• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Downgrades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean.... Whis said "this place is controlled" when looking out towards the world of void. And prior to the tournament said Zeno and GP can erase >.> <.<

I think UMR made a good point about how Hit was likely only able to time-skip using time he had stored, not any time within the WoV.

Low-key I think the blog would have gone through if it was a thread rather than a blog >.> especially with going beyond the universe's space-time to an alternate dimension <.< Anyway. Imma make a GP void manipulation thread :^)

Ryukama said:
Area of Effect. Also someone being able to survive an earthquake doesn't mean they scale to the full power of an earthquake or the power required to cause one.
How? If the attacks have infinite energy, wouldn't the earthquakes be the same energy? Cause infinity-1 is still infinity '-'

Ryukama said:
Each universe in DB is a macrocosm with its own separate space-time (moral realm, afterlife, pocket dimensions, etc.) contained within a grander timeline. It makes little sense, but it's fiction it can happen. Any feats involving the entirety of a macrocosm is Tier 2.
You're talking about Zamasu, Zen'o or both here?

@Luffyplayer

If many characters with infinite stats couldn't use AoE, all of them would have to be downgraded. It's just fiction. A good example is when Molecule Man made an attack capable of destroying "billions of dimensions", yet it wasn't even the size of a grenade explosion. It has 2 levels above normal infinity (low 2-C, and 2-C), plus the requirements for 2-B, and it can still be suppressed.

They also don't think about that, because the writers don't treat it as infinite. There's a somewhat measurable gap between 3-A to Low 2-C, it's called the U7 spirit bomb, Kefla, and Jire.

"How? If the attacks have infinite energy, wouldn't the earthquakes be the same energy? Cause infinity-1 is still infinity '-'"

Again, I can survive an earthquake. Does this mean I can tank a punch from someone powerful enough to make the entire planet shake? Does this mean I in any way, shape or form scale to the power that was required to cause the planet to shake?

Even if you want to discard that then the others surviving the attack would be clear PIS for them. If someone survives an attack that is demonstrably far, far, far superior to anything else that has killed them, we call that an outlier for the character. We don't downgrade the attack itself to levels lower than it has outright shown to be. Also this is like saying Saitama's Serious Punch isn't Multi-Continental because every human didn't die from it.

"You're talking about Zamasu, Zen'o or both here?"

Both. Infinite Zamasu fused with an entire macrocosm. Zeno can destroy multiple macrocosms at once. Therefore they are both Tier 2.

@Luffy

"Zamasu... might be trying to become the universe".

"He's cast off his form as a god, and is trying to become justice and order itself". Says this as he not only spreads around Earth, but the entire universe, and we actually see it, though not the total universe, more like the solar system. Zamasu then appears in The main Time line.

Zeno literally erases the time line to get rid of him.

It should also be of note that we never see him embodying any mass, just nothing.

To be fair, it says "might". One could argue through that Zamasu didn't become the full universe yet but eh.

I however still think his Low 2-C form should be done via some type of prep. Zamasu only ever became Low 2-C BECAUSE of the space-time rift anamoly Trunks Time machine accidentally left behind. He didnt do that of his own power. If that wasn't there, Zamasu would have never become tier 2 in the first place.

Its fine if people disagree of course but thats my only issue with Low 2-C Zamasu really.

The show probably wouldn't want to trick us, also it's backed up by other things, and he literally states that right after. The only reason Gowasu might have been confused is because he barely even covered the clouds at that point.

No, he absorbed the entire time line, that's why he's low 2-C. 2-C is due to prep, he also would have absorbed other universes as stated by Gowasu, that just made it happen quicker.

I know he went through U7 like that, Krillin even says so, but I don't think you properly read what i said, he'd absorb other universes, i wasn't talking about that instance of leaking into U7, just a quote from Gowasu.

However, it doesn't actually matter anymore, it was a mistranslation from another source.

Zamasu absobing other universes (not leaking into past U7 though). I'm not actually sure it's a mistranslation, but it just didn't have it on the sight i used, it's safe to assume it is since VSB doesn't use it.

Therefir said:
There should be a discussion rule about this.
Yeah.

We should probably have one like we did for Naruto for awhile saying something along the lines of:

"Please refrain from making content revision threads on Dragon Ball Super, as recently we have received an extreme number of them and the staff has gotten annoyed at how numberious they are. Preferably, comment on already existing threads, if you can, in order to elevate this issue."

There are a few important things we shouldn't forget and I'm netural about this topic:

1. Space-Time is boundless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space

"Space is the boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction. Physical space is often conceived in three linear dimensions, although modern physicists usually consider it, with time, to be part of a boundless four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime."

So unless these DB universes are pocket dimensions or something (which they're not), then we shouldn't assume that Space-Time is limited to only 1 universe/reality nor assume erasing only the physical matter as it's connected to all of the universes (if there's more than 1) & Space of multiple universes = erasing Space-Time by default which sounds false.

2. Where has Zeno ever stated to be be able to specifically erase Time as well besides only being shown to be able to erase Matter & Space?

For the rest, I'm just as puzzled about this as you are, so I might as well state my own opinion about this topic in the meantime.

At least change "annoyed" to "tired."

It shouldn't be that we just don't want to deal with these, but rather the number of them is outright unmanageable.

Yeah.

Lest there's something actually worth discussing in them.

I'm late but can I get the source of the other translation about the WoV which some people mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back