• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't feel DBZ. There isn't a main villian. The story is simple, win tournament or die. I miss Zamasu's arc. I don't care about the feats that much, but having them fight in a small stage is boring to me. I guess is just wishful thinking of having the theme of old DBZ fights back.

I mean, tournament style has been a thing pre-DBZ. But that's not what you're getting at, so I'll appreciate your sentiment.

I mean, DBZ plots were always simple.

Saiyan Saga: Beat the Saiyans and Survive

Namek/Frieza Saga: Gather the Dragon Balls and Revive everyone.

Cell Saga: Stop the Androids and Cell. Win the Tournament.

Buu Saga: Stop Majin Buu

Battle of Gods Arc: Become a SSJ God and fight Beerus

RoF Arc: Defeat Frieza

U6 Arc: Win the Tournament

Goku Black Arc: Defeat Zamasu and Goku Black

Universal Survival Arc: Win the tournament and survive or be destroyed.

You don't need a villain to be DBZ. The fights in this arc remind me of DBZ as well. There no longer needs to be 1 v 1 fights. The fights imo are much better than DBZ. The Battle Royale concept is something new an refreshing. From what I've seen, nothing has changed since DBZ. It is just that we don't have an evil villain of the day each arc. And there doesn't need to be. So I disagree. This arc has fulfilled me more than DBZ ever had.

They have, and there's always been something else to it. Except the tournaments in early Dragon Ball. I can't hype myself for any upcoming episode. I need help.

AppleLord said:
They have, and there's always been something else to it. Except the tournaments in early Dragon Ball. I can't hype myself for any upcoming episode. I need help.
But there is something to it. The idea of you losing and having you AND your entire universe erased is adding tension to what could have been a simple tournament. We don't need a villain. We just need a wall (In this case Jiren) and the rules of the tournament to feel the tension and intensity.

The first 4 arcs of DB had no serious villains (other then Tao I guess) and are arguably the best part of DB.

They are hyping Jiren the same way Roshi and Tien were hyped up back in the day.

The rules are not that exiting, the universes going boom lacks tension. We can assume the Super Dragon Balls are gonna be use to bring them back. Even if they aren't brought back, we lack connection to any of the characters on the other universes. Who here will cry if Universe 9 is destroyed? Maybe U6. But the others? Liking a character for his design doesn't count for everyone. Jiren is a threat, yet ...he is suppose to be a good guy. I don't like this arc so far. I was thinking about dropping DBS and comeback once the arc ends.

@RadicalMrR I watched DBZ first, DB was boring to me at the beginning. I did finished. This current is nothing more but a tournament, you can't compare it to early Dragon Ball where tournaments were more than just a tournament.

"The rules are not that exiting, the universes going boom lacks tension."

Except it does? Knowing countless lives are going to be erased effortlessly is very unsettling and brings forth tension as we have all these warriors fighting their hardest to survive. Whether we know the characters or not does not change the separation and tension whatsoever. And technically you can play the "Dragon Balls" or "predictable" card in every arc. We all know the main characters will win and anyone who dies will likely comeback via the Dragon Balls. Doesn't stop tension.

" Jiren is a threat, yet ...he is suppose to be a good guy."

Doesn't need the villain to add tension and be a wall. The simple fact that we have someone who is so powerful that he could endanger the survival of our characters is more than enough. Same can be said for Hit as well. Any powerhouse in the tournament adds tension. Frieza's possible betrayal and such also adds a ton of tension. Overall, allignment does not matter.

"This current is nothing more but a tournament, you can't compare it to early Dragon Ball where tournaments were more than just a tournament."

Nothing more than a tournament? Dude, the is literally a Multiversal Survival match. This is more than a simple tournament when you realize not just a planet, but the entire universe is at stake. The stakes are much higher than anything previously shown. Unliike the other tournaments, if you lose, you and your entire universe is erased from existence.

"I don't like this arc so far. I was thinking about dropping DBS and comeback once the arc ends."

While I am vehemently against your reasoning. If that's what you feel, go ahead.

The fate of the hole universe? Hasn't Universe 7 gone through so much destruction there is like 27 or 38 planets with life on them? I wouldn't call that a universe.

I still think it is a good arc so far. These new characters are very different even though most are fodder they still have unique designs and even names!

I just hope some people don't go down like chumps (Hit)

"The fate of the hole universe? Hasn't Universe 7 gone through so much destruction there is like 27 or 38 planets with life on them? I wouldn't call that a universe."

...You're missing the point....

@Dragonmasterxyz

No I got your point, I was just making a little funny. Think about, should we root for a universe that has unfathomably less people then the others, the other universe have more innocent lives (far as we know).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"The fate of the hole universe? Hasn't Universe 7 gone through so much destruction there is like 27 or 38 planets with life on them? I wouldn't call that a universe."

...You're missing the point....
Your sarcasm sensing ability needs improvement

Kinda hard to tell without any obvious jokes or emoticons. His comment could really have been taken seriously. But I digress.

Yeah, was never really good at making jokes, I'm more of a serious person.

I wouldn't say he'd be Haxless, he'd probably have one good tax ability.

Are you aware of the spoiler ??? Caulifla will ask Goku how to turn into SSJ blue In episode 100 and Kale will be jealous of goku ....

DodoNova2 said:
Are you aware of the spoiler ??? Caulifla will ask Goku how to turn into SSJ blue In episode 100 and Kale will be jealous of goku ....
We know but we don't care since all that will come from it is fem broly ripoff annihilating fodder only to then get fodderised by jiren shortly afterwards.

Derpmaster9000 said:
FTW395 said:
Ssr4vegito said:
Calling it Jiren will be haxless
Seconding that, he'll just be really really strong.
Translation: same old shit with zero innovation.
Hopefully not. Hit seemed like he would go down that route initially but ended up being decently haxed. Same with Merged Zamasu.

Jiren's hype is to big, he has to have something other than raw power.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Jiren's hype is to big, he has to have something other than raw power.
Remember bro this is toriyama and toei we are talking about so I wouldn't hold my breath on that even if hit got some decent hax.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Yeah, it would be a shame if they didn't give him something.
On another note griffin what hax would you like jiren to have that sets him apart from the rest of the fighters? Mine personally would be a strong form of precognition and some decent spatial manipulation.

I tell you the BS Level will go over 9,000!!!!! And all scouters in fiction will explode If Califa pulls out SSB, learning SS was fine, learning SS2 in the same day was WTF but this will be next level BS if she gets SSB but i wouldn't put it past them.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I tell you the BS Level will go over 9,000!!!!! And all scouters in fiction will explode If Califa pulls out SSB, learning SS was fine, learning SS2 in the same day was WTF but this will be next level BS if she gets SSB but i wouldn't put it past them.
An over 9000 joke in a dbs thread BOY DO YOU DARE??!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back