• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it's time for "Cringy Jokes with Cal." These come along whenever Hit does. (Go check the discussion thread back when Hit was first revealed to have timestop)

If Kakarot had an attack dog, what would its name be?

Answer: GoCujo

So of all the character or things they could make a spin-off of they chose Yamcha and its not even the canon one...

Does Toei not like money?

On the brightside a "Gods of Destruction" series might actually happen XD

I wonder if Yamcha will battle Beerus......

Anyone else wonder if this is a Dragon Ball Room idea?

A yamcha spinoff? I can't beleive this, of all the characters to give a spinoff we get yamcha? This is hilarious, i have to see this.

Celestial Pegasus said:
A yamcha spinoff? I can't beleive this, of all the characters to give a spinoff we get yamcha? This is hilarious, i have to see this.
you and me both LOL

So here is my prediction for the spin-off9at least for the first chapter)

In the last 2 days of training with kami hes gonna sneak into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and train for an extra 2 years.

I can't believe this is actually happening and to of all people yamcha!?. This is going to be one for the record books I tell ya worst person to give it to there where so many other choices.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I can't believe this is actually happening and to of all people yamcha!?. This is going to be one for the record books I tell ya worst person to give it to there where so many other choices.
3-A Tenshinhan was so close :(

Does anyone know if Yamcha is popular in Japan? Maybe thats the reason they chose him.

Everyone here is complaining about Yamcha being the main character of a comedy manga...

...But that is what I wanted.

SomebodyData said:
Everyone here is complaining about Yamcha being the main character of a comedy manga...
...But that is what I wanted.
Ikr can't wrap my head around the fact that people are opposed by this. Yamcha being the superstar of a spin-off manga? Count me in!

So far his only feat is tanking all 6 Saibaman and possibly beating Nappa and Vegeta.

Wait until he's fighting Freeza to make a profile.

Yeah i wasnt planning on doing it now just wanted to see if I could when the time is right.(waiting until he evidently fights Beerus)

@Dark649 Waait hold on, so Yamcha > Olibu > Gohan Buu? Think there's something wrong with the scaling here.

FTW395 said:
@Dark649 Waait hold on, so Yamcha > Olibu > Gohan Buu? Think there's something wrong with the scaling here.
Nope. In the Anime (Not Canon) Kid Buu destroyed a galaxy after some time (This is why anime-base Gt characters are 4-A), while in the manga he did not (This is why Buu and etc. are 4-B). In the same Anime filler episode Yamcha, Olibu and Pikkon were scared of Kid Buu power.

Dark649 said:
Nope. In the Anime (Not Canon) Kid Buu destroyed a galaxy after some time (This is why anime-base Gt characters are 4-A), while in the manga he did not (This is why Buu and etc. are 4-B). In the same Anime filler episode Yamcha, Olibu and Pikkon were scared of Kid Buu power.
Sigh, I guess that's how this forum works, but one should realize that you're not accurately portraying characters this way. It's just wrong to say someone who's known to be vastly (and I mean vastly) weaker is rated higher as the the person who's A LOT stronger.

If we were to go by your logic then feats and stats don't matter at all, what would be the point of the forum to begin with?

@SD feats matter when comparing fights between fictional characters from different franchises, however when comparing fighters from the same franchise we should ignore the feats and go with the in-universe power scaling they give us. Or are you willing to debate that Piccolo Jr. during the Saiyan Saga is stronger than Android 17, because Android 17 never showed Moon Busting level attacks?

The flaw in your argument is that you're treating non-canon as part of the in-universe power scaling and you are mistaking power scaling to scaling to different universes. When it comes to different canonicities, you have to treat them as a different series unless working with composites, or else we would have Moon level Piccolo from DBE, as Piccolo = Piccolo

I'm on both sides on this. Yes, they're not the same Yamcha, but one, the canon Yamcha exists as the non canon Yamcha (think anime!Yamcha as canon Yamcha + 1), and honestly, our non-canon DB scaling is pretty $#!++y

Well if we were to accept this we would have 3-A Goten or something absurd like that.

So as bad as non-canon scaling is, 3-A Dragon Ball GT would be the unholy abomination of scaling gone wrong

No, the flaw in your argument is that you're acting as if DBE which is an entire non-canon continuity on it's own as a part of the Canon franchise. The otherworld tournament arc and the various other filler scènes in DBZ are still part of the Canon continuity of the Dragonball franchise and should be scaled to the Canon part of the franchise. The movies,the various spin-offs and DBGT are all non-canon continuities while the DBZ filler is just a non-canon part in the Canon series. (Hope this makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back