• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie is canon, Toriyama is working on this movie more than any other one and it says it follows the events of the ToP.

I haven't read the manga in a long time, but we sure baby goku was a thing in there?

SomebodyData said:
I haven't read the manga in a long time, but we sure baby goku was a thing in there?
I think what Raditz told about Goku being sent on Earth as a baby for destruction and what Roshi told about him hitting his head were in the manga.

Yeah but did they ever specify Goku was a baby? Because I went to the very 1st chapter and it doesn't mention he was a baby

Hst master said:
Yeah but did they ever specify Goku was a baby? Because I went to the very 1st chapter and it doesn't mention he was a baby
I'm not sure lol, guess I'll have to read it too.

The only image I found was Raditz remembering baby Goku. But if Goku was sent at birth, then how did he even know how baby goku looked like (Considering Raditz was off-world when planet Vegeta exploded)

For me, it kinda makes more sense this way. From what I can tell, the inconsitencies are from the Z anime and movies, not with the manga.

Yeah but he pictured baby goku. I seriously doubt Raditz knows how baby Bardock would look like to base it off of.

After reading both the starting part of DBZ and DB Minus, I'll say it is possible to write the story in such a way that it contradicts nothing, but it will be very tough to do and I doubt that the super highly intelligent guys at Toei and Toriyama would do so.

Also, why does Freeza look like a kid in that trailer lmao

Looks like a lot of things are more different in the anime/manga then we realized

I don't wanna consider that movie canon. Too many plot holes and inconsistencies

I hate being reminded that Minus exists and is canon.

The fact that they using anything from Minus at all just makes me groan, but hopefully they somehow make something good of it.

Raditz is an idiot, he could have been misinformed or straight up lying since he wasn't there when Bardock loaded Goku into the pod

Raditz has to be there. Raditz was with Vegeta on that planet but here he is still showned inside the pod when King Vegeta arrived. Didn't Kakarot spend 3 years inside the pod?

Yes but unless he was told about Kakarott being saved and not sent on a mission to conquer earth, which we know he wasn't really as he was with Vegeta all this time, he is misinformed or lying

Raditz knew that babies were sent to conquer planets. We know this from DBZ.

But Raditz could had learned that Goku was send to Earth years after the event of Planet Vegeta, and assume Goku was send there to destroy it.

Maybe but Raditz couldn't have known it was his father specifically who sent Kakarott to earth and not for the reason of conquering it. We have never seen baby Goku in the manga, so Goku arriving there in his toddler years can still fit with the timeline

They had scouters to communicate. If I am not wrong, Bardock told Gine to tell Raditz about it.

Goku IS mentioned to be found as a BABY by Gohan. Not a 3 year old toddle.

I don't understad how it works. Vegeta looked 6-8 years old when Beerus was humiliating his futher, but after few days he became an infant

Ugarik said:
I don't understad how it works. Vegeta looked 6-8 years old when Beerus was humiliating his futher, but after few days he became an infant
It possible that there are going to be multiple timeskips during those flashbacks where years pass after each scene, in this way would be possible to limit potential plot holes.

I wonder what they will do with Friezs once this ordeal is done. As much I like Frieza's character he still deserve to die and he can't run around free like this. They should make Vegeta kill him once and for all IMO.

These terrible retcons and their usage of Minus is going to ruin this movie for me. I despise that story and anyone who thinks it is better than BFoG. So many things that make no sense (Raditz, a common low level soldier, being assigned to work together with Vegeta, the prince, Goku being 3 when he's sent off when it was clearly stated and shown in the manga and anime that Gohan found him when he was a baby, Vegeta surviving because he ignored Friezas orders to return to the planet, when Dodoria stated that Frieza spared Vegeta himself and deliberately attacked the planet while Vegeta was away, the reason for Goku being sent away not matching what Raditz said), turning Gokus origin into a flat out ripoff of Superman, taking away Bardocks cool badass status. Ugh.

Man, even ignoring the Bardock movie, this new movie and DB Minus can't even get things right just going by the manga and Kai. Also, why the heck does Frieza still have an army? We were told that the ones that went to Earth were the last. They should all be long dead now. They have Friezas advisor Kikono from Minus as one of his henchmen in this movie. He should be long dead. They should all be long dead aside from new recruits, and he is not a new recruit, and neither is Lemo.

Man, Akira has a really bad memory. You guys are right though, it's his story so he can do whatever he wants. I just don't have to respect his choices. Nor do I respect his choices. Nor do I respect the opinions of anyone who believes that these retcons and plot holes are okay.

It was never shown he was a baby in the manga tho? They never shown the event of Goku landing on earth. Also Raitz wasn't a low level warrior like Bardock and Goku but he wasn't a elite either, not to mention Vegeta was assigned to his team alongside Nappa. Also Raditz got the call to return. Vegeta didn't, hell Vegeta didn't even have a scouter on. That said Idk how Bardock is consodered wimpy now, seeing as how the 1st thing he does in Minus is conquered a planet. And when it is said that Sorbet's faction was the last?

When Frieza offers Vegeta the position of his second in command if he kills Goku, he says that Sorbet is the only soldier left. This movie directly contradicts that statement.

Bardock may not be wimpy now, but the fact of the matter is that he was originally given a PL of nearly 10,000. The DB Minus manga and Akira's statements establish that low class Saiyans can be promoted if they raise their power levels enough. This Bardock is stated to be too weak to be promoted to elite status, making him weaker than Nappa, who had a PL of 4000. This means that this version of Bardock isn't even half as strong.

Raditz, being a common soldier, should not have been allowed to work directly with the prince and an elite. Nappa, and especially Vegeta, should have been too important in the Saiyan hierarchy to have even known, much less worked directly with, a common footsoldier like Raditz. They shouldn't have even met him until after their planet got destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back