• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobbo said:
Hmm, apparently Broly's Full Power Super Saiyan was a Shintani concept. Makes sense that it wasn't acknowledged at all then, it wouldn't be in Toriyama's script.
The name or the form itself?

So wait, would that mean in Toriyama's script SSJ Broly eventually forces Gogeta to go Blue? Or did Gogeta just stay as a SSJ.

Please don't bring shit about Vic in here. He's already been fired and the investigation is done. There is no reason for either Funimation or any actresses to lie about this. And NPC is one of the most stupid insults ever.

On topic, apparently, FPSSJ Broly was not in Toriyama's script. Does anyone know if Gogeta still used Blue against Broly? If he did I would assume Gogeta would have stomped Broly harder than he already did. Makes sense that Toei would want a homage to LSSJ Broly anyway, even though in the movie itself it comes out of nowhere.

Jobbo said:
Hmm, apparently Broly's Full Power Super Saiyan was a Shintani concept. Makes sense that it wasn't acknowledged at all then, it wouldn't be in Toriyama's script.
Broly transformation into his Legendary form being so underwhelming was one of my problems with the movie as I thought it did a disservice to the legacy of the character and transformation, so this would make a lot of sense.

"And NPC is one of the most stupid insults ever."

Regardless of what I feel about the Vic thing, this I can agree with. Even worse, I can't see NPC being used normally anymore without thinking it has something to do with politics.

"Please don't bring shit about Vic in here. He's already been fired and the investigation is done. There is no reason for either Funimation or any actresses to lie about this."

Yes, there is. Simply put, this investigation is not shown to us, and the evidence these VA's have shown was not sufficient. A company can fire someone for any reason. Until we see the real evidence, what we have seen is not enough as it all has been debunked. There are literally entire videos detailing this, I can link it to you if you wish. These actresses are full of shit and have more than enough reason to lie. So I don't see where this "no reason to lie" nonsense comes from as it is hogwash. So until the evidence has been brought to light and he has been declared guilty in a court of law, none of this stands. That's the simple fact of the matter.

Most insults are inherently stupid though. Like, there was a word that used to refer to bundles of sticks and is now derogatory (Obviously not saying it in case of the Fandom stuff)

@Super I think we can talk about the Vic situation as much as we want. Not only is the 'investigation' unofficial but Funimation and the actresses literally have a bunch of reasons to lie (Cough cough like PR or virtue points just from the top of my head)

Wow.

I expected better from our staff. Smh. Ban this Vic topic plz.

You guys are absolutely misguided by the way. Your bias is creating nonsensical arguments. And you guys go on and on about Occam's razor. Have y'all seen the casual witness accounts from YEARS ago? It's not just opportunistic assholes— who have no motive at all to lie, by the way, and it's DECADES of information.

Disgusting. Ban this topic, because it's going to be a shit storm. And i'm the one who'll come out on top. Lol

While I support Vic, both sides of the debate are actually terrible. On the pro side, there's so much evidence against Vic having done bad things that this should've been a no-brainer, and nobody wants to sign yaoi fanart like that.

On the opposite side, that side has people who act like women shouldn't have rights (I have actually seen those comments on the Vic debate) and are completely apathetic to the fact that people actually do get sexually harassed under the radar and probably would victim blame actual victims of sexual abuse.

I've said this before. Both sides of the political spectrum are absolute trash. One wants to be offended by everything and censor to hell and back. The other wants to outright offend and insult and belittle everyone.

And the harassment on both sides is disgusting.

Amexim said:
Wow.

I expected better from our staff. Smh. Ban this Vic topic plz.

You guys are absolutely misguided by the way. Your bias is creating nonsensical arguments. And you guys go on and on about Occam's razor. Have y'all seen the casual witness accounts from YEARS ago? It's not just opportunistic assholes— who have no motive at all to lie, by the way, and it's DECADES of information.

Disgusting. Ban this topic, because it's going to be a shit storm. And i'm the one who'll come out on top. Lol
This isn't even as bad as the RWBY threads lol. No on ever comes on top of anything.

Omg. Cal stop talking. Plz. Ban this topic before I come at EVERY STAFF MEMBER'S NECK. If we can't discuss politics, we can discuss this.

If the topic isn't banned soon, let the record show that the anti-Vic side had made an effort to avoid this topic.

Amexim what's wrong with you right now? It was a normal discussion until you tried esculating this?

Both the anti-Vic and pro-Vic were okay before you started acting like this, and now threatening people?

And I don't think calling the anti-Vic sides NPCs is peaceful. I'm also asking you to ban the topic, while you OPENLY wish to debate.

How about you stop acting so condescending? Bias? If he did it, he did it. But from the info we have seen and the witness accounts with no evidence. I have no reason to believe it outside of it being another #metoo situation.

