• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a- Sorbet being the only soldier left makes sense, since at the time, he was the last one on Earth. We don't know anything about the current Frieza force so assuming that there was an inconsistency or retcon seems unfounded. b- Wasn't that the movie only?

Wasn't that power level only after he got completely knocked out by Dodoria? It should also be mentioned that we don't know what happened after Minus, for all we know he also got a zenkai.

That seems to be more assumption than anything. We don't know how they would be treated as kids.

It's never stated that this Bardock is too weak to be at elite status. I don't know where you pulled that from.

And yes the movie has Frieza saying that.....the anime has no such thing

Raditz wasn't a common soldier like a just said. The majority were low class saiyans like Goku, Gine, and Bardock. There were a grand total of 10 "mid class" Saiyans which both Nappa and Raditz were apart of. The only elites were the Vegetas. It makes perfect sense for Raditz to be teamed up with Vegeta.

Raditz was not a mid class. He was a low class. This was stated in the series and manga, and numerous times in official sources. Nappa and Vegeta both joke about what a weakling he was.

In the anime and manga, Nappa was stated to be an elite, not a mid class. Middle class Saiyans were never mentioned in the manga or anime. In more recent interviews, Akira retconned this by stating that only the Vegetas were elites, forgetting that Nappa was stated to be an elite as well. This was also said in Kai. At the 4:40 mark of this video, he says that he is an elite. This is another example of Akira's terrible memory causing him to retcon things, like how he recently said the Saibamen were discovered on a planet near Vegeta, when years ago, he stated that they were created by a Saiyan scientist using biotech.

And no, Bardocks PL was said to be near 10,000 before he was attacked by Dodoria.

If I recall, his power was stated to approach King Vegeta's while or after he got out of the healing pod from fighting Kanasans.

Bardock rebellion and last stand is canon and was shown in the original manga, which the special took inspiration from.

ByAsura said:
If I recall, his power was stated to approach King Vegeta's while or after he got out of the healing pod from fighting Kanasans.
That was english dub only.

Saint rider 890 said:
So since movie recont Bardock special can anyone calc Frieza destroy planet vegeta ?
DoowRI6U8AEMO9x
We see the Supernova entering the planet in the trailer, but we may need the full scene in order to calc it. Planet Vegeta looks like this in the canon continuity.

ZERO7772 said:
Bardock rebellion and last stand is canon and was shown in the original manga, which the special took inspiration from.
Only a panel was shown... And that's because Tori liked Bardock...

Only a panel was shown... And that's because Tori liked Bardock...

Your point being? The TV special is still more consistent with the original story than the DB minus

Tbh at this point what is canon and what is not doesn't matter. They keep changing the events and the history with what they want to work with the on going plot.

Obviously they have to retcon stuff one day or another to fit current stories, Star Wars did it, Harry Potter did it etc,

I am not complaining about the concept of recton really. just pointing out to people who think the TV special was entirely Toei idea

ZERO7772 said:
I am not complaining about the concept of recton really. just pointing out to people who think the TV special was entirely Toei idea
I think it was. (the story to be exact) It was released in October 1990 and the manga chapter that had panel of Bardock in 1991. Toriyama said that he liked the final material so he added a scene/panel to the manga...

@Frieza

He was a mid class during an interview that's on twitter, it was revealed how many mid class Saiyans they're were and that both nappa and raditz belonged in this catagory. He even brags about it to Goku and Piccolo. Nappa and Vegeta joking about how weak he was have nothing to do with it. Alongside that they never said Raditz was a low class

He stated that Nappa was a Mid Class warrior and seeing the gap between them it makes sense. Also the video you gave was not only the anime, which is still regarded as non canon, but dubbed as well. Also he stated both. The saiyans were capable of artificially creating their own.

And this has to do with minus Bardock because? Nothing was ever said about Minus Bardock's power.

Bardock is a lucky bastard for having someone like Gine as a wife! In fact most of DBZ male characters are lucky bastards (Goku X Chi-Chi, Krillin X Android 18, Gohan X Videl, Vegeta X Bulma, Master Roshi X **** Magazine, etc.) except for Yamcha lol. That sh*t reminds me a lot of Fairy Tail, where most of the male characters there are also lucky bastards with hot girls!

@ HST master: Are you talking about this interview? He didn't state that Raditz was a mid class warrior. He stated that Saiyans had their PLs measured when they were babies, and if they were too low, they either became engineers or were sent off as infiltration babies. Raditz had a PL higher than that and was regarded as an upper level warrior, allowing him to become a combatant. Saying he was an upper level warrior does not mean he was considered a middle class warrior, It means he was considered above the lower levels of Saiyans like his mother. Remember, all but 12 Saiyans (13 if we are counting Vegetas unseen mother) were considered low class. Bardock was said to be higher up than most Saiyans, though not quite mid class territory. Just because you are somewhat higher than the average Saiyan does not mean you are a middle class warrior. If Raditz were a middle class Saiyan, he would be stronger than his father. Don't tell me you think Raditz was stronger than Bardock.

Nappa also refers to himself as an elite here.

@Frieza Force

Nope. I'm referring to this http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/db-full-color-saiyan-arc-01/

Bardock is as strong as he was because of his constant fighting over the years. He wasn't born with that strength as your implying. While Raditz on the other hand was born with a generally high initial PL for a Saiyan unlike his father, mother, and brother therefore he's a Upper Class Saiyan or Mid Class. And no. It means exactly what it says, an Upper level warrior and a the rest like Goku and Gine are Low Class Warriors. Bardock also was born as a low class but thanks to constant battle his power rose.

Hst master said:
Isn't Puar a dude?
Does it matter when Puar can do this? This was Puar training Roshi to control his perversion btw

Maxresdefaultgg

@Straika

VS Battle wiki is a family-friendly wiki. Please stop making comments referring to sexually explicit actions with these fictional characters.

Your last comment, and the responses to it, was deleted and you were already warned by Antvasima to cease making such comments. Stop pushing it, else you may receive more severe punishments like a suspension or even a ban.

I suggest deleting your comment.

Have a nice day.

@Warren Valion I removed my comment. Like I said Yamcha is lucky to have someone like Puar, who is able to transform into a beautiful woman, who can create a relationship with him. Last words: Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back