the level of a knight, as shown in the story, with an aura that causes physical movement and difficulty breathing. There is also a gust of wind around the person who perceives the killing intent, making them feel as if they are being pressed down by something very intense, even to the point of vomiting. Nagyunn's aura is described as being at the knight level.

Nagyunn can only block attacks through his own weapons. If Vasco can avoid Nagyunn's weapon and attack him, he can win. However, it is difficult to attack someone who can read movements in advance and create false visual illusions that deceive the enemy's vision.
And it works on anyone? Not just someone weaker?

This kinda sounds like a stomp honestly, adding fear, better prediction, and weapon block. The AP bit doesn't matter since Nagyunn can take his time here.

Vasco vs Nagyunn
Rules:
  • Speed equalised.
  • Nagyunn has Astronomic, not his Knight Sword.
  • Post-Timeskip Vasco
  • 48 hours prep time. Both had knowledge about their oponent.
  • Both are in character but willing to kill.
  • Nagyunn AP: Wall Level at most.
  • Vasco AP: 96,127.257 Kilojoules

Nagyunn’s Advantages:
  • MASSIVE intelligence advantage.
  • Weapon Mastery and Pressure Point strikes.
  • Superior Fear Inducement.
  • Illusion Creation.
  • Can block all of Vasco’s attacks with Astronomic’s Physics Manipulation, despite the gap in AP. Vasco can’t use Astronomic even if he manages to snatch it.

Vasco’s Advantages:
  • MASSIVE AP advantage.
  • Better Martial Arts.
  • Better Pain Tolerance.
  • Resistance to Analytical Prediction.
  • Supernatural Willpower

Nagyunn (2): @Second22, @DeltaStriker22
Vasco (0):
Inconclusive (0):
Okay this one too hard for me to consider,but I vote to nagyunn. Cuz when I look at his abilities,he had more & better than him.

He can one shot with his massive AP advantage, has better martial arts and if he manages to last long enough his resistance to analytical prediction should help him create new attack patterns to counter Nagyunn's analytical prediction.
Both are irrelevant if he can never hit the opponent. His resistance was argued to not work at all

Both are irrelevant if he can never hit the opponent. His resistance was argued to not work at all
Not really. Vasco outskills Nagyunn to oblivion. Then fighting is like a white belt, yellow belt at best fights a 5th dan black belt. Despite analytical prediction there is a very good chance vasco can land a hit and with his superior AP that hit will be the end.

Also, Nagyunn can't block every attack with 100% certainty since he can only block a small area(only as much as the dagger he's holding in his profile picture).

Last edited:
Not really. Vasco outskills Nagyunn to oblivion. Then fighting is like a white belt, yellow belt at best fights a 5th dan black belt. Despite analytical prediction there is a very good chance vasco can land a hit and with his superior AP that hit will be the end.

Also, Nagyunn will can't block every attack with 100% certainty since he can only block a small area(only as much as the dagger he's holding in his profile picture).
The skill part is heavily negated by predictions and illusions though.

Also having a sharp weapon helps deal a lot more damage immediately so technically they're close to taking out each other even with an ap gap.

So, do you still think the fight's a stomp? Or are you voting?
I still think it's a stomp. The analytical prediction, the sharp weapons against fighters who haven't dealt with sharp objects (Tattoo gun doesn't really count for Lookism), the illusions, and the overwhelming fear that might even make Vasco vommit. Vasco can oneshot and is tanky but I can't see him doing anything besides lasting longer.

To be honest, Nagyunn didn't make anyone vomit with his Aura. Currently, the only one who have achieved that level is just Candentia. I just want to explain that Fear Inducement in the TEK is not Social Influencing.

I still think it's a stomp. The analytical prediction, the sharp weapons against fighters who haven't dealt with sharp objects (Tattoo gun doesn't really count for Lookism), the illusions, and the overwhelming fear that might even make Vasco vommit. Vasco can oneshot and is tanky but I can't see him doing anything besides lasting longer.
Vasco could overcome Nagyunn's fear inducement with his Supernatural willpower and Nagyunn can only cause a limited amount of illusion so he won't be able to keep those up throughout the fight.

