• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Disscussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI everyone, there's a little thing on the top right corner of the thread called the "Follow" button. So no need to take up space writing "Following" or useless comments just to get notifications.

ovo

So that new episode.

The final struggle with Trunks and Zamasu was beyond epic in every single way. Easily my favorite moment in DBS, if not DB as a whole.

Now all we gotta do is wait for Zen'o to finish Fusion Zamasu off.

Puff
@Ryu
Anyway, I still need to see this episode. Anyone mind filling in the blanks? All I know is Trunks "beat" Zamasu and Vegito unfused due to plot.

Posted my reply and the thread close now i have to write it again,oh well as i was about to say i understand what this episiode and arc was trying to do it's an arc about trunks so naturally he will have the spotlight but it's the execution i have a problem with.

He has just been getting powers and transformations out of nowhere, got a new transformation out of nowhere with no foreshadowing or build up, learned a technique that took goku at least a couple hours in 5 minutes and now he is doing spirit bombs out of nowhere.

This doesn't sit right with me but that's my opinion.

@Cal

Trunks more or less obtained God ki by being empowered by all the surviving humans and completely destroyed Fusion Zamasu's body.

According to Herms on Twitter, Gowasu stated that Zamasu's ugly form reflects his inner conflict.

I really like that one little line. It really shows how further and further down he has gotten. And it is really starting to seem like Zamasu is caring less and less about actual good and justice and is more having an egotistical god complex.

Gowasu's line might be implying that somewhere deep down Zamasu may realize the error of his ways, but is too prideful and has gone too far to go back now. He's becoming more and more the same evil that he'd vowed to destroy. Or at least that's what I got out of it.

@Ryu

Speaking of that new form, I happened to make the observation that it has the SSJR aura.

Perhaps the form made Fusion Zamasu stronger? But hey, that's just a theory. A Game Theory.

This episode was awesome! I don't get why people are so mad at Vegito's time limit! It makes so much sense! Not only that and it'S called the FUTURE TRUNKS ARC. Of course Future Trunks is gonna get the final kill (technically). And why be mad at the Zeno wiping out Zamasu thing? It will show off some of the power Zeno has! This is easily my second favorite arc behind the Cell Saga!

@Celestial I understand those criticisms. What I'm just happy that Trunks gets gets to have his victories and his special moments happening in this arc.

And while learning new techniques instantly and pulling powers out of one's ass aren't good things for a character, Goku has been doing that pretty much the entire series now.

So for Trunks having these things happen is a bit more forgivable to me. Especially since (not to upset Goku fans since I love him too), Trunks has worked harder, sacrifised more, suffered more and is a better character than Goku in my opinion.

If there is only 1 omni-king would that put him at nigh-omnipresence? Especially since he is going to appear in a different timeline instantly

So a Fusion fails via time limit and then a Spirit Bomb is used to the thing the fusion failed to do and finish off the antagonist, well, his physical body anyway, Vegito got the Gogeta treatment, SSJB Vegito and SSJ4 Gogeta, 2 insanely powerful fusions in their respective shows fail and the Spirit Bomb is the next option, feels really GT

DBZMLP12345 said:
So a Fusion fails via time limit and then a Spirit Bomb is used to the thing the fusion failed to do and finish off the antagonist, well, his physical body anyway, Vegito got the Gogeta treatment, SSJB Vegito and SSJ4 Gogeta, 2 insanely powerful fusions in their respective shows fail and the Spirit Bomb is the next option, feels really GT
Except this time, the execution and awesomeness was WAY better.

@Ryukama i understand your viewpoint, however i don't agree with saying that trunks has worked harder than goku. I agree trunks is a better character but besides from training to get ssj2 on his own in like what 15 years, which is totally reasonable as goku and vegeta did it in 7, he hasn't worked for anything this arc.

Goku and vegeta have been constantly working hard and trying to get stronger, after all the training they did in the HTC and the fights they have been through and again getting stronger it doesn't sit right with me that trunks out of nowhere just gets a new transformation. There was no foreshadowing or build up, with every transformation there was at least some, ssj was hinted at throughout the entire freeza saga, gohan had hidden power and we knew goku had a plan to beat cell, after 7 years of training it makes sense for goku to have gotten ssj2 and even went beyond that.

