• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed that it was Beerus who sealed the old kaioshin and that he had enough potential to destroy the kaioshin realm.
Beerus can destroy the Kaioshin Realm with Hakai, a technique that Kid Buu doesn't have.

In the Spanish version it is also said that Kid Boo can destroy the universe.

In another English translation, Goku says that Kid Buu would take the universe in a "Poof", herms, the translator of the scans in the kanzenshuu, confirmed that the translation is correct.

Herms(Todd Blankenship) confirming that the translation is correct.

Answer link on twitter:

In the legendary manga it says that Boo can destroy the universe.

Statements about "destroying the universe" are usually very hyperbolic. Even Frieza has a statement like that.

supposedly Bills should have just gained the position of God of Destruction, it is mentioned that he was inferior to Majin Boo, after training he must have reached what he is today, so the Majin Boo is scaled above the beerus of that time, which was enough to obliterate the entire Kaio kingdom, said in the work itself.
Incorrect, he had the position for at least 200+ million years as stated in the 5th episode of Dragon Ball Super, "Showdown on King Kai's world! Goku vs. Beerus the destroyer!"

Beerus can destroy the Kaioshin Realm with Hakai, a technique that Kid Buu doesn't have.

Statements about "destroying the universe" are usually very hyperbolic. Even Frieza has a statement like that.
The first part of this is headcanon, show me a single scan that supports this.

For the second part, the frieza and buu statement are not the same, Goku says the universe will be in danger, this doesn’t inherently mean the same as he will destroy the universe, unlike Buu’s statement. The statement could simply be referring to a evil guy like frieza in goku’s eyes (since goku is making the statement), taking over the universe, etc.

Buu’s statement on the other hand says the universe will disappear in a poof, poof implying instantaneous destruction or very quickly.

Poof: used to convey the suddenness with which someone or something disappears.

Disappear:
cease to be visible.

BFR (be ******* fr)

If the Saikyō Jump interview is to be taken as fact, then the Elder Kai was, evidently, taking out of his ass, which seems likely considering his brash, abrasive, and borderline senile behavior. The Elder Kai claimed that Beerus sealed him away because he was afraid of his Unlock Ability, whereas Toriyama stated that Beerus sealed the Elder Kai away out of frustration over a petty argument. The two are conflicting accounts, and if a younger Beerus is accepted as 3-B, then the things Elder Kai said have to be accepted as unreliable narration.

Also, in the Viz translation, the Elder Kai uses the word "terrible", and according to Herms, the original Japanese text uses "strong and [bad]", which could imply Buu is more powerful than Beerus, but could also imply that Buu was considered a greater threat than Beerus. Considering Kid Buu is notoriously deemed the "most dangerous" incarnation of Majin Buu, devoid of rational thought and hell-bent on senseless destruction, this is not completely out of the question.
that he had enough potential to destroy the kaioshin realm.
"Naturally, it wouldn’t have been proper for him to destroy the Kaiōshin Realm itself" could either refer to, in-universe, Beerus having the power to destroy the Realm of the Kai at the time and choosing against that, or, out-of-universe, Toriyama choosing an action for Beerus to take that was less extreme and less impactful on the greater universe. The former is the likelier answer, but...
it is said that Kid boo can destroy the universe.
Since when was Goku a reliable narrator on cosmology?
Also, "fate of the universe" or "fate of the galaxy"?
In the legendary manga it says that Boo can destroy the universe.
Seems flowery and is also largely unsubstantiated.
It took a Universal Genkidama to kill Kid Buu.
Vegeta explicitly requested to receive energy from Earth exclusively.
I'm going to use the Dragon Ball Super chapter as a base
Does not backscale to the Z pages.

Beerus didn't even exist at the time of this chapters creation. and a hypothetical buu saga beerus would not be 3-B. hard disagree.

Yeah Kid Buu definitely don't posess god ki (or at least never used it, likely cause it never knew how to) for the simple fact he could be sensed. God ki cannot be sensed and it'd be instantly noticable if that would happen

but what arguments is this? kaioshin makes it clear in the scan that Majin Buu is said to be more powerful, sorry, but I don't want to waste my time with bait, it is described several times that Majin Buu can destroy the entire universe, about genkidama being gathered only by the earth you are wrong, it was also gathered by nameke, quoted in the anime and manga that it was all energy in the universe, your argument phony doesn't refute my scans, okay? In the Moro arc, Uub's energy was shown to be enough to restore all the energy of the superior instinct and not its resistance, could you read the scans, please?
Majin Buu being more powerful than Beerus is a literal joke. Besides, it's implied that Beerus is more powerful than MUI Goku even in the Moro Arc anyway, so this wouldn't apply regardless

you know that all this happened 75 million years ago, right? And that every God of Destruction is trained to become a god? so even Akira toriyama's own word is in the middle, no there's no way to disagree with anything, except accepting the harsh reality, as I said above, in the manga and anime it is mentioned that energy was gathered by the entire universe, if you're going to talk, bring proof of this and not false testimonies.
I love how you bring in vague statements to try dismissing the actual facts we see. We see that SSJ3 Goku is around equal to Buu to the point where they can throw hands pretty well. We also know that a stronger SSJ3 Goku is literal garbage in comparison to Beerus. In fact, even the more powerful Super Saiyan God Goku was nowhere near his level, and that doesn't even regard the fact that MUI Goku is weaker too lol