To be honest, Nagyunn didn't make anyone vomit with his Aura. Currently, the only one who have achieved that level is just Candentia. I just want to explain that Fear Inducement in the TEK is not Social Influencing.
Gotcha. Can it be overcome by SPN Willpower as Delta is arguing?

Vasco could overcome Nagyunn's fear inducement with his Supernatural willpower and Nagyunn can only cause a limited amount of illusion so he won't be able to keep those up throughout the fight.
Limited or not, I doubt that changes anything.

Vasco's Supernatural Willpower has nothing to do with resistance to fear, I don't think so. However, Nagyunn cannot use his Aura while fighting, and it also creates a lot of burden on his body. Therefore, I don't think his Aura needs to be taken into account. He may just create rhythms with his Aura at certain intervals, but it doesn't make him that much to win Vasco.

Vasco's Supernatural Willpower has nothing to do with resistance to fear, I don't think so. However, Nagyunn cannot use his Aura while fighting, and it also creates a lot of burden on his body. Therefore, I don't think his Aura needs to be taken into account. He may just create rhythms with his Aura at certain intervals, but it doesn't make him that much to win Vasco.
Fair enough then. Would you say that Vasco has a chance to win here? Since you know both charters and tbh I'm not sure if Vasco's stamina is better than Nagyunn or would even come to play

Nagyunn's stamina is minimal compared to Vasco, and he will still get tired from creating illusions with his weapon and concentrating on its use, which will make him tire much faster. Since this equalizes their speed, if Vasco is able to dodge Nagyunn's weapon from hitting critical points, the longer the battle lasts, the more likely Vasco is to win. However, if Vasco is hit and seriously injured by Nagyunn's weapon before he can dodge it, Nagyunn can still avoid Vasco's attacks well due to his analysis of movement. But that does not make Nagyunn faster, and his flexibility in attacking with his spear is also lacking because he must concentrate to pierce with it.

Anyway, I still vote for Nagyunn. I think he is smart enough to defeat Vasco before he gets tired. However, Vasco can also defeat him if he can read the illusion creation and avoid the vital points of the spear thrust.

Nagyunn's stamina is minimal compared to Vasco, and he will still get tired from creating illusions with his weapon and concentrating on its use, which will make him tire much faster. Since this equalizes their speed, if Vasco is able to dodge Nagyunn's weapon from hitting critical points, the longer the battle lasts, the more likely Vasco is to win. However, if Vasco is hit and seriously injured by Nagyunn's weapon before he can dodge it, Nagyunn can still avoid Vasco's attacks well due to his analysis of movement. But that does not make Nagyunn faster, and his flexibility in attacking with his spear is also lacking because he must concentrate to pierce with it.

Anyway, I still vote for Nagyunn. I think he is smart enough to defeat Vasco before he gets tired. However, Vasco can also defeat him if he can read the illusion creation and avoid the vital points of the spear thrust.
Alright looks like his stamina is lower than I expected. I can see Vasco pulling a win by timing an attack to grab the weapon and finishing him off. But it seems more likely he's taken by surprise by illusions. Tbh I'm not really a fan of facing verses with realistic attacks only against fantasy-esque stuff since it can be unfair for one side.

Anyway voting Nagyunn in that case, low diff

Both of them know each other's abilities. I don't think Vasco would be surprised when he know that Nagyunn was already able to create illusions.

Alright looks like his stamina is lower than I expected. I can see Vasco pulling a win by timing an attack to grab the weapon and finishing him off. But it seems more likely he's taken by surprise by illusions. Tbh I'm not really a fan of facing verses with realistic attacks only against fantasy-esque stuff since it can be unfair for one side.

Anyway voting Nagyunn in that case, low diff
Counted.

Back