Trunks this arc has just been given stuff left and right, a new transformation, learning the mafuba in 5 minutes when a goku who is so strong at this point could only do it in a few hours and now he is doing the spirit bomb with no prior training? I think the amount of stuff he has been handed this arc is ridiculous. They should have at least had vegeta teach trunks how to use god ki and i could swallow this better.

Goku has also had a bit of pis this arc as well, makes no sense how he was able to be even with a fused zamasu in a ki struggle.

@Celestial Maybe Trunks hasn't worked out as much as Goku, but all of the constant loss and emotional/physical suffering Trunks has gone through, I believe he has struggled more and (from a thematic sense of "earn your happy ending") has worked harder than Goku to achieve his goals.

Also Goku was able to learn kamehameha just by looking at it, not even practicing it a little like Trunks. He invented his own martial art style against Jackie Chun on the spot. He learnt how to cancel out Beerus's attacks in just a few attempts on the spot. He was suddenly able to stack Kaio-Ken on his Super Saiyan Blue and randomly get a plot convienent resistance to Time Stop, etc. And Super Saiyan 3 had no foreshadowing or build up.

While Goku did considerably train beforehand, he primarily got his SSJ1 form through emotional turmoil, which fits into how Trunks got his new form.

I agree that the execution for Trunks' new powers are off, though I believe Goku is much more guilty of similar things throughout the series and does not have the character and developement that (at least in my opinion) grants those things some forgivability.

But of course I respect your opinion regardless.

The entire point of "Super Trunks" was to mirror Gohan so im ok with it since its pretty much rage boost the transformation.

Yeah but super trunks boost is ridiculous compared to ssj 2 and how much easier he got through the billions in power gap between them(not including the outliner part of him holding his own against zamasu).

Emotional loss and rage has always been able to power up characters though i still say it has not been executed to my liking this arc, it could be said that goku had a good deal of emotional stress this arc the guy who stole his body then proceeded to murder him and his family with his body. Despite that all goku got was a rage boost not an entirely new transformation with no training or build up or hint towards it that if we are looking at it from a vs standpoint puts him from solar system level to universe like what trunks has done.

Goku has always been said to be a fighting prodigy so him learning the kamehameha by just looking makes sense, what about trunks when has he ever been said to be a prodigy? From what we are seeing him do now he clearly is, he has far more potential than goku or even gohan going by what he has been doing, in those other two cases both had been built up to be prodigies or had hidden power which is not the case with trunks

Ssj3 did come out of nowhere but it made sense given goku's years of training, time stop resistance i agree is pis, ssj blue with kaioken came out of nowhere but we got an explanation for it that made sense, trunk's super form hasn't gotten any explanation whatsoever

Anyway i respect your opinion, lets agree to disagree.

This episode reminded me of another show with an immortal giant, and the almighty villain who gets cut in half by a sword, because of PIS.

I'm pissed at the DOUBLE NERF that was given to the Potara earrings, now it's a hour and the Fusion lasted probably less then SSJ4 Gogetas. I call BULLSHIT that Gowasu knows more about the Potara than Elder Kai, especially such a massive detail. Well thank god Vegito timed that shit perfectly against buu, a few more seconds toying with buu would of royally f**ked them.

Also, i'm annoyed at how Trunks' has become a walking deus ex machina over the course of this arc. His power is way to inconsistent. what the hell was that?? Genkidama spirit sword??? I got to say, it was on some Fairy Tail friendship bs.

So this episode in short, Vegito becomes Gogeta and Trunks unlocks his bankai.

Funny how everyone is saying it was an awful episode when the animation and fights were amazing.

Just cause Vegito didn't last 1 episode doesnt mean you gotta hate it. As for the potara having a weakness, herms clearly translated that the weakness WAS there during the buu saga, and thats why he defused in DBZ- It wasn't introduced out of no where.

As for the Trunks moments, this isn't a arc about (good) Goku. It's about Future Trunks and his story. Honestly I dont give a shit about vegito not staying long- thats in fusion characters overall, they are supposed to be used in a dire circumstance. I can almost garauntee if Vegito came in and defeated Zamasu people would still complain.

Too be fair if vegito defeated zamasu it would only have been his physical body. Ultimately they still would have pressed the button since they can't really damage that new form of zamasu.

It may be his fate that Vegito never finish his job LOL

It is even worse than Gotenk

but in other POV their power is a lot greater than (average)god so god's tool won't have full effect on them anymore ,They are a lot stronger than buu saga after all

But Trunk's Spirit ball slash is Epic. Dragon ball need Spirit ball to be this Epic,Ants can kill elephant so in same way mortal can kill a god!! all hail Strength in Unity!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragonball teach a lot of kids power of unity since old day by spiritball!

