• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The summary of Dragon Ball Kai episode 119 posted on the series' official website refers to Majin Buu as an immortal.
Immortal in the context that he seemingly can't be damaged whatsoever. Besides that, "immortal" in the DB Universe has always meant something akin to being un-killable or un-damageable.

Plus, Kai isn't canon to the manga.

Immortal in the context that he seemingly can't be damaged whatsoever. Besides that, "immortal" in the DB Universe has always meant something akin to being un-killable or un-damageable.
That is your interpretation. Literally, Bu is referred to as 'Immortal', and there is no question mark or parenthesis for it to be doubted.

Plus, Kai isn't canon to the manga.
I know. But it can be taken for anime and SDBH.

That is your interpretation. Literally, Bu is referred to as 'Immortal', and there is no question mark or parenthesis for it to be doubted.
"Immortal" in DB means that some literally cannot be killed, like Garlic Jr. (in the anime) and Future Zamasu in DBS
In that sense, Buu is not immortal as he can be killed. However Vegeta thought he can't be killed, which is why he called him that. This was proven false obviously when Goku killed Kid Buu

"Immortal" in DB means that some literally cannot be killed, like Garlic Jr. (in the anime) and Future Zamasu in DBS
In that sense, Buu is not immortal as he can be killed. However Vegeta thought he can't be killed, which is why he called him that. This was proven false obviously when Goku killed Kid Buu
You're just repeating what the other user said. It's not a dialogue of the character, it's a clarification of the animation house that produced DBK.

Also, there are several types of immortality. Zamasu's is both physical and spiritual, because Hakai doesn't work on him. Buu's is only physical.

Also, there are several types of immortality. Zamasu's is both physical and spiritual, because Hakai doesn't work on him. Buu's is only physical.
Proof? Since his "Immortality" even by their standards is demonstrably false given Buu can be killed. As I said, Vegeta thought he may be immortal as he couldn't kill him, thinking Buu is unkillable, but as it later turns out, he was wrong when Kid Buu died. Immortality in DB always meant the Zamasu/Garlic Jr. type, which is demonstrably wrong for Buu's case

Also, you focused only on the Zamasu part and ignore that the anime also had Garlic Jr. being immortal. Besides, whenever a character in the series refers to getting immortality, it means the type Zamasu and Garlic Jr. have, which is also what Vegeta and Frieza initially aspired to get (and in one game where Frieza gets the wish, that's exactly what happens)

It's not my interpretation, that's literally how it is handled in the series. Garlic Jr. is referred to as immortal; he can't be harmed or killed through normal means and was only able to be defeated by his own technique. Future Zamasu is immortal, he also cannot be harmed or killed through normal means, and he has shown plenty of times that he doesn't care about getting hit by attacks, sometimes stabbed and impaled.

I'm not making an interpretation, you are. I'm going along with what the series has established in regards to "immortality", you're putting a spin on it and trying to say it's Type 1 Immortality.

Besides, Vegeta was clearly wrong as Buu can be killed, and we cannot give powers and abilities based on false statements

Proof? Since his "Immortality" even by their standards is demonstrably false given Buu can be killed. As I said, Vegeta thought he may be immortal as he couldn't kill him, thinking Buu is unkillable, but as it later turns out, he was wrong when Kid Buu died
He was killed by the Genkidama who destroys evil. The manga itself and Toriyama make it clear that Buu is a being of pure evil.

Also, you focused only on the Zamasu part and ignore that the anime also had Garlic Jr. being immortal. Besides, whenever a character in the series refers to getting immortality, it means the type Zamasu and Garlic Jr. have, which is also what Vegeta and Frieza initially aspired to get (and in one game where Frieza gets the wish, that's exactly what happens)
Because it is not known what immortality Garlick has. I don't have scans to know. However, from what you say, you put him on the level of Zamasu without any proof. You're just speculating.

It's not my interpretation, that's literally how it is handled in the series. Garlic Jr. is referred to as immortal; he can't be harmed or killed through normal means and was only able to be defeated by his own technique. Future Zamasu is immortal, he also cannot be harmed or killed through normal means, and he has shown plenty of times that he doesn't care about getting hit by attacks, sometimes stabbed and impaled.

I'm not making an interpretation, you are. I'm going along with what the series has established in regards to "immortality", you're putting a spin on it and trying to say it's Type 1 Immortality.
But you didn't prove anything. You're just distorting what the text says with your misinterpretation.

Irrelevant. Buu didn't mind being destroyed, cut or stabbed either.

As I said above, this isn't a statement from some character, it's a clarification from the anime house.

But you didn't prove anything.
You're not proving anything yourself. All you keep reiterating is the statement from the summary.
You're just distorting what the text says with your misinterpretation.
I'm not distorting anything. The text says he's immortal, and we know the ways that immortality works in the Dragon Ball universe; you literally cannot correlate that to Type 1 Immortality. On top of that, this summary was made before killing Buu was even a possibility. Up until that point, Buu has been pretty much unstoppable and no matter how hard the characters tried, they couldn't beat him because of his regeneration. They're calling him "immortal" because of his at-the-time-impossibility of being killed. Not because he can live forever.
Cool. Still not Type 1 Immortality.

He was killed by the Genkidama who destroys evil. The manga itself and Toriyama make it clear that Buu is a being of pure evil.
You basically shot your own argument since you just admitted Buu can be killed. Immortal characters, whoever they are Garlic Jr. , Frieza (in that game) or Zamasu, simply cannot be killed and must be contained by something else
Because it is not known what immortality Garlick has. I don't have scans to know. However, from what you say, you put him on the level of Zamasu without any proof. You're just speculating.
Garlic Jr. cannot get killed either, as he'll just regenerate from any damage done to him, to the point that they had to seal him back in the dead zone to get rid of him. Both Garlic Jr. and Zamasu have their immortality granted to them by the Dragon Balls, so naturally they'd have the same type of immortality as each other.
However, considering DB does not differenitate between types of immortality, it's up to you to prove these immortalities are actually different
But you didn't prove anything. You're just distorting what the text says with your misinterpretation.
As I said above, this isn't a statement from some character, it's a clarification from the anime house.
This is clarification regarding Vegeta's statement, and since the statement was wrong, it's not acceptable to base power and abilities based on false statements

I'm not distorting anything. The text says he's immortal, and we know the ways that immortality works in the Dragon Ball universe; you literally cannot correlate that to Type 1 Immortality. On top of that, this summary was made before killing Buu was even a possibility. Up until that point, Buu has been pretty much unstoppable and no matter how hard the characters tried, they couldn't beat him because of his regeneration. They're calling him "immortal" because of his at-the-time-impossibility of being killed. Not because he can live forever.
Well said.

Back