• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dracula (Castlevania) Vs Pontos (Saint Seiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Two of the most broken 2-Cs face each other in a fight

Rules

• Speed Equalized
  • Fight will take place in Dracula's Castle
  • Win by Death or Incapacitation

Dracula:

Pontos:

I'll still give it to Pontos, he can erase Dracula and nullify his Mid-Godly regen, whike Dracula can't bypass his Low-Godly regen due to Pontos's resistance to soul manipulation

First of all, some facts:

• Pontos is MUCH stronger than Dracula. Hell, I might say that Pontos is the most powerful 2-C in our wiki, AP wise. Unless you can point to someone who can like, bust 800 universes, I don't think he's surpassed.
  • Dracula's Immortality and Regenerationn, however, is far greater than anything Pontos has ever faced. While yes, everyone and their mother in Saint Seiya can kill souls, The Excalibur can kill beings who regenerate from nothing, people like Iapetus and Hades can erase you from existence, and Pontos can do it better than them, Dracula is simply absurd.
  • To put it simply, Dracula cannot be killed as long as there's still chaotic emotions within the hearts and minds of humanity, and as long as the Abstract Embodiment of Chaos still lingers. You can kill Dracula by erasing him from existence, yes, but his Type 8 Immortality would bring him back.
As for the battle itself, here is my take on it:

Dracula is surprisingly, one of the few characters who can match Pontos in most Hax departament. His control over Chaos and Concept Manipulation gives him the edge, and their control over Life & Death and Souls are surprisingly comparable. Mind Manipulation too.

However, Pontos has Dracula beat in pretty much everything else. Pontos' Eschatos Dunamis giving him control over the Chaos from which the universe in every element emerged is insane. He can basically warp Reality in every aspect. And of course, Pontos has his pesky Fate Manipulation that crumbs his opponents.

However, there is very few that Pontos can do to put Dracula down for good. If Battlefield Removals count as victories, I suppose that Pontos could erase Dracula's existence and then trap his soul in a Solar Eclipse, impeding him from connecting with Chaos. Although Dracula's soul would reincarnate as a japanese highschooler, so Pontos wouldn't really be defeating him.

Meanwhile Dracula would just... not be able to accomplish much. His connection and control over Chaos would certainly give Pontos far more trouble than most opponents, but his attacks would hardly do anything on Pontos. He would simply shrug off anything Dracula throws at him. Of course, Dracula could win by erasing Pontos' existence. But given Pontos' superior Void / Erasing powers, and his massively superior Attack Potency, I doubt Dracula would be capable of doing so.

Finally, here's what I think would be the deciding factor: Intellect.

Dracula is a brilliant mind, and a master manipulator, and he holds over 900 years of experience and knowledge. However, Pontos is an Abstract Entity connected to the very universe, who is at least as old as Planet Earth. And unlike most gods in Saint Seiya, he does not overestimate himself when it comes to his planning. Plans which outsmart other billion-old beings.

So it all comes down to this question: Can Pontos incapacitate Dracula?

If the answer is yes then my vote goes to Pontos.

Huh. Well, if that counts as a win here then Pontos has my vote. If it doesn't then the match is just going to be inconclusive.

I vote inconclusive based on Matthew's excellent reasoning. It'd be one of those situations in which someone (Pontos) has the high ground but can't really kill the other guy (Dracula) for good, and in this case, the other guy might actually have what he needs to beat the one with superior stats, with enough patience.

I think eventually the two stop fighting and have a cup of tea in Castlevania, discussing the wretchedness of humanity as "Wood Carving Partitia" plays softly in the background. I wonder what would start the fight and if they'd team up to make an evil plan to free Gaia or something like that? That would be neat.

Nah, Pontos would whoop Dracula up and seal him. He wouldn't befriend him. And since the match accepts incapacitation, Pontos wins.

Oh, if a vicious cycle of sealing counts as incapacitation, then yes. Well, it's still a feather in Drac's cap that he isn't stomped to anihilation by Pontos, right?

He actually is stomped, I covered this in my post. Pontos is both superior in hax and AP, though Dracula has some hax that don't make this a complete stomp worthy of closing the thread..

Yes, that's what I meant, that Dracula's hax is comparable to Pontos's, who arguably has the best AP and hax in 2-C. Not many can stand up to Pontos and not be simply discarded, and I don't think anyone in 2-C can beat him. Dracula is fortunate to be among the few who have enough abilities to not look like a complete joke in comparison to Pontos, is all, even if he is ultimately inferior.

Pontos can win technically. He can seal Dracula and then proceed to destroy all of humanity. Having his Immortality tied up with the existence of mortals is kind of Dracula's weakest aspect

It was generally agreed that Pontos stomps then seals once he realizes Drac is too much of a bother to be permakilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back