Can you link these accounts from years ago? What were these accounts? As I can link you things discussing things and going against the largest bits of information. I got a list of videos I can link. There are many reasons to lie. If I see the evidence, I'll happily back down. But as of this moment, the evidence seen is not sufficient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3soKn-m0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDPM4djy_k&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96PpMCaFqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9oDQpNy-o&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-1ZCOVgoL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ZB_13g4-I

Okay sure. "Ban this topic before I come at EVERY STAFF MEMBER'S NECK."

Regardless, you need to chill down. There was 0 problems before people starting saying the convo was banned, and you're the only escalating this. Just let the anti-vic and pro-vic sides talk, if this actually gets too bad, then I'll step in.

Trust me, I'm aware. I'm coming at your neck doesn't mean that you're going to have a debate with someone. It means you're going to grind them up. Insult. Battle. It has a negative connotation unless it's between friends.

Also, keep in mind I was taking a neutral stance, pointing out the flaws in both sides, and condemning the harassment of Monica Rial and the others along with the derogatory comments of the pro-Vic side about victims and women.

If you really wanted to make an effort to avoid a certain topic would be you acting completely neutral and asking for the topic to be banned politely.

You clearly didn't as you make your point of the argument very clear (and quite superciliously I might add) and THEN asked for the topic to be banned.

That literally just ignites more people to talk about the topic while simultaneously trying to silence the discussion, and you should know that.

Naturally it would be smart to stop allowing discourse about a topic like this, because it WILL lead to toxic places, if not by me than someone else. And I fight REALLY dirty when it comes to these types of things. So, I would think our staff would be smart enough to recognize a problem like this.

Amexim said:
Naturally it would be smart to stop allowing discourse about a topic like this, because it WILL lead to toxic places, if not by me than someone else. And I fight REALLY dirty when it comes to these types of things. So, I would think our staff would be smart enough to recognize a problem like this.
So you are choosing to be an aggressive party. That's basically what you are saying. That responsibility is on you as that would be your choice. Anything that happens due to this is on you.

??? Are you not listening man? At this point the only one who is starting drama is you.

" And I fight REALLY dirty when it comes to these types of things. So, I would think our staff would be smart enough to recognize a problem like this."

...You do know you're calling yourself the problem right since no one else is. You shouldn't assume a debate while go toxic when it hasn't.

I mean, i'm saying that we shouldn't talk about this before I lose my cool. Because right now, you all seem like horrible people to me. To me, people who die hard defend this man are horrible human beings, or really stupid ones. And I would rather not have this community be set up in flames by OTHER PEOPLE like me. It would make sense to ban this topic.

Amexim said:
If the topic isn't banned soon, let the record show that the anti-Vic side had made an effort to avoid this topic.
Low-tier bait. Try again lmao!

You want to start up shit over nothing. Just chill dude...

I have absolutely no reason towards you guys in a meek apologetic manner if the first thing I read from you staff is frustration at how wrong they're treating your favorite voice actor. As if it's your job to voice your opinion on a topic you KNOW is controversial. You guys should be better than this. Better than ME in this regard.

So essentially:

You can't handle other opinions on this topic and are calling us all stupid and horrible. Have you no sense of self-awareness? I'm just gonna ban you at this point until you chill.

Amexim said:
You talk about toxicity but it was civil until you came.

Amexim said:
I mean, i'm saying that we shouldn't talk about this before I lose my cool. Because right now, you all seem like horrible people to me. To me, people who die hard defend this man are horrible human beings, or really stupid ones. And I would rather not have this community be set up in flames by OTHER PEOPLE like me. It would make sense to ban this topic.
Then maybe you should leave until the Vic situation blows over if you can't physically control yourself from acting in such an aggressive manner.

Stop yourself because you are the problem in this conversation, not others.

Even if you guys had this opinion, you should really know to keep it to yourself on the internet site where your JOB is to preserve peace.

@Amexim, our job is to preserve peace by banning or talking out the issue, we tried talking and you are the issue.

@Everyone else, I blocked him until he chills out. If you're anti-vic or pro-vic, please have a rational discussion, thank you.

@Casuality there is no problem, at least until Amexim started one. Let's just drop the discussion about Amexim and get back to whatever was being discussed (Vic discussion was actually stopped before he got here, we were discussing the Broly FP transformation not being part of the script)

The Causality said:
Someone can summarize what is the problem here?
Amexim tried inciting everyone talking about the Vic situation by saying he would passionately defend his side of the argument.

Then he immediately wanted the Vic talk to be banned because he said it would incite controversy and chaos, even though he was the only one making a relatively peaceful conversation chaotic.

Going to the point of calling all of us horrible or dumb people and basically implying that the staff members here are being incompetent at their jobs of preserving peace.

For his inability to handle others' opinions on the topic like an adult, and for his rather trollish attitude about said topic, SomebodyData temp-ban Amexim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back