• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DuckTales (original series) revision

Which profiles are we talking about?
Removing stuff from everything besides the cartoons is easy, but personally I don't have the means, the time and the willingness to watch the two series and prepare a revision.

I've watched the OG 1987 Version and the Reboot, however I haven't read any of the Comics, well, i've just started reading the Ducktales and Darkwing Duck Crossover Dangerous Currency and that's about it, so i sadly won't be of much help here

All that is needed to start with is to separate all scaling from the "Duckburg" comic books and the original DuckTales cartoon series, as they are parts of different continuities.

Basically, just separate the already listed feats into different versions of the characters. Anything beyond that can come later, but is not urgent.

Btw we should just delete everything related to the comics, maybe saving it somewhere and stick to the cartoons.

The comics are a white rabbit hole that needs a ton of discussion and set guidelines, quite a lot of work we can't pull out from a day to another, given the humunguous amount of material from all over the world, hundreds of different authors and a canon that is much more that simply loose.

I'll probably go through after my exams, when I can reliably have my laptop on me :v
Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.
Btw we should just delete everything related to the comics, maybe saving it somewhere and stick to the cartoons.

The comics are a white rabbit hole that needs a ton of discussion and set guidelines, quite a lot of work we can't pull out from a day to another, given the humunguous amount of material from all over the world, hundreds of different authors and a canon that is much more that simply loose.
I suppose that might be the swiftest fix in lack of better options. However, I would like if we get a Scrooge McDuck profile page for the Don Rosa continuity only (all Carl Barks stories are included in it as well though).

Bump.

I would greatly appreciate help to finally get this revision finished. It is technically not a very big project.

Last edited:
Since it's been quite a long time and we're bringing up Don Rosa's comics here, I think a revision of Arpin Lusene's (The Black Knight; perhaps rename it?) page would be part of the project regarding that continuity (this respect thread can help with various feats - two of Scrooge's source keys on his own indicate Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck & The Don Rosa Library, which has almost every story he made - for missed feats)

For starters and as of now, while his normal tier may depend on where Scrooge, Donald and others end up, his durability without an armor is probably 9-B/Wall level for withstanding a dynamite explosion that destroyed his car and tank shots (given a Imgur situation, perhaps I should archive a RT's images on my blog).

Last edited:
Would you be willing to help out with handling the required work here?

Okay. Please tell me here when you find the time. It is quite important.

Okay. So what changes should currently be applied based on this?

Are there other members who are knowledgeable about this topic that I should also send notifications to?

Yes. Agreed. So is somebody willing to perform the necessary required work please? I have waited for over 4 years now...

I mainly need somebody or somebodies to comb through our "DuckTales" pages, and separate the original Carl Barks/Don Rosa (and technically many other authors, but those two are the only ones that stick to some kind of coherent continuity) Duckburg comic book events and feats from the derivative "DuckTales" TV shows and comic books, so we do not mix the two continuities or scale the characters between them.

Help would be greatly appreciated.🙏

However, calculations for discovered feats would obviously also be very helpful. 🙏

I mainly need somebody or somebodies to comb through our "DuckTales" pages, and separate the original Carl Barks/Don Rosa (and technically many other authors, but those two are the only ones that stick to some kind of coherent continuity) Duckburg comic book events and feats from the derivative "DuckTales" TV shows and comic books, so we do not mix the two continuities or scale the characters between them.

Help would be greatly appreciated.🙏

However, calculations for discovered feats would obviously also be very helpful. 🙏
Forgive me if I'm wrong but looking through a few of the pages hasn't this already been done?

Really? I thought that some of them scale from the Duckburg comics and the first DuckTales TV show at the same time, going by their linked scans.

I can take a look at those one of these days and give a feedback, but I'm not sure I have the time to physically perform the work.

I'm still quite unsure about leaving or making materials from the comics, as even if we strictly follow the stories from specific authors, they still intertwine with those from others, as they were always intended to be.
I can see having some "(Don Rosa)"/"Dollar Saga" profiles, taking into account the earlier stories he used as a foundation for his work, but I disagree with doing the same the other way around.

Carl Barks and the rest of the most influential Disney comics authors always knew that at some point someone would have taken over the series, and this became specially true when they expanded to other countries, where they even outlived the america popularity.

Italy, France, Brazil, Northern European countries (I don't remember which specifically rn) are the highest producers of Disney comics, all drawing from the original american roots, but at the same time creating their own characters, settings, tropes, themes etc.. over the span of more than 70 years, even trading and incorporating them between each other from time to time, in a continuity that is absolutely loose by primary definition.

There are self contained sagas, such as Wizards of Mikey and such, but those are specifically alternate continuities written to be such.

Okay. My main problem is that the DuckTales TV show should not intermingle with the Duckburg comics, and to a lesser extent that the North American and Northern European comic books seem to use a very different setting and characters compared to the Italian ones.

Help would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Brazilian and european comics have all drawn from the original american by default, then took their own paths and outclassed the american ones when their market died out.
It's a mix of national loose continuities in a scenario of an already loose continuity, with occasoinal exchanges.

The main point should be to seclude original and remake DuckTales onto themselves, then sort out what to do with the comics.

Brazilian and european comics have all drawn from the original american by default, then took their own paths and outclassed the american ones when their market died out.
It's a mix of national loose continuities in a scenario of an already loose continuity, with occasoinal exchanges.

The main point should be to seclude original and remake DuckTales onto themselves, then sort out what to do with the comics.
4 profiles not counting cartoons TMK

Original
Brazilian
European
Reboot

Okay. That seems good to me. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏❤️🙂

4 profiles not counting cartoons TMK

Original
Brazilian
European
Reboot
You have no idea how vast these comics are, there are literally tens of thousands of stories from each country, in comparison Marvel and DC have started issuing yesterday.

The canon is also incredibly loose, and it's not unusual to have exchanges of characters and subsequent modification from place to place and time to time.
All have of course been spawned from the original american ones, but even then it would be disingenous to make only a "Carl Barks canon", because his stories were always meant to be followed by other authors at some point (either american or not).

As I said, I can see using Don Rosa's personal saga, drawing from Barks's original works (like Dragon Ball GT takes from previous DB works), but broader attempt at making general profiles for these characters is impossible, and it would be better to limit them to specific self-contained continuities that are usually the exception.

You have no idea how vast these comics are, there are literally tens of thousands of stories from each country, in comparison Marvel and DC have started issuing yesterday.

The canon is also incredibly loose, and it's not unusual to have exchanges of characters and subsequent modification from place to place and time to time.
All have of course been spawned from the original american ones, but even then it would be disingenous to make only a "Carl Barks canon", because his stories were always meant to be followed by other authors at some point (either american or not).

As I said, I can see using Don Rosa's personal saga, drawing from Barks's original works (like Dragon Ball GT takes from previous DB works), but broader attempt at making general profiles for these characters is impossible, and it would be better to limit them to specific self-contained continuities that are usually the exception.
Then find what Information is consistent and use that. Make a blog detailing why XYZ isn't used because UVW information is more consistent. And if information is 50/50, detail both and say that only one or the other can be used. (Ex: Madness Manipulation or Healing [Reasoning])

And if someone doesn't want to go through all of that, drop a Tsar Bomba on the profile and wait for someone who does.

Right now I believe we can simply purge the DuckTales profiles from any unrelated comic material and keep them strictly about cartoon content, comics profiles don't even exist as of now.

Back