• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryukama said:
I won't immediately judge the arc just yet, but I'm a bit disappointed with the seeming short cuts that have been taken so far.

First they take away 4 universes from the tournament, no longer making this the "All Universe Tournament." And now they make this a single battle royale match.

I understand that they weren't going to introduce and flesh out 120 characters. But couldn't they have done something like montages, off screen match ups or mini time skips?

It seems like now they've just backed down on what they've been promising us for a super long time now, a martial arts tournament with all 12 universes
The no killing rule makes no sense. Especially when they're gonna die falling into the void anyways. Hit can't go full power either. He had the potential to be the winner. Good thing is that vegito can actually return

@BlueNakedGuy I'm sorry but did you quote the right person? Because while I agree with a lot of what you said, it kinda has nothing to do with what I was saying in that quote.

Yeah this arc seems to cut and dry for Dragon Ball. Something has to happen. I'm betting even Daishinkan or Zurama.

I'm almost positive Grand Priest will turn out to be a villain, perhaps having manipulated Zen'o into deciding the rules of the tournament due to his childlike nature.

Though there was also this other really interesting theory I read on TvTropes related to Future Zen'o being evil thanks to Fusion Zamasu (It's complicated).

God-King Superman77 said:
If the Grand Priest was the villain they would need to get Zeno in order to win.
Even better: What if daishinkan is actually more powerful than zeno, but has kept zeno as a figurehead so that the "ruler" won't be truly accountable for the mess that happens later due to the "ruler" being child-like. Maybe this will open the door to db-verse's cosmology being expanded with a higher order of cosmic beings beyond zeno and daishinkan

With the stories of anime and manga even if following the same script, so as not to have clear differences, I suggest you create a one page for manga characters

Ya, I agree with Hakaishim, the manga and anime are so different in the way they deal with things, that I think it would constitute different pages for the manga characters.

Vegan Gains said:
it would constitute different pages for the manga characters.
I think it is useless to make pages for the manga characters since they are the same as the anime except a few differences, one of these being that there are no Universal feats for Beerus.

No, the wiki shut down when the new episode came out. If it hadn't we would have probably already been on thread 33.

It's becoming more and more suggestive that Grand Priest is the puppet master behind it all. He blatantly stopped the Toppo vs Goku fight by his own volition, despite Zeno clearly enjoying it and upset that it stopped. This shows that he's not simply acting as a voice for Zeno, but that he also has influence over Zeno's decision making.

On another note, this is the third time Future Zeno corrected his hand raise when Present Zeno raised his right hand. Something is up with Future Zeno.

Grand Priest is taking roughly 40 hours to make an arena inside of that Void Space so that's possible Hax and I believe future Zen'o is just trying to be like the original Zen'o it might mean that he wants to destroy the original one and take his place

So to recap from dbs latest episode toppo is a total disappointment number 1 and number 2 they are making goku too strong compared to everyone else besides jiren who lets be honest will likely bring nothing new to the table.

Toppo is 3-A, when serious he was able to clash his ki with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken Goku. At his full power power he is slighty superior to full capacity Bergamo, but below Goku and Jiren.

Derpmaster9000 said:
So to recap from dbs latest episode toppo is a total disappointment number 1 and number 2 they are making goku too strong compared to everyone else besides jiren who lets be honest will likely bring nothing new to the table.
How was Toppo a disappointment? He was fighting on par with SSB Goku and even pushed him into using Kaioken.

Am I the only one here who thinks it would be a good idea to give jiren some strong hax to make him stand out more instead of him being the typical bland dbz guy who's just punch kick and ki blast all day long?

^ And Hit forced him into kk10 and even had the edge against him.

Not really impressive when characters from previous arc had done it far better.

Well thing is while we want hax. In DB, having a character who is just extremely powerful is enough to make said character memorable, Although considering Hit had something that made him instantly popular, I see Jiren getting something good.

Hit The Badass said:
^
And Hit forced him into kk10 and even had the edge against him.

Not really impressive when characters from previous arc had done it far better.
You're forgetting that Goku was much weaker then and that at that time Goku didn't have full control over SSBKKx10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back