May I ask about Trunk super form?

How can he got this?

got beat by god and one who have power of god and absorb god power in process +some rageboost=half super saiyan god ?

or this is super saiyan god for half saiyan?

May gohan got this form in future?

We never know LOL

Trunks did traint with Vegeta.And probably new form because of rage(what else) ?

Also that spirit sword was amazing,just EPIC

OMG that was terrible Vegeta lasted for only like 10 minutes and power balance is just ridiculous , Zamasu was losing to goku just a moment ago and then heh ave the power to stand up to SSB Vegito , dude even base vegito will be leags above Goku who humiliate him

then trunks yet again fight someone who is legs above him and lastly he pull spirit bomb out of no where BIG BS YET AGAIN !!!

that was terrible what a way to end the arc , they putted vegito as mere fanservice they wanted all along to give all the glory to Trunks , and the excuse of him being half mortal is weak seriously dude why did you even fused ? Black could just self improve until he kic thier asses like before and there no way they could get rid of zamaus alone because he is 100% immortal

Also how many people were onm earth to give Trunks a power in the first place ? there were only few of them , hell this shit didn't work with buu when you had the earth full of people not just 30-40 remaining and Goku and vegeta barly had any power left

Talking about killing my hype

Well you know fusion never defeated an anime in the entire series , i mean the technic was used 5 times through the series there never once they defeated an anime with it "beside the movie maybe " they always fail also the fusion seems useless the more powerful you are hell SSB vegito lasted shorter than SS4 Gogeta

i still call bullshit on Vegtio turning into gogeta of all sudden , what a surprise their timing fitted perfectly with buu or he would f*ck then harder than ever buu did it just at right time , they never once stated that potara fusion have a time limit or any weakness unlike the fusion dance hell if they were planning on using that excuses to give Trunks the spotlight they should just go with gogeta instead of nearfing Vegito outta nowhere

Elder kai know shit

Wait, the Potara fusion has a time limit now, for those who are not Supreme Kais? Then, why is Old Kai still fused with the Old Witch? Did they specify if both individuals have to be Supreme Kais or not? Sounds like more DBS nonsense to me, and Trunks consistently getting more insane power-ups in this arc, lol!?

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
Wait, the Potara fusion has a time limit now, for those who are not Supreme Kais? Then, why is Old Kai still fused with the Old Witch? Did they specify if both individuals have to be Supreme Kais or not? Sounds like more DBS nonsense to me, and Trunks consistently getting more insane power-ups in this arc, lol!?
They didnt specify but since Old Kai is a fusion with only 1 Kaioshin and Kibitoshin was a fusion between only 1 kaioshin (kibith isnt a kaioshin), we can assume 1 kaioshin is enough

I completely agree with Celestial Pegasus! The whole episode was PIS. Even from the previous one you could see that plot nerfed Merged Zamasu so many times that sometimes I believed him to be weaker than Black.

Let's talk about some things:

• Merged Zamasu who is stronger than Black only uses his Ki Blade and not Black's Advanced Ki Blade attacks like the Scythe. SERIOUSLY? Black even now with his clones would have won against the heroes. Why Merged Zasamu doesn't do the same? NERF.
  • Nerf of the Potara. Both power wize since Zamasu felt weaker and time wise about Vegito.
  • Trunks is the whole PIS in the episode. Don't get me wrong I like character development BUT things like humans give him his Genki/Ki along with the earth and a new energy sword can make hate the character becay=use the come out of NOWHERE!
  • Goku's Spirit Bomb from 7 billion people and Earth killed Kid Buu who is tiers below Merged Zamasu and a Spirit Bomb far weaker than that did the trick here?
  • Trunks magically has an energy sword? Zamasu had years to master Ki blade manipulation...
  • Trunks couldn't keep with Zamasu previously which is logically and can and he can spar with him in a Ki Blade battle?
  • So many things in one episode that felt beyond rushed.
What a BAD WAY to end an impressive arc but I am glad that Trunks didn't kill Zamasu because he is immortal in the end.

HokageMangaVox said:
Villain Zamasu:
Madara was immortal and needed to be sealed like Kaguya in the end... Lol for the picture though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back