• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DuckTales (original series) revision

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Would any members here be willing to continue the DuckTales revision that we planned in the old forum?

We greatly need to split up the profile page information from the comic books and original DuckTales cartoons, as they are not a part of the same continuity.

As such, I would very much appreciate help in this regard.

Here is the old thread:

Okay. That is unfortunate.

I will gladly help, for I have feasible knowledge on the original DuckTales cartoon, and the games. Would it be okay to assume the original DuckTales games are apart of that canon? Nothing really dictates them of being non-canon, for making a separate profile for this might be too inconvenient.

Thank you very much for helping out. I greatly appreciate it.

To start with, should we remove the section for "Super Scrooge" in his DuckTales profile page, as that only happened in obscure old comicbooks?

I will gladly help, for I have feasible knowledge on the original DuckTales cartoon, and the games. Would it be okay to assume the original DuckTales games are apart of that canon? Nothing really dictates them of being non-canon, for making a separate profile for this might be too inconvenient.
I do not know whether or not the games are canon to the original cartoon, but the important thing to start with is to remove the comic books that are definitely not a part of that continuity, whether they are by Carl Barks, Don Rosa, or others.

SamanPatou's solution works well for me. Thank you for helping out.

Yeah sure. That seems about right.

We’ll need someone who is knowledgeable and adroit in the comics to make that change, though. I can easily help separate the canon for the cartoons. Might there be anyone capable of the job?

We’ll need someone who is knowledgeable and adroit in the comics to make that change, though. I can easily help separate the canon for the cartoons. Might there be anyone capable of the job?
Well, I just removed stuff not related to comics and Super Scrooge (guess it was for being a one-time power-up) on a page for the start.

For another lifting strength feat which I found on a Reddit respect thread, Scrooge carried out a large sack of money, which weighs like two tons (Class 5 on checking) according to Donald (in Carl Barks' comics).

Last edited:

We could just remove all scaling from the comic books, and strictly use the cartoons, in lack of better options, until somebody in our community makes an effort to use the Barks, Don Rosa, and other comic books as a basis for new profile pages.

A bit in order to defeat comic I'll just say, as far as I remember Duck Tales have good amount of stories if not originated from comics.

So Imo if removing Comic book feats would be nice to separate comic book version(s) in other key/profile.

Yes, agreed. It is also the most realistic option for us to apply at the moment.

Thank you. As I mentioned above, we should start with removing all regular Carl Barks-based comic book feats from the character profile pages, as they are not at all part of the DuckTales cartoon continuity.

Thank you. As I mentioned above, we should start with removing all regular Carl Barks-based comic book feats from the character profile pages, as they are not at all part of the DuckTales cartoon continuity.
Ahhh. I'm sorry to say that editing is not my forte.
Although would I be wrong to presume that this means in the future, the scaling chain(s) & such may become shakey from the removal of such feats?
I do not oppose their removal, but while we remove them &/or apply the feats as appopriate to any applicable comic book profiles, we should consider if there are feats, already documented or otherwise, that we can use following the removal of the comic book feats.
In theory, some characters might be more or less consistent at higher or lower tiers following this.

But such matters are probably something for the future, I'd assume.

The problem is that Duck Tales and the comics are entirely different things, they have different characters, events, personalities, backstories and so on.

With comic books profiles we should be even more careful, given the literally hundreds of thousands of stories that have been made over the course of a century in different parts of the world without a defined canon nor constistency.

Using Don Rosa's saga was a way to maintain consistency, since it's structured as a single linear story.
And that as well, it may be important to keep material from Barks' and other authors stories outside depending on how the research turns out (as another user confirmed in the previous thread, Barks didn't say Rosa's work is canon to his own stories or similar, but Rosa kept in account some of Barks' works in his saga).

Yes, if we later create profile pages for the original comic book versions, we should probably strictly use the Don Rosa canon (which includes all of the Barks stories as well).

I did add a note above a tabber in my sandbox's profile for that case, which speaking of, is now done. I just need people to check it out to see if it can be published.

Anyway, for atmospheric re-entry/explosion feat, I asked a calculation request for that here.

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you for helping out. If you post some scans of the feat here, I can ask a few calc group members for help directly though.

Just a note that the information in the DuckTales pages other han Scrooge McDuck should also have their information split between the original comic books and the 1987 cartoon series.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/DuckTales

Help with this would be very appreciated.

Handling the comics is going to be extremely complicated and controversial, due to the loose canon and the literally thousands of stories coming from different parts of the world over the course of 90 or so years.
The whole thing definitely requires its own thread.
Me and Amelia had a few debates in the past about the matter, but we couldn't find a common ground.

@EMagoIorSouI @Tonygameman @SamanPatou @Oleggator @Imaginym

I would still greatly appreciate your help with better separating the Disney Duckburg comics and cartoons into separate continuities. The scaling and linking between these character profile pages is mostly incoherent. See here for example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Magica_De_Spell
I'm surprised, honoured & confused to be mentioned by you for this, but given my lack of experience & skill in editing, I'm not sure how much I can help, & I don't even know where to begin looking for feats.

Handling the comics is going to be extremely complicated and controversial, due to the loose canon and the literally thousands of stories coming from different parts of the world over the course of 90 or so years.
The whole thing definitely requires its own thread.
Me and Amelia had a few debates in the past about the matter, but we couldn't find a common ground.
Okay, but can't we just continue in this thread for the moment? It is not very long.

Also, initially somebody just needs to check through our current "DuckTales" pages for inconsistencies in the scaling between them, and so pages from different continuities do not link to each other. For example, the original DuckTales cartoon Magica DeSpell page uses the comic books as a basis, and seems to have very outdated statistics.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

Bump. I would still greatly appreciate some help with this.

Okay. Thanks in advance for any help.

@Apex_Predator_GX @DBZMLP12345 @EMagoIorSouI @Bobsican @Tonygameman @SamanPatou @Oleggator @Imaginym @KingEzran @Amelia_Lonelyheart @The_Impress

Your help would still be greatly appreciated here, as the statistics for a part of the DuckTales pages are still a mess that mix feats from the comic books and the original DT cartoon show.
Unfortunately, I do not have much knowledge of the comics or the original series. Mostly cause I watched the series as a kid and don't remember much of the plot.

Okay. That is very unfortunate.

Well, removing all scaling from the comic books, and using the original DT cartoon only should be fine. It would be very appreciated if you help out with this.

Back