Anyway, as for my thoughts here, I'm a little confused why Uub having the ability to rejuvenate Goku's energy more than a fatigued Piccolo, Vegeta, Gohan, etc. somehow puts him at 3B considering that all these guys are like tier 4 currently.

As for the rest of the arguments, I'll add in responses to them later

Beerus from seventy-five million years ago.
Oh. That becomes much more difficult to properly answer. Even then, I'm not sure if you could really give a 3B rating unless we have solid feats from the Beerus of that time. Still, him being "dangerous" rather than outright more powerful is also sus

Oh. That becomes much more difficult to properly answer. Even then, I'm not sure if you could really give a 3B rating unless we have solid feats from the Beerus of that time. Still, him being "dangerous" rather than outright more powerful is also sus
done is there, Is there a quote from the creator himself?
Now just accept reality

A mortal surpassing the GoD of the universe is extremely rare. So rare in fact, that Beerus was shocked when he heard about Jiren from U11, who is more powerful than Belmod. And that statement of Beerus being < Buu was clearly retconned in Super by how he smacked around SSJ3 Goku like it was nothing, seeing his power as unimpressive, and that even a SSG couldn't even bring him close to full power. Elder Kai was also extremely terrified of Beerus even though they never interacted for 75 million years, and even though he knows Goku is stronger than Buu now

A God of Destruction being weaker than even a mortal who just started to use God Ki (Goku and Vegeta just before RoF), is absolutely ludicrous

Okay, and how is this tier 3? Have any evidence that Beerus for 75 millions years before Super even starts would be tier 3?
beerus would destroy the kaioshin realm that is Kaioshin Realm = 1/10 of the macrocosm = Several Galaxies.

yes, I put everything above in my update, could you read it so I don't have to keep repeating the same arguments?

beerus would destroy the kaioshin realm that is Kaioshin Realm = 1/10 of the macrocosm = Several Galaxies
Is it ever said how he would destroy the Kaioshin Realm though? Could it be via Hakai? He should have it as even a GoD Candidate like Toppo was able to use it.

A mortal surpassing the GoD of the universe is extremely rare. So rare in fact, that Beerus was shocked when he heard about Jiren from U11, who is more powerful than Belmod. And that statement of Beerus being < Buu was clearly retconned in Super by how he smacked around SSJ3 Goku like it was nothing, seeing his power as unimpressive, and that even a SSG couldn't even bring him close to full power. Elder Kai was also extremely terrified of Beerus even though they never interacted for 75 million years, and even though he knows Goku is stronger than Buu now

A God of Destruction being weaker than even a mortal who just started to use God Ki (Goku and Vegeta just before RoF), is absolutely ludicrous
it's the beerus of the past, don't get things wrong, beerus must have evolved during that long time that it was inferior to Majin Buu, and the Majin Buu race is not mortal lol

Is it ever said how he would destroy the Kaioshin Realm though? Could it be via Hakai? He should have it as even a GoD Candidate like Toppo was able to use it.
it is not mentioned anywhere, but also beerus does not need the hakai to destroy a galaxy, despite the exchange of punches with Goku showing this.

beerus does not need the hakai to destroy a galaxy, despite the exchange of punches with Goku showing this
This is completely unrelated to my argument, Beerus was much weaker 75 million years before his battle with SSG Goku.

it's the beerus of the past, don't get things wrong, beerus must have evolved during that long time that it was inferior to Majin Buu,
No, the Beerus of the past is still the GoD of U7, and again, a mortal surpassing a God is extremely rare. In fact, in places such as U11, even a being as powerful as Toppo is not ready to replace Belmod as the new GoD. Besides, Moro existed even before Buu have attacked, and Moro was even more powerful than him, yet Beerus would be so weak even the Supreme Kai surpass him??? That's laughable, since if he'd really be that much weaker than he wouldn't have even be able to seal the Old Kai
and the Majin Buu race is not mortal lol
Do you have a proof for that??? Buu isn't a god like the kais or Beerus. Buu is a creature that existed for a very long time, but nothing in the manga says he lives forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back