• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should return before Olympics at the very least.

PaChi2 said:
Someday they will make Super Saiyan Green. Im calling it now.
We actually got a glimpse of it in the Broly movie. When Goku tried to transform he looked like he almost went UI but didn't. When Vegeta tried to transform, there was a half a second where he definantly goes what looked like super saiyan green. Perhaps some foreshadowing? Could be new or we could actually come full circle and see Vegeta get the LSSJ transformation for himself. It is depicted as green usually after all.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
You sure he wouldn't become the next Angel Attendant?

Buff angel Attendant ƒñö...
Now I can only think in buff Whis. Thanks.

What other planet? I don't see any.

I just realized what in the world happened to Xeno Trunks' Profile? He was one of the 1st VG Dragon Ball Characters here along with "win via speed and hax" Janemba.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Give it time Warren, this is just a necessary action to counteract the big tiddies.

And then it will be perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
But Thicc Thighs would suffice as well.

Dragomer said:
People dont jump the gun, people read and actually logically come to that conclusion. Its easy to do. Jiren was stronger than belmod, UI Goku stomped that version of jiren, Jiren breaks his limits and gains far greater power, ultimtely gets defeated still. At that point in time UI Goku and Jiren are >>>>>>>>>> Belmod to the point they can actually one shot him. We know from the manga and ocasional battles that hakaishins have in the anime that they are peers in power. Examples are Beerus vs Champa and the gods testing the arena. Manga makes it more obvious by having the gods shit on each other badly. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to believe beerus is above people like Broly, Jiren, UI goku and Gogeta. At best he is peers with them, not above. The burden of proof is on people who support beerus as still being this all powerful god that hasnt been surpassed. We have multiple statements on UI and Jiren, we have two sources on Broly (movie and light novel) and Promotional material as well. Beerus has nothing. He could have later on, but currently no.

Ovrhide said:
You try to mix the anime and the manga despite the very obvious fact that Beerus casualy one shot Vegeta despite telling him he would GoD level in another universe and the anime only saying that Jiren was stronger than his own GoD, the anime and manga are different and neither of them really make it clear cut.

Beerus and Champa never actualy went beyond a slap fight and how strong Champa is has no impact on how strong Belmod is.

No the burden of proof is on those that say Beerus can be currently beaten by Goku as Beerus has been portrayed as invincible in relation to them and their opponents for years and nothing has currently changed in his portrayal and he is still used as a benchmark of power for guys like Broly who casualy dunked on both Goku and Vegeta (and even then it's only 'possibily', Beerus not even bothering to show up despite being obsesed with having a good fight make me doubtful), until it's made clear that they can actualy beat him, you're jumping the gun, just like everyone jumped the gun back when SSJBKK10 made Beerus nervous and everyone was like 'Goku is stronger now !'

And that's all DBS, in DBH, Beerus has been portrayed as downright invincible by anyone that isn't Zeno, the Time Kaioshin even has to explicitly keep him out of the plot since he'd kill everyone, like in Xenovers.

Jesus Christ people stop quitting walls of texts.

Also, I don't think Jiren got THAT much of a boost after he went PTSD, it's not like he was getting one shotted and he was barely able to keep up witg UI. Not to mention he still lost regardless so he wasn't really dozen if times stronger.

Unless Belmod is like the weakest GoD and get one shotted by Beerus, simple scaling tells you Beerus is weaker "until another recton happens"

ZERO7772 said:
Jesus Christ people stop quitting walls of texts.
Also, I don't think Jiren got THAT much of a boost after he went PTSD, it's not like he was getting one shotted and he was barely able to keep up witg UI. Not to mention he still lost regardless so he wasn't really dozen if times stronger.

Unless Belmod is like the weakest GoD and get one shotted by Beerus, simple scaling tells you Beerus is weaker "until another recton happens"
Simple scaling doesn't work on character who weren't directly beaten nor have shown their full power.

Doesn't matter. Fans are not jumping the guns, there is logical argument and many hints and statement that Goku's UI goes beyond the GoD tier period even by the show runners.

It's toei's fault for having inconsistent writing and leading the fans into fake hype everytime despite them not being ready to take the risk and move Goku into the next goal. Their writing also sucks in this regard, they keep making Goku massive power ups yet they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

What was the point of Kaio-ken? It breaks all sense of power scaling and consistency yet they include it anyway because "fan-service"

DBS legit has one of the worst writing in any shounen anime, but they get away with it cuz it use Dragon Ball name.

ZERO7772 said:
Simple scaling not being able to do what you said does matter because it mean of your claims was wrong.

People were saying the same thing for SSJBKK10 Goku and they were jumping the gun and once again, it's DBS stuff, not DBH.

There is no inconsistence here, just people jumping the gun on stuff that wasn't confirmed by the show and then whinning because their gross missinterpretation was ignored by the show.

This isn't part of writing, at best it's art direction and the point of the power up isn't to mean something, it's to be coherent with the self improvement maxim of the franchise, Goku constantly grow stronger because that's what he does and it's his objective, it not leading to omniverse being destroyed everytime he fart isn't bad writing.

It break litteraly none of those, it's just a technique that multiply your power, that's all.

That's blatantly false, DBS writing is perfectly fine, it's not perfect but it's nowhere close to bad, let alone 'amongst the worst', people just seems to like to not pay attention and then complain about 'plot holes' and 'inconsistency' despite it being litteraly addressed in the episodes themself.

The real cal howard said:
Ehhhhhhhhhh...
DBS gave us Infinite Zamasu and "rocks fall everything dies"
I don't see how it's bad writing, nothing was said about it being impossible or not working and having an immortal die from being cut in half like a lot of people seems to want would have been actual bad writing.

And it's nowhere near amongst the worst writing in shonen.

Dude, not a single person likes the end of the FT arc. Infinite Zamasu came out of nowhere even more so than SSJ Rage, was solved by a literal deus ex maxhina, and nullifies the entire point of the arc. The Spirit Sword killing Fusion Zamasu was nothing compared to that. Especially since there were several reasons for it to work, like Fusion Zamasu's corruption weakening the regen (the widely accepted one) and Spirit weapons bypassing regen on the evil like with Buu (speculation on my part).

The real cal howard said:
Dude, not a single person likes the end of the FT arc. Infinite Zamasu came out of nowhere even more so than SSJ Rage, was solved by a literal deus ex maxhina, and nullifies the entire point of the arc. The Spirit Sword killing Fusion Zamasu was nothing compared to that. Especially since there were several reasons for it to work, like Fusion Zamasu's corruption weakening the regen (the widely accepted one) and Spirit weapons bypassing regen on the evil like with Buu (speculation on my part).
His regen being weakened is amongst those 'jump the gun' thing i was talking about, all that was really said was that it ****** him up, not that he wasn't immortal anymore and when they said he was immortal, they were clearly going for 'full immortal', not just having OP regen, which is why he didn't die even after his body was done for, it work with how his immortality was presented and treated.

and no, something coming from nowhere isn't worst writing than something that doesn't make logical sense.

Genkidama stuff never really was ever said to work better on evil though so i find it hard to accept that as a possibility, it would take a huge retcon to work.

And the summon Zeno thing is not bad writing either, it's just the old 'checkhov's gun' trope, if Zeno had given the button to Goku offscreen and it was revealed then, i'd agree with you but as it stand, it's perfectly fine.

Also the point of the future trunks arc was that this timeline was ****** and sometime you just need to cut your lose and just cut off the rotting stuff off, it's basicaly there to show Zeno's place in the universe, when shit went too far south, he is the one who cut it off so the rest doesn't get infected.

Dragomer said:
people just seems to like to not pay attention and then complain about 'plot holes' and 'inconsistency' despite it being litteraly addressed in the episodes themself.
I actually agree with this part. The grand sentiment is that dragon ball is a "turn your brain off" anime i.e. you don't have to pay attention to anything in it and just watch cool fights. Therefore when people see things they missed because they willingly don't wanna pay attention to the explanations they write it off as a plot hole or inconsistentcy(not to say it doesn't have straight up inconsistencies). It's why to this day we have the Goku is a bad father meme and "Goku is a mass murderer" sentiment. Which include....

People wondering why Goku said he can't use Kaioken in normal SSJ when he did so in Z (People never realized it was filler)

People wanting Pikkon in the ToP (People don't realize he's filler and Goku has never met Pikkon)

People swearing that in all the movies Broly only screams Kakarot (He's completely coherent and taunting everyone in the 1st movie, and the second movie he's still capable of speech but says damn near nothing for most of it.)

People still after Gogeta himself flat out says "fusion is not addition" say that fusion is just addition and ignore Vados' statement on Potara.

And the "Goku always wins" when he in fact barely wins unless it's a movie before Super or GT.

And more.

I wouldn't mind the ending if it did't throw Trunks and May into an identical timeline to the one they lost, it makes destroying the previous timeline pointless and mean since you're gonna put them into a copy of it.

Can people stop quoting big walls of text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back