• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon's Dogma: Who created this page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title says eveything, who created this page or who edited all that over-the-top info? Or actually, who made all the Dragon's Dogma character profiles? They are so overexagerated I almost destroyed an entire galaxy while writing this lol

Grigori's attack potency is multi-galaxy level? And yet his breath or strength can't just desintegrate all the rocks in his way that help the Arisen and it's pawns during battle? (and that's canon since it's a part of the fight you MUST do, not just gameplay mechanics)

His durability is multi-galaxy level, and his speed relativistic (or probably FTL as it says in the page), yet he can get hit and hurt by some random ballistas in middle of the fight (normal ballistas, not super powerful magic ballistas or anything like that, just plain old middle ages ballistas, and BTW the ballistas are a part of the fight you MUST do, and part of a cutscene, so it is canon)? Really?

Did whoever wrote all this even check for the context of everything in the game? Let's remember this game has lots of fantasy elements on it, like different kinds of mythological monsters and etc, but in the context, everything is still somewhat... realistic, in the sense of how everything takes place. The world has magic, weird creatures, and superhuman characters, but not at this absurd level.

I would ask for a downgrade, which I think it deserves, but it's more a question to know the reasons behind this over-the-top point of view.

And by the way, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section, correct me if I'm wrong, whoever can.

Getting tagged by ballistics and failing to destroy rocks sound mostly like Plot-Induced Stupidity. If Grigori was said to have destroyed countries within the lore and warped the planets surface, then those feats are to take priority over these low ends.

The admin ThePerpetual was who wrote the profile, but he is very busy right now AFAIK so it's probably best to not disturb him.

Darkanine said:
Getting tagged by ballistics and failing to destroy rocks sound mostly like Plot-Induced Stupidity. If Grigori was said to have destroyed countries within the lore and warped the planets surface, then those feats are to take priority over these low ends.
The admin ThePerpetual was who wrote the profile, but he is very busy right now AFAIK so it's probably best to not disturb him.
Ok, if what he is doing is important then I have no reason to disturb him.

But now, canon feats are more important than rumors and false statements in-lore (because in-lore, most of the information are just rumors, Grigori did destroy nations, but it was never confirmed he really did it all with so little effort), because Grigori's talk was always based around rumors and fear from the villagers, and this was pretty clear in-game. In that world the dragon truly was the most powerful of creatures, or at least one of the most powerful, a force to be reckoned with that no one survived a fight against, this made him a legend, so as a legend, people started to distort the truth and created and exagerated the rumors, just like what happens in real life with legends.

What I mean is, that inside the lore, that's just a bunch of rumors, and even if he destroyed nations in seconds, we still don't know how, and in the text where this info came from, it was stated that one of the largest it destroyed, it was thanks to multiple attacks (One of the nations which the dragon had utterly destroyed had been large and powerful, enough so that if not for the dragon's attacks it may well have come out the victor of the Endless Strife.) Plus there were survivors, so whatever the dragon did, it wasn't anything with the potency to kill anyone weaker than the attack, probably something more along the lines of an earthquake or a fire (you don't need to be country level in durability to resist a country level earthquake, or a country level fire, in any case, country level is only the range of the earthquake or the fire). Even then he did never show anything like that in the in-game canon, except for when he died and half of Gran Soren got destroyed, but I think this was mostly due to his connection with the Everfall, it didn't seem the Dragon caused it, but it's death)

He does have pretty powerful abilities, but they are more based on doing something in special than provoking damage in general, I don't think they should be taken as attack potency.

Also, a normal steel sword was powerful enough to stab him, this by the Arisen (player character) before he even started his journey and was just a normal villager with no combat experience whatsoever.

You might as well say Dragon Ball FighterZ characters arent even planet level because their attacks arent even destroying the stage theyre on. One casual kick from Beerus has split a planet in half but you can fight on Earth and nothing happens.

The Ballista argument is even more stupid because directly before that it is shown that the Arisen had to do tremendous damage to uncover it, and then they linked via the Seneschal who exposed the Heart of Grigori for you. Even in-game, every Dragon (even lower Drakes) can only be killed by the Arisen. You can leave it at 1 hp and it will never die from anything else but a direct hit from the Arisen, which isnt even listed in the wiki... so much for overselling DD:DA universe. There is a enemy called the Ur-Dragon which has the health of 36000+ Drakes and respawns stronger every time an Arisen kills it.

The Seneschal is literally God. The Dragons have brought humanity as a whole to the brink of extinction in a matter of days if the Arisen failed. Daimon has an attack that is multi-versal which you can see in-game, and has successfully created a island full of mobs which would CURBSTOMP Grigori and cut it off from the rest of the Universe. The only reason the Arisen can leave it is because the Seneschal, the only thing stronger than Daimon, lets you. The Arisen can revive up to 396 with Wakestones (which he can use even post-mortem to revive himself) and has up to 3 companions called Pawns which can be revived instantly and with no limit after being killed, with very few exceptions (named multi-verse attack being one of them).

Then there's Death. It's the literal incarnation of Death, which cannot be SCRATCHED, by an Arisen who just defeated Grigori. If you go there after beating Grigori, you will get a weapon from it that is 3 times stronger than the best weapons you could have found before that fight. When you first encounter Death, you will find that you cannot damage one of its 9 health bars enough to SEE the damage youre doing to 1/9th of its health. Death one-shots everything, even other bosses in Bitterblack Island. It would one-shot even Daimon who again, is multi-versal, and thats underselling him since we know he wanted to end the Eternal Cycle which means erasing all Universes in existence, which means erasing more than a million universes since thats the number of players (and Universes) in Dragons Dogma. Even if you only count those who completed the story, thats still 100000+ Universes, yet Daimon is low-multiversal and Death who literally one-shots the Arisen (2-A apparently) and Daimon (2-C, "low" multi-versal) and has a greater grade of infinity than the Arisen, since he respawns INFINITELY AND INSTANTLY (literally within 3 seconds of dying) is 3-B.

Below Universe-level.

When Death dies, he can drop a scythe shard (a piece of his weapon) which is used to upgrade a number of the Arisens best weapons to their final tier. How the f he is not 2-A+++++++++... i dont know.

By the way, Death ignores invincibility frames, Pawns Immortality, all forms of defense boosts or skills that let you live any other attack in the game on 1 hp, one-shots even Dragons who again cant be killed by any other enemy in the game even if you leave them at 1 hp (though tbf Death was an Arisen once), cannot be blocked even if you use Divine Defense, which lets you block everything else in the game, even grabs, without taking damage, even if you cheat 9 million hp (the max is 6000 if you min-max your character to have the most HP possible) you still die, and it can teleport away instantly and takes no visible damage from the strongest enemies in the game, should they by chance hit them (and yes, bosses can normally damage each other in DD:DA), and these are attacks which would literally one-shot Grigori (or, bring it to 1 hp since they still have that immortality), a dragon that can easily cause Armageddon, and they dont show up on 1/9th of its hp bar. Maybe they do if you really really squint, i havent extensively tested that.

The Arisen freaking survives stabbing himself with Godsbane, a weapon that can kill the Seneschal if he uses it himself, and dying. The Arisen then resets the Universe, keeping his items and level, and starts a new Cycle. Its even higher than the Seneschal who CREATED Death.

Theyre actually underrated here, Daimon should be 2-A and Death shouldnt be 3-A (wtf) but at the least 2-A++++++++. How exactly does a 3-A character one-shot a 2-C character (Daimon) and a 2-A character (Arisen)? He most likely one-shots 99% of Tier 2 characters lmao.

This thread is well over a year old. You should make a new thread instead of necroing an ancient one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back