• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel kinda bad for how much I laughed at that lol @Azzy

It's a boring and overused cliche that, more often than not, falls flat.

It honestly feels like Toriyama's just dipping into the fandom's horrible ideas at this point.

SomebodyData said:
Goku Black...
Probably means Dark Goku, since I believe they used the same symbol in japanese, also why are so many people dissapointed in an evil Goku, its literally a common trait amount other fictions so why dislike it happening to db....?
Because there were sooooooo many theories about Evil Goku this and Evil Goku that.

I personally don't mind the cheesy name, but I hope the new enemy looks cool!!

Promestein said:
It's a boring and overused cliche that, more often than not, falls flat.
It honestly feels like Toriyama's just dipping into the fandom's horrible ideas at this point.
I still think it's not as bad as quite a few of us are thinking with only a color description to go on. I'll probably eat my words but hey lol

I do agree I wish he was faaaaaarrrrr more creative with the series. If you read some of his other works he's a very creative individual and it's almost like that element is surpressed with DB. On the brightside a fight surpassing Time and Space will probably bring creativity. Hopefully.

I wish that Toriyama would go back to making interesting, unique villains instead of rehashing his greatest hits. Because he's done that for the past three arcs. DBS is just a recolored rerun of DBZ.

I'm not sure whats unique about an alien rip off, a cocaroach, and a piece of bubble gum

JKKKKK

SomebodyData said:
I'm not sure whats unique about an alien rip off, a cocaroach, and a piece of bubble gum
JKKKKK
And a purple cat god that destroys Universes just because he wants puddin.

heh

As much as I hate to say it I have to agree with Prom on Goku Black. I don't care if other series have done the "evil version of the main character" thing. Because I usually don't like it when those other series do it either.

One time where I did like it though was during Injustice since that "Evil Superman" was a product of tragedy and him wanting to do what he truly felt was the right thing. Along with bringing up the possibility of "Good Superman" turning that way if something like that happened to him.

But let's face it DB doesn't have deep writing like that and it'll likely just be dark, edgy recolor of Goku that is completely evil with no subtlety, ambiguity or motivation. I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong but I don't have hope in "Goku Black" being anything but awful.

Knowing Toryiama and this fandom, we'll probably change our minds later on, remember the metal man and purple cat god when they were first announced?

SomebodyData said:
Knowing Toryiama and this fandom, we'll probably change our minds later on, remember the metal man and purple cat god when they were first announced?
Let's hope

Yeah, but we already have an Evil Goku, his name is Turles.

Maybe this new enemy just shape-shifted to look like Goku or something.

i just hope that with the space time thing (the future indicating timelines and hopefully infinite timelies) that dbs in end of series gets well into tier 2 like 2-A or something

The Living Tribunal1 said:
WAAIITTT WOT
FUTURE TIMELINES?

BEYOND SPACE TIME???

BRO

INFINITE TIMELINES POSSIBLE???

ARE WE GONNE END UP WELL INTO TIER 2?

my dream of 2-A eod DBS may comme true!!!!!

WTFFF
WHAT?! *flips the desk* HOLY SAP! THAT'S AWESOME! ^^^^^^^^

Tier 2 feats incomiiiing! Choo Chooooo!!

You know at this point I feel that Toriyama is one of us and whenever Goku loses a fight he buffs him up more

Story wise I'm impressed an evil Goku is bound to have some Personality unlike a certain villain (cough)(cough)

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Inb4 Toriyama uses "Omnipotent" to describe a character in an upcoming arc and everyone demands that character to be Tier 0 :p
I would not even be able to deal

I swear the wankers would flood in

^That pretty much means a lot of banning to do. Not that i have a problem with that but still though...

Does anybody feel like toriyama is about to introduce reality warping and other hax for the gods in the upcoming arc? Because I'm starting to get that vibe from where dbs is going.

I want each god (or at least the pairs) to have unique abilities that make them so dangerous and powerful, not just blowing a lot of stuff up.

And have cool designs. I know they're not tied to Beerus and Champa, but maybe keeping with a vaguely Egyptian theme would be nice.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I want each god (or at least the pairs) to have unique abilities that make them so dangerous and powerful, not just blowing a lot of stuff up.
And have cool designs. I know they're not tied to Beerus and Champa, but maybe keeping with a vaguely Egyptian theme would be nice.
Each gods (or pair of gods at least) have their own unique abilities that makes them unique, dangerous, and powerful? I like that idea a lot.

So....have Gods of Destruction that each have Egyption themed outfits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back