• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball (Toei) — Quick Lifting Strength Revisions

Let's go over Lifting Strength from the Dragon Ball anime. This should be quick.
Class T to P to Z to Y is a fairly consistent progression.

Of course, there are most likely much better feats in Dragon Ball GT or, hell, maybe even in Dragon Ball or in Z. I haven't thoroughly gone through these anime, I just picked out some feats that I spotted after doing some digging through Goku's page or while rewatching Dead Zone—yes, people do that.

I................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seems good, but I'd like Cell's feat to get a calc.

Also, should we separate telekinesis from physical strength? Iirc there are no mentions about the two being comparable to each other.

I mean if there are instances of characters using TK opponents and they shrug it off....then Physicals kinda equal out to TK...

But do such scenes exist...??

Also, should we separate telekinesis from physical strength? Iirc there are no mentions about the two being comparable to each other.
Well in some occasion, DB telekinesis could scale to Ki level. Actually Ki Manip in Dragon Ball is very weird, sometime they could have some feat that borderline magic

Wouldn't frieza pushing the spirit bomb a little bit count as a lifing strength? Remember that the spirit bomb from namek was capable of crushing the planet itself?
My memory is fuzzy so I might be wrong

You can scale physical LS to telekinesis if you break free from someone's TK

Also, you got a scan of Cell's feat? I can calc it if you don't mind

So about frieza saga goku, i feel like that feats is too vague to be used, i mean, i looked like vegeta was hallucinating after a planet started moving for some reason, and i dodon'stee a reason for him to attack vegeta like that, unless he is a massive troll lmao.

Dead zone is def not a black hole, is just a portal that sucks stuff.

Frieza goku did manage to hold that island frieza throw, since it didn't roll on him, just couldn't stop the momentum, and since ssj is a very accepted multiplier now, they would scale 40x and 50x above this.

Cell saga sounds fine, i saw the scene recently and i don't remember the asteroid being in a good view to scale him to cell, so average size is fine, but is it fine to use their mass when the feat happens in space, you know, no gravity and stuff, does that affect LS?

You can scale physical LS to telekinesis if you break free from someone's TK

Also, you got a scan of Cell's feat? I can calc it if you don't mind
I know, but I don't remember any scene which could support it, just Nappa being unaffected by Jiaozi.

Cell's feat is linked in the op.

I forgot about the Dead Zone thing, what are the evidences of it being an actual black hole and not just a portal which sucks things? Because not even the Love Love Black Hole or whatever is its name was considered as real one.

Man that is some very impressive equipment......glue, tiles, ship surface, boots, suit....how strong must that have been....Dr. Brief is more of a magician than a scientist. 🤣🤣...

Jokes aside...thats some very impressive feat...

On Earth escape velocity is like 11km/s....imagine what that would be for Sun....and he went from surface of Sun to distance so far that gravitational field had negligible effect on him. And in few seconds too.
Thats also a speed feat.

Astronomers define the Solar System as the distance under the influence of gravity from the Sun. We know that the Sun holds distant Pluto in orbit (5.9 billion km away on average). But astronomers think that the Oort Cloud extends out to a distance of 50,000 astronomical units (1 AU is the distance from the Earth to the Sun), or 1 light-year. In fact, the influence of the Sun’s gravity could extend out to 2 light-years away, the point at which the pull from other stars is stronger.

And apparently escape velocity of Sun is around 615km/s......
Obviously Goku went far faster than that....

2 Light Years in few seconds.....👀....
One LY is 9.4607×10^15 m...
2 LY is 18.8 × 10^15 m

As for time frame.... he starts at 2:03 and gets out of field at 2:20..
17 sec....
So that's approxx 1.1 × 10^15 m/s of speed....or 3,666,666.67 FTL.....3.6 Million FTL

This is all assuming that the Star is as big as our Sun though....which it probably isn't.......so results would be much less impressive.......but still fun to think about.

And this is all assuming I did this seriously.....which it isn't.....just read, laugh and move on.....its just for fun.😝😅....I am messing around.

2 LY is 18.8 × 10^15 m

17 sec....
So that's approxx 1.1 × 10^15 m/s of speed....or 3,666,666.67 FTL.....3.6 Million FTL

This is all assuming that the Star is as big as our Sun though....which it probably isn't.......so results would be much less impressive.......but still fun to think about.

And this is all assuming I did this seriously.....which it isn't.....just read, laugh and move on.....its just for fun.😝😅....I am messing around.
It's a reasonable assumption, yes the star look small, but it could just be that writers don't know their ttmrye size. But their intention is to show that goku can pull himself...from a star....while glued on space egg....how strong is that glue, no seriously we need a profile for it

2 LY is 18.8 × 10^15 m

17 sec....

Another problme is that the whole radiation balance thing means you don't need to escape the gravity range, or else we would've crashed into the sun by then, goku just needed to move like, idk, the diatance between the closest planet to the sun to escape it.

Also escape velocity is only for non-proppeled objects.

Wait, won't goku get heat resistant since he was close to the sun, and maybe some form of gravity resistance thing. He was pretty close, under it I believe

It's a reasonable assumption, yes the star look small, but it could just be that writers don't know their ttmrye size. But their intention is to show that goku can pull himself...from a star....while glued on space egg....how strong is that glue, no seriously we need a profile for it
I mean if we calced it seriously....we could get some good force numbers from it....the force needed to pull that feat of should be quite impressive....could give us good Lifting Strength...how good remains to be seen.

I mean if we calced it seriously....we could get some good force numbers from it....the force needed to pull that feat of should be quite impressive....could give us good Lifting Strength...how good remains to be seen.
Yes it would, so the kamehameha can push, shatter, and destroy objects right. And the ship surving the sun could mean two things: the ships very strong, or goku can enhance things by his ki, sort of like trunks and his sword

Back