• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZERO7772 said:
How tall is Jiren again? He look barely taller than Goku when they stand against each other but in every other scene he tower above everyone else not named Toppo.
Goku is supposed to be 175cm tall and weight 65 Kg, that alone should tell you to ignore everything size and weight related in DB

Goku is supposed to be 175cm tall and weight 65 Kg, that alone should tell you to ignore everything size and weight related in DB

I mean, I can buy Goku being 175cm "his hair make him look a lot taller" but no way he's just 65kg with all those muscles lol

MonzyMonz said:
Dragon Ball Super is coming back.
Sorry if I ruined anything, I had to be THAT kid.
You didn't ruin anything lol

Warren Valion said:
It's the 8th for me.
Not for Japan. They must be celebrating it, altough I think it might be very early morning there right now.

they did not announce dbs return.....only sdbh world mission

geekdom was wrong.....ajay was wrong.....dbs is not coming back in july otherwise they should announced it by now

How many times did they hype up "The grand DBS return" and nothing happens? This is funny at this point.

I mean, we all know it will come back at some point "cuz money" but they seriouly need to give it a rest for now.

Either they have been trolled by their 13 insider sources, or Toei is constantly trolling them. Guess what excuse they'll make this time lol.

ZERO7772 said:
How many times did they hype up "The grand DBS tour" and nothing happens? This is funny at this point.
I mean, we all know it will come back at some point "cuz money" but they seriouly need to give it a rest for now.
Yeah I agree it's getting tiring. That's why I've logged out of DB news until it actually comes back.

It's pathetic fanservice lol

>Implying DBS is not a pathetic fanservice.

Everything after DBZ is a fan-service cash grab. DBH is just a extreme example.

Speaking of cash

D6HJl91X4AAYmqH
The forecast for fiscal year 2019 was just 80 billion ye for DB. And it made 129 billion ye. Despite being not on air, it did much better than last year when it was on air lol.

Why would they spend money on creating anime when they can just sit there and make more money lmao

That's because of DBS Movie Broly, DBS Manga, Super Dragon Ball Heroes Arcade, Video Games, Trading Cards, Etc...

The anime will return in the Summer, I think...

I mean DB was doing well on pure Merch and the occasional OVA after GT ended, what else is new? ovo

ZERO7772 said:
So, did the novel mention if Gogeta used his full power near the end of the fight or not? Was that his full output or just a hint of true power?
Kinda a bit late, but heres what the novel has to say about that fight

The dude in kanzenshuu (MShadows) was nice enought to translate and provide raws

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/dragon-ball-super-broly-novel-translations.1158464/

This part is after the stardust braker (Brolys final power up)

"With a tremendous shout, Broly blows away the flames that were engulfing him. Afterwards, letting out a ferocious growl he goes low and dashes forward leaving behind a shock wave.

But even after seeing that Gogeta did not move. Just as Broly's kick was about to hit, Gogeta softly ascends and then comes down with a counter kick. Broly blocks it by crossing his arms, but since his side was wide open Gogeta lands a direct roundhouse kick on him.

Broly gets blown away, but as he lands he readies his stance in order to launch a ki blast. Gogeta dodges the massive energy blast coming his way by simply leaning back with half his body, and then dashes instantly towards Broly with a punch.

As Broly is being blown away, he launches a volley of continuous ki blasts from his palm. Gogeta easily dodges them and then begins a continuous assault of punches on Broly.

Gogeta pulls back from the now swirling Broly, crosses his arms and raises his ki. Astonished at the surging pressure, Broly used what power he had left to prepare to intercept him.

Gogeta and Broly's fists collided. The sheer pressure of their clash blows away the surroundings and lava erupts from the ground. Broly could be seen screaming as if crying for help as he had been blown away by the impact. His hair had turned back golden and his facial expression was distorted with pain.

Gogeta pursued him instantly, and drove a fist packed with enough ki straight into Broly's stomach. As Broly is blown away, he moves in and lands another hit. He then accelerates and drives a fist charged with compressed ki into him.

Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion.

The resulting shock wave could be felt all the way to the high ground where Bulma had taken refuge and had been watching the battle unfold with Whis.

"Amazing!" Whis said with praise. "I believe this should settle the match."

Meanwhile, Gogeta had assumed the charging pose of the Kamehameha. Gogeta lowers his waist and gathers his hands together around hip level.

"Ka21:21, May 10, 2019 (UTC)~~"

Between his cupped hands, a sparkling ball of ki began to form and gradually increase in size.

"Me21:21, May 10, 2019 (UTC)~~"

On the other side of the dust that was being blown away by the wind, a Broly who was tumbling as he tried to get up could be seen.

"Ha21:21, May 10, 2019 (UTC)~~ Me21:21, May 10, 2019 (UTC)~~"

Having completely lost the will to fight, Broly began to mumble in fear.

"A... A... A..."

"HAAA21:21, May 10, 2019 (UTC)~~!!"

The Kamehameha Gogeta had launched was shaking the very ground. As the light holding catastrophic levels of power approached Broly, all he could do was cower in fear.

Just then! "Please send Broly back to the planet from where he came from!" Cheelay's words resounded as she shouted. In an instant of motionlessness, Shenron made Broly disappear.

After Gogeta finished firing off his Kamehameha, an expression of surprise could be seen on his face as he witnessed Broly disappear in a flash of light. That light had instantly crossed a long distance and reached a planet with a rather rugged landscape. That planet was Planet Vampa.

When he came to realize, Broly was sitting by himself in a terribly familiar place. That dreadful enemy was no longer around. That unpleasant white guy was no where to be seen either. His whole body hurt, so much that he couldn't even breathe. But even so... Overlooking the nostalgic landscape before him, Broly thought... Even so, Broly was free. "

Nothing about Gogeta using his full power. It affirms how far superior Gogeta was compared to broly, and how easily he was dodging and pummeling him.

Wait, 'Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion.'

Does that mean Gogeta has paralysis and can make people explode from inside ?

Dragomer said:
Wait, 'Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion.'

The movie showed it as such. You literally see broly paralized, and you see gogeta detonate the energy he inserted into broly.

Novel explains pretty much what happens in the movie.

Ovrhide said:
Dragomer said:

The movie showed it as such. You literally see broly paralized, and you see gogeta detonate the energy he inserted into broly.
Novel explains pretty much what happens in the movie.
Well yeah, i see what scene they are refering to but it's not how i had interpreted it, it's a pretty interesting trick.

It's a good thing the novel is considered canon, it make stuff like that much clearer.

Yes, the novel makes it clear that Gogeta was stomping Broly casually the entire fight. Gogeta also does, indeed, have paralysis from Goku.

I wonder how massive the gap between ssj broly and FP ssj broly is. I know gogeta was too much for him, but going from ssj fusion tier, to god form fusion tier is outstanding.

Well, Base Gogeta was handling Broly fine (the novel describing him as easily dodging all of SS Broly's attacks) but he felt compelled to go Super Saiyan anyways. He and Broly were complete equals until Broly went full power and forced Gogeta to go Blue.

Considering Base Gogeta went Super and could handle SS Broly just fine, I'd wager that FPSS Broly is probably around SSG Gogeta, maybe weaker.

Prett sure he's stronger than SSG if Gogeta skipped right to blue. Higher forms shorter the fusion time limit, If Gogeta didn't feel the need to he wouldn't have used his strongest form.

Dragomer said:
Gogeta punched Broly, and Broly is suddenly trapped under Gogeta's blue ki which also had electrocution effects. Gogeta makes him float in the air and explodes him. That was pretty badass.

It's explosion manipulation too, aside from paralysis. But again, literally every DB character has explosions.

Fusions are OP. If Kelfa managed to cause UI omen Goku some trouble, then Gogeta would demolish Broly at full power no sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back