• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Why are we assuming Jiren's barriers can't cover his whole body?
don't see how is that relevant nor when did I ever say such a thing. Also, because it was quite clearly shown he can. Not gonna discus that further I am bored of it.

@Dragon I meant let's stop discussing it.

Instead did anyone notice the huge change in Champa's character with all that praising Hit thing.

>Than there is all the fact there several of them. Attack from several directions and he is screwed.

I.may have misunderstood but thay implies he cant AOE his shield around his whole body.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>Than there is all the fact there several of them. Attack from several directions and he is screwed.

I.may have misunderstood but thay implies he cant AOE his shield around his whole body.
You didn't read the discussion me and @dragon had. Nor did you read why did we have it. So, please don't comment about it further... Please.

I read it, that sentence implies simply shooting at him from different directions is gonna matter though, onkybway i csn see that is if his shield somehow doesn't cover his whole body.

Ill drop it but just saying.

WilliamShadow wrote: Destroy the ground means they don't hit him and the force field but the ground several meters in front of him...

Just for the sake of your curiosity this is my first comment about it. Maybe, but just maybe, you will understand everything else.

Speaking of Jiren, wasn't he suppose to get some abilities that where displayed in the recent episode?. I noticed everyone including him where upgraded so I assume that they were forgotten or are a no go?.

WilliamShadow said:
He got resistance on time stop i think. And well, spinning abilties.
Jiren needs: Resistance to time manipulation (time skip, time stop), telepathy, possible telekinesis, resistance to durability negation?

Quote from Unite My Rice

Resistance to time manipulation: Ok

Telepathy: Ok

Possible Telekinesis: Dunno, he can unleash a force with his glare, but it could be not telekinesis

Resistance to Dura Negation: No.

His Resistance to Dura Negation apparently comes from the fact he block Hit's attack which went through Goku's Skin to his heart but I'm not sure how you would describe that.

He blocked Hit's Shockwave that just a second ago phased clean through the rocks that were blocking its path, what ability does that fall under.

Dark649 said:
He interacted with Belmond Telepathy.
Does Gohan have telepathy as well? He interacted with goku during his clash with cell. honest question.

PaChi2 said:
Does Gohan have telepathy as well? He interacted with goku during his clash with cell. honest question.
No, it was Goku that interacted with Gohan, or else anyone who interacted with King Kai wouls have it as well.

The Dura Negation thing is iffy because Hit clearly hit Goku and he managed to hit a casual Jiren, but doesn't scale to him.

Hit's attack which goes through the skin to attack the organs failed to go through Jiren. We even saw the move go through a rock right before hitting Jiren.

That's not durability negation, he used the force of his attacks to strike the organs of the opponents same for Jiren glare attacks. Jiren also did not displayed telepathy on his own.

Cool, now to something I actually care about instead of Jiren.

How much stronger do people think Vegito Blue is compared to Goku? Do you think SSB Kaio-Ken X20 would be able to fight or even beat Vegito Blue?

Obviously I'm assuming Vegito isn't using Kaio-Ken.

@Dark Jiren has badass strength but zero personality.

Poinciana1971 said:
Cool, now to something I actually care about instead of Jiren.
How much stronger do people think Vegito Blue is compared to Goku? Do you think SSB Kaio-Ken X20 would be able to fight or even beat Vegito Blue?

Obviously I'm assuming Vegito isn't using Kaio-Ken.
Vegito Blue and Merged Zamasu are in another Level compared to Goku SSBK x 20. Goku back then thought fusion is the only way to battle and have a chance against Merged Zamasu. Trunks also said that Vegito's energy is unbelievable.

DodoNova2 said:
DB characters are low 2-C now? Saint seiya, Digimon and Sailor moon is coming OvO
Oh pls no

Also nice avatar :)

DodoNova2 said:
DB characters are low 2-C now? Saint seiya, Digimon and Sailor moon vs DB is coming OvO
Pure strength cannot trump hax. At this point, I'm actually glad DC and Marvel vs Dragon Ball matchups are banned.

@Natse Welllllllll under normal circumstances you'd be right, but given how the strength of Dragon Ball characters seems to override hax in the canon, I think it's safe to say that enough power can presumably overcome it-- especially in Jiren's case. That being said, I think it entirely depends on the character and unless it's something like "can SSGSS Goku overcome Babidi-tier mind manipulation", it has to be taken on a case-by-case basis.

I agree, in terms of battle it's dangerous to set the precedent that "oh well, if power > hax then all Dragon Ball characters can overcome most hax", which is why I don't agree with that line of thinking and think it should be approached rationally and on a case-by-case basis. For example, I'm not sure Jiren would be able to withstand somebody with far greater time hax than Hit.

But anyway, shouldn't Hit be High 3-A?

We don't know if Hit is infinitely stronger than before and was overpowered by casual Jiren, he had to bind him, but he then freed and shotted him.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
His Cage of Time should be High 3-A at least.
We dont give hax different ratings.

2-C kid lucemon because he sealed a 2-C isnt a thing.

Okay I see the upgrade to Low 2-C went through for Jiren.

The thing is, it takes Low 2-C power to break out of Cage of Time, and Jiren struggled to break out of it. I'm not saying upgrade Hit himself, just his Cage of Time attack. We gave Cocotte's dimensional bubbles their own rating, and those seem like dimensional hax to me. So I don't see why the same can't be done for Cage of Time.

Hit just binded him with an hax attack, which cannot be translated to ap, Jiren started to easily break from it.

Jiren did not break out of it easily. It clearly took him effort, otherwise he would have broken out of it right away.

@Pachi2 You mean translated to durability, not AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back