• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTW395 said:
The otherworld tournament arc and the various other filler scènes in DBZ are still part of the Canon continuity of the Dragonball franchise and should be scaled to the Canon part of the franchise.
No. If you watch Dragon Ball Super (Canon series), you will see that the appearance of Hell and Frieza are completely different. In the Canon Continuity, Frieza was in his Mecha Form blocked in a cocoon in the Canon Hell the whole time and not in his Perfect Form along with King Cold or Cell like the Anime Filler.

An analogy:

Say there's a show called Cal. It continues for a long while until the eponymous character Cal reaches for some milk. Going for the milk spawns Cal GT. Ditching the milk and going for some juice spawns Cal Super. The events prior to the milk still happened in both series.

Gokuiscool144 said:
When you want to speak, but mods get triggered easy.

Still agree with@FTW
We'd prefer you not make snarky comments like that. We are not "triggered". Disagreeing and debating with someone does not mean one is "triggered". Thank You.

Anyway guys could you take this to a general discussion board or something? I mean this is a Fun and Games Board. This doesn't seem very "fun".

@Dragonmaster

you know that resopnes with all duo reseckt is the very deffenishin of triggered not saying you aways get triggered but this time you did and you know what? you have every right to get triggered one in a wiell you and a hand full of peapul are trying to huld this huge place together thats got to be extrmly stresful.

quite frankly you and the rest of the staff have every right to be far worse then what peapal try to prtray you as with all the stres you most go thruo i dont kmow how you can keep your self to gether.

edit i am laughing to myself at all the spelling errors I had

Wow the Yamcha Manga came out already!? I just heard about the damn thing, It's pretty cool how the Dragon Ball Room works now. I really like this it's as if one of us diehard fans became Yamcha and knows everything that happens next and can lead everything in a better direction. For example I don't think Buu is gonna be made, Vegeta won't marry Bulma so Trunks won't be born and that would mess with the whole Android-Cell Saga

I expect Great Things for the Future but I cannot wait! Grabs his Time Ring

Yamcha will probably take care of that but what i'm not sure about is how he's going to get to God Levels if he's only Human and can't undergo the SSJG ritual

You're all missing my point, I don't care about the differences between non-canon and canon that's not what I'm getting at. The thing is we have characters who we know that are weaker than other characters higher rated than those characters. Do you realize what any reasonable person's reaction would be if you came to him and said Yamcha was stronger than Gohan Buu (granted this person gives a damn about DBZ and power scaling). Filler scenes should be scaled from the series they're filler scenes off and shouldn't be treated as a non-canon series on its own.

You could make a complete non-canon Dragonball category with an "Anime Goku" and an "Anime Frieza", so that you could properly scale these characters.

Well there has been a huge discussion for accepting Buu's Galaxy Busting feat as canon I'm for the argument but that never pulled through

FTW395 said:
Does anyone else agree that this picture looks pretty badass? Also Android 17 waddup.
oh yea that would be an interesting addition lol

Its really annoying me that toei made hit come back for a very short time they make goku die in a mini arc instead of a main arc and whats even more worse is that after some episodes goku is fine everyone is fine its like hit never came to earth to assinate goku hit is the best assassin in universe 6 yet the z fighters dealt with him so quickly its very very annoying

Why won't they put Goku back in his ROF gear? Seriously that was a good modernized look for him, even Naruto and Luffy have permanently changed looks lol.

Please toei don't kill Hit or I'll nuke you with a ETSB. Maybe Hit didn't actually kill him. Goku and Hit fake it to find the one putting the Hit on Goku.

I feel like that's the team for the multiversal tournament and survival means they're gonna have to "survive" an obsticle course or maze made by Zeno and those who make it out are the true fighters of the tournament.

OR

Those are the fighters and after a specific universe loses, they ally with 5 other universes and declare war. Omni-King just sits back and lets them have said war, claiming that it's within the laws of the Gods.

Maybe we get like a Chuunin exam-esque thing, First part was knowledge (which was already established in the U6/U7 tourny arc), then Survival (which is what we have been shown now) and at last a tournament between the survivors.

So Hit arc was nothing but filler.

• sigh* Another good character going to get ruined by Toei.
As far as new arc, sounds stupid and boring.

Hit The Badass said:
sigh* Another good character going to get ruined by Toei.
I hope he does eventually reappear for the arc, but i have the fear that he won't because they will defeat/deal with him in the mini arc.

I hope he does eventually reappear for the arc, but i have the fear that he won't because they will defeat/deal with him in the mini arc.

he will lose his credibilty if he lost, which is a high chance.

Honsetly, this space arc sounds as terrible as GT space arc and giving same vibe and along with filler Hit arc, my interest in DBS is almost zero.

I like Hit but outside of being a generic badass he has like no personality, the preview for "filler arc" alone has given him more detailed look into his psyche than the entire tournament.

From the preview alone we can gather that no matter how much he likes/respects a person he will kill them.

Honsetly, this space arc sounds as terrible as GT space arc and giving same vibe and along with filler Hit arc, my interest in DBS is almost zero.
the exact thing people said about future trunks arc

we know how that turned out

Just like you my interest in DBS right now is very close to zero

Nice to see someone sharing my view. DbS was going good when Black was introduced but multiple asspulls ruined the entire arc for me.

I thought this Hit was going to be a longer arc and we will see more personality from Hit and maybe redemption of some chracters but it seems these fillers are only to settle score b/w Goku